Goats?

Jan 5, 2006
I don't know about any specific breeds, but there are milk goats and sheep in DR. It's not a big business though.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hipocrito Mejia said:
I don't know about any specific breeds, but there are milk goats and sheep in DR. It's not a big business though.

Tell me where. I'm in the market for a few milk goats. For the milk, not for the business :classic:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
apostropheman said:

A goat is sometimes simply a goat, and not a old fellow looking for a chica in Sosua... ;)

This time I'm looking for goats - the four legged variety that one can milk! I'll check your links - thanks a lot for taking the time!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
One more comment - there has been a few threads lately asking how good the information is on the DR1 board.

Let me give me answer now - this is a case in point - a thread about Goats, real goats, and I get answers within seconds.

The DR1 is great!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Monte Cristi area is a DR goat area.
According to Coral Marien Helmut that I have on msn messenger right now.

Jan 5, 2006
You can find plenty of goats in the campo areas that lie between Santiago and La Vega. They are mostly used for their meat, and usually the stands that have them for sale will put them out on the side of the road the day before they are to be slaughtered, to show potential clients that they will be selling fresh meat.

The #1 and most well known goat area on the whole island is Azua, which is on the south coast. The saying in DR is that goats from Azua are preseasoned, because they mostly graze on wild oregano.:classic:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
BALLs!:p Everyone "knows" that La Linea Noroeste is THE place for goats.

RE: Your question Chris: Go over to ISA here in Santiago. They have a goat program there. Yes, and for milk, too. A friend of ours --the guy that made your boxes, remember?--he raises goats, too.

HB :D:D:D

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I can find plenty of goats just 5 minutes away from where I am. If I wanted to eat them. I don't - I want to milk them. Milk Goats! :classic:

Hipocrito Mejia said:
You can find plenty of goats in the campo areas that lie between Santiago and La Vega. They are mostly used for their meat, and usually the stands that have them for sale will put them out on the side of the road the day before they are to be slaughtered, to show potential clients that they will be selling fresh meat.

The #1 and most well known goat area on the whole island is Azua, which is on the south coast. The saying in DR is that goats from Azua are preseasoned, because they mostly graze on wild oregano.:classic:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hillbilly said:
BALLs!:p Everyone "knows" that La Linea Noroeste is THE place for goats.

RE: Your question Chris: Go over to ISA here in Santiago. They have a goat program there. Yes, and for milk, too. A friend of ours --the guy that made your boxes, remember?--he raises goats, too.

HB :D:D:D

Yeah, the box man raises goats! Small world! Next week in Santiago... :classic:

Jan 5, 2006
This may be a dumb question, but doesn't every female goat produce milk during and after pregnancy? That's why I figured that anyone selling goats would have goats that fit your needs.

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Anyone know of some high quality Boar goat breeders in the DR?

I have about 25 female goats, where about 1/2 are somewhat criollo and 1/2 are somewhat criollo/boer crosses.

I'm looking to improve the race with a heavy-duty meaty chivo... a Boer padrote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk