Golf Discounts Punta Cana?

acerplacer

Oct 2, 2022
USA
Anyone have any great discount greens fee options for Casa de Campo or Punta Cana golf courses? Going to be there for New Years.

Thanks so much!

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
You have to be a member of FEDOGOLF to get discounts. Membership is possible to Dominicans and legal residents, not tourists. I think all the championship golf courses in the DR except the Santo Domingo Country Club are in their memberships.

I'm not sure if the new Vista golf course, the only one in the DR designed by Greg Norman, is part of FEDOGOLF or they will be in the not too distsnt future. This golf course is north of SD by the Circunvalación highway.

All the courses in Casa de Campo (included Teeth of the Dog) and Punta Cana (including Punta Espada in Cap Cana) I think are in the FEDOGOLF membership too.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
You have to be a member of FEDOGOLF to get discounts. Membership is possible to Dominicans and legal residents, not tourists.
Things may have changed - but last winter I spoke to Fedogolf and also to Hard Rock Golf in Bavaro, for a friend who is not a resident and was contemplating renewing his Fedogolf membership in light of the new issues of Residency. ( Prior to last winter, residency was never an issue. )

First off - Fedogolf told me that it was up to the golf courses to enforce the residency thing. Furthermore they said it was the golf courses who had insisted on the residency requirement, not Fedogolf. Fedogolf said it was not their concern (or their initiative) and that they would sell or renew ANYONE'S Fedogolf membership. And that's a direct quote.

I then spoke to Hard Rock Golf - who told me that they had LOTS of non-resident snowbirds who were Fedogolf members playing their course, at the discounted Fedogolf rate. They had no intention of asking for proof of residency. They scoffed at the Fedogolf statement that this was all the golf courses issue and initiative.

So take that for what it's worth. Are all the other courses doing as Hard Rock was doing ? I'll try to talk to Hard Rock Golf again to see if that is their policy again this winter.

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Things may have changed - but last winter I spoke to Fedogolf and also to Hard Rock Golf in Bavaro, for a friend who is not a resident and was contemplating renewing his Fedogolf membership in light of the new issues of Residency. ( Prior to last winter, residency was never an issue. )

First off - Fedogolf told me that it was up to the golf courses to enforce the residency thing. Furthermore they said it was the golf courses who had insisted on the residency requirement, not Fedogolf. Fedogolf said it was not their concern (or their initiative) and that they would sell or renew ANYONE'S Fedogolf membership. And that's a direct quote.

I then spoke to Hard Rock Golf - who told me that they had LOTS of non-resident snowbirds who were Fedogolf members playing their course, at the discounted Fedogolf rate. They had no intention of asking for proof of residency. They scoffed at the Fedogolf statement that this was all the golf courses issue and initiative.

So take that for what it's worth. Are all the other courses doing as Hard Rock was doing ? I'll try to talk to Hard Rock Golf again to see if that is their policy again this winter.

From what I understand from your post, that was last winter, correct?

If so, that would be before you created the following thread:

DB24A708-60DF-4C00-ACBF-55D3205946A1.jpeg

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
My point was, and still is : Fedogolf will take your money regardless of residency. And some clubs may, or may not, ask for proof of residency.
And this I know to be true.

So BUYER BEWARE

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Well I lived here for 2 years in the past. Probably not too worried. How much is a membership with Fedogolf?
My last renewal was $4500 rd. I think the initial may be 500 or 1000 more . To encourage you to renew - you get a better price, I believe.

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Well I lived here for 2 years in the past. Probably not too worried. How much is a membership with Fedogolf?
Recent post in the other thread created by Astucia.

D8FEA7DC-D8D7-4037-874F-98A91B2238D9.jpeg