By Marie Mawad - Nov 27, 2013 9:19 AM GMT+0700
Facebook Share
Tweet
LinkedIn
Google +1
COMMENTS
Print
QUEUE
Orange SA (ORA), France’s biggest phone company, agreed to sell its Dominican Republic unit to Altice, a cable and telecommunications investor, for $1.4 billion.
2m77wo5.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Orange to Sell Dominican Unit to Altice for $1.4 Billion
By Marie Mawad - Nov 27, 2013 9:19 AM GMT+0700
OrangeSA (ORA), France’s biggest phone company, agreed to sell its Dominican Republic unit to Altice, a cable and telecommunications investor, for $1.4 billion.

I am not sure why this such a good thing, look at the quality of Claro after it Verizon sold out their Dominican interests. Here is an actual news link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...dominican-unit-to-altice-for-1-4-billion.html

Last edited:

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I wasn't suggesting it was was good , just that it is likely a done deal ....I Hate Claro , so no fan there

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Well I am a Claro customer so it won't affect me, I have a friend who has an Orange phone and Tricom internet... that will be interesting to see if either of her services changes for the better or worse.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I don't think it will change a bit. Dominicans don't know anything about competition pricing. If anything they will increase their prices while proclaiming they have a better product and better company that isn't dominican

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
claro

Well I am a Claro customer so it won't affect me, I have a friend who has an Orange phone and Tricom internet... that will be interesting to see if either of her services changes for the better or worse.

Hopefully together with Tricom they can take market share from claro.
Claro has high prices and **** service and needs more pressure from the competitors.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Altice/Tricom are going to have to go some to be worse than Orange. I changed my address nearly 10 years ago, despite goodness knows how many emails, telephone calls, personal visits to their office they still haven changed it.
We want to change my wife's type of contract, they insist on a round trip of 80 km to do it.
We live in las Terrenas but they insist on blocking up my phone with stupid offers of two cinema tickets for the price of one in SD and other useless messages. I'll be glad to see the back of them.