Good Experience With Temporary Residency Renewal

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i was asked passport copy, my original residencia card and a copy and police report when I went to immigration office to pay for my residency card.
when i returned 2 weeks later to pick up my card, I was asked to give another copy of my passport and copy of residency card.
then when i went to pick up my cedula, they asked for a copy of my passport.
so to avoid surprises, just make 3 copies of each to avoid headaches.
AZB

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
i was asked passport copy, my original residencia card and a copy and police report when I went to immigration office to pay for my residency card.
when i returned 2 weeks later to pick up my card, I was asked to give another copy of my passport and copy of residency card.
then when i went to pick up my cedula, they asked for a copy of my passport.
so to avoid surprises, just make 3 copies of each to avoid headaches.
AZB
You renewed a permanent residency, no? The OT of this thread is temporary residency renewal. The requirements and procedure for the two are different. You're making things confusing by posting in this thread.

Permanent residents should start their own thread for renewals.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i guess it will break your piggy bank if you make more than 1 copy of every document.
I have mentioned clearly it's for permanent residency so people should put on their reading glasses if it's so difficult to distinguish one from the other. both residencies have similar procedures and we have to go to same places, so what harm does it bring to merge both residencies together? I see no big deal.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
i guess it will break your piggy bank if you make more than 1 copy of every document.
I have mentioned clearly it's for permanent residency so people should put on their reading glasses if it's so difficult to distinguish one from the other. both residencies have similar procedures and we have to go to same places, so what harm does it bring to merge both residencies together? I see no big deal.
Both residencies don't have similar procedures. For example, temporary residency you get your cedula the same day and no copy of passport has ever been required.

The OP opened a thread for temporary residency renewal. What's so hard for you to open one for permanent instead of hijacking this thread. I see no big deal. Very easy.

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Both residencies don't have similar procedures. For example, temporary residency you get your cedula the same day and no copy of passport has ever been required.

The OP opened a thread for temporary residency renewal. What's so hard for you to open one for permanent instead of hijacking this thread. I see no big deal. Very easy.
Permanent you get your cedula the same day too. Just went through it. As did a number of people I have helped with it. However - I agree with your post!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
both procedures are very similar and we both have to visit the same places. I could have gotten my cedula the same day as well, but i had decided to go the next day. This is why i don't think we need 2 different threads. one thread can kill 2 birds.
by the way, do not go early in the morning to get cedula, you will wait in a long line. go there around 3p

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
During my residency days.... I always did it in one day

In the old days.... it was just one trip to SD - pre medical checks

The double dip process helped kick me across the decision line to citizenship
Too many changes since 2008 when I started

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Once you have residence card you go to Junta Central for foreigners no appointments. There they take your picture and finger prints,you check that all data is correct (Birth date, occupation, address, civil status) then you pay. It was 4000 pesos for 4 years permanent residence (cash or credit card). I always bring cash in case credit card system down.........always have plane B in the DR and you will be a happy resident. Usually in and out about 1/2 hour.

Let us know if anything has change.

Xtraveller
It the JCE location for renewal of cedulas for foreigners still at Av Luperon near the Plaza La Bandera?

Regards,

PJT

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I was nervous about mine, bc the expiry is 6/14/21. However, my lawyer called to say that she has the papers in Dominican Migracion. I checked, and there they are. Now just waiting date for physical. 8 months without weed. I actually don't miss it.