Good news for foreign retirees in DR: You are entitled to be vaccinated here

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hoping some DR1 members from Santiago can report where you can get vaccinations and if AztraSeneca is the brand being given

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Chinese are responsible for this virus and anyone who is dumb enough to trust them going forward is a fool. Why the Dominican Government has decided to guinea pig with these people's lives is the question all of you should be asking. Let me guess, you and your family aren't going to take the one made in China but you're ok with it being given to hundreds of thousands of Dominicans?

You had the same attitude when it came to the curfew because ALL of your income comes in from abroad so to hell with the Dominicans who are suffereing.
Am I right or am I right?
Sorry - went out for a while

I find your logic a bit hard to accept

Other side of the coin
IF, IF, the Chinese invented it
Surely they can vaccinate for for it, better than others......inside knowledge

That logic, I can follow

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The report that the procedure can take up to three hours from the time you enter the center caught my eye. I wonder how much of that is wait time to get your vaccination and mandated wait to see if you have a reaction. It doesn't 3 hours to stick a needle in your arm and press the plunger.
This is the time to queue, then register and fill out forms, and then get vaccinated. I am told that the help staff is giving priority in the line to seniors.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Has anybody been yet ?

Are they vaccinating only the 1st tier thingy ? Or anybody and everybody ?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Dominicans are turning out in large numbers to get the Chinese vaccine. Even those who have access to lots of information on the vaccines, and the wealthy. The most common attitude here is that "me pondré la que me toque" (I will get the one that is available when it is my turn).

For years we and our children have been vaccinated here and we never asked where the vaccine was from!

The government has announced appointments will be possible by phone and on an app. Check with VacunateRD.gob.do to see when this service is available.

Reactions: bob saunders

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Has anybody been yet ?

Are they vaccinating only the 1st tier thingy ? Or anybody and everybody ?
Not everyone. Older people was all I saw there. They check your age. Not sure if it is 65 or 70 and up though.

Reactions: malko

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
7 sites in Pto Plata province

FELIPE CENTRO SANITARIO FRANCISCO GONZÁLEZ HARDY 3
429 SAN FELIPE DPS PUERTO PLATA 3
430 SAN FELIPE PARQUE JUAN GARCÍA, SECTOR GREGORIO LUPERÓN, SAN FELIPE DE PUERTO
PLATA 3
431 PADRE DE LAS CASAS PLAY DEL SECTOR PADRE LAS CASAS 3
432 GUANANICO HOSPITAL MUNICIPAL DE GUANANICO 3
433 SAN FELIPE CPN SAN MARCOS 3
434 VILLA ISABELLA HOSPITAL MUNICIPAL DE VILLA ISABELA

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not everyone. Older people was all I saw there. They check your age. Not sure if it is 65 or 70 and up though.

I might go for a hike down to Guananico and see what the deal is.

I am in the last of last tiers, and I still haven't made my mind up on whether I want to get vaccinated or not, but I guess it can't hurt to go for information.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Other side of the coin

That logic, I can follow
Here's some logic you should try really hard to follow.
The Chinese are notorious for promising people one
thing and delivering to them something else.

They gave us this virus with no admission of guilt or apology
for the millions dead or for damage they caused to the global economy
and now you are ok with them selling this government a vaccine
because you think they have "inside knowledge"?

Oh yes, they definitely have inside knowledge, there's no doubt
about that. They also have a history of doing some rather
disgusting things to people with no remorse and no regrets.

I plan on standing in line waiting for my turn to get poked for a few
more years... butchall go on ahead, I'll catch up witcha later.
#RedNeckLivesMatter

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
If a person was American, I wonder if that person could go to Puerto Rico or thye US virgin Islands........

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
Ok, so no updates for those on the North Coast who fall into every category for legitimate vaccinations. Any specific places in the next week?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I tried y'day afternoon in Cabrera but it was very busy - all afternoon
Will try Abreu, RSJ and Payita

The Chinese vaccine is the one in Cabrera - main hospital

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If a person was American, I wonder if that person could go to Puerto Rico or thye US virgin Islands........
Allocation of the vaccine is key. I would think that would be minimal for the two locations you cite. Local pop. first by category, then.....probably nothing left. (?)

Russell

Jun 17, 2017

Other side of the coin

That logic, I can follow
William the Chinese. Did not invent the vaccine. It was a Joint Venture between National Research Council of Canada in an approved laboratory in Nova Scotia. The necessary raw materials came from China. Diplomatic Relations between Canada and China became a new low. Then the Chinese withdrew from the JVC and began to produce the vaccine in China.
So Canada is out millions of dollars and trials were not completed in China nor Canada under the agreement.
So "Invented in Canada, made in China".
Much on Canadian news about this ..no actual links. However our past relationship with the Instant HIV test using the same lab. Confirms the above comments.
Found in "Russell'sBelieve it or not".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
William the Chinese. Did not invent the vaccine. It was a Joint Venture between National Research Council of Canada in an approved laboratory in Nova Scotia. The necessary raw materials came from China. Diplomatic Relations between Canada and China became a new low. Then the Chinese withdrew from the JVC and began to produce the vaccine in China.
So Canada is out millions of dollars and trials were not completed in China nor Canada under the agreement.
So "Invented in Canada, made in China".
Much on Canadian news about this ..no actual links. However our past relationship with the Instant HIV test using the same lab. Confirms the above comments.
Found in "Russell'sBelieve it or not".
After spending millions of dollars creating the vaccine, the Canadians decided not to produce any in their own country, eh?

Reactions: bob saunders