Good news for foreign retirees in DR: You are entitled to be vaccinated here

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
After spending millions of dollars creating the vaccine, the Canadians decided not to produce any in their own country, eh?
Had no choice no more essential raw materials coming from China.
Not the first rodeo...ans yez i am pissed that my very hard earned tax dollars went up in Won Ton Soup.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Canadian China relation are strained due to Canada holding a Chinese Business person on extradition order from USA , in retaliation China charged two Canadians with espionage and threw them into Prison, then withdrew from the Cv19 vaccine program once it was finally formulated.
So the whole issue deserves more than a Ho hum!
The irony is that Canadians can get the Sino vaccine here in DR..
Mine is at 11:00 hrs today.
Sometimes we cannot see the firest through the trees.

Reactions: beachcomber

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a new platform for appts.......too many people cramming the injection sites

There were literally buses from the countryside at Cabrera this morning at the hospital

I passed

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I received the Sinovac vaccine yesterday in Santiago.....it took 2 hours in total to do so. You merrely complete a form with your name and address and a next of kin.....provide a cedula and you receive a certificate with the date of your 2nd shot which will be 29/03/2021 in my case

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
7 sites in Pto Plata province

FELIPE CENTRO SANITARIO FRANCISCO GONZÁLEZ HARDY 3
429 SAN FELIPE DPS PUERTO PLATA 3
430 SAN FELIPE PARQUE JUAN GARCÍA, SECTOR GREGORIO LUPERÓN, SAN FELIPE DE PUERTO
PLATA 3
431 PADRE DE LAS CASAS PLAY DEL SECTOR PADRE LAS CASAS 3
432 GUANANICO HOSPITAL MUNICIPAL DE GUANANICO 3
433 SAN FELIPE CPN SAN MARCOS 3
434 VILLA ISABELLA HOSPITAL MUNICIPAL DE VILLA ISABELA
I don't know any of them. Which is the easiest to find in Puerto Plata

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I tried y'day afternoon in Cabrera but it was very busy - all afternoon
Will try Abreu, RSJ and Payita

The Chinese vaccine is the one in Cabrera - main hospital

Still swamped this AM.....
So I went to the country Loma Alta

Done in 25-30 minutes.....they did my paperwork......10 -12 minutes sit/wait time after incl in that 25 min
Sinovac...... 30 day 2nd shot booked

Easy peasy......
Get out of town to avoid the lines

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't know any of them. Which is the easiest to find in Puerto Plata
430 SAN FELIPE PARQUE JUAN GARCÍA, SECTOR GREGORIO LUPERÓN, SAN FELIPE DE PUERTO

The above two are actually one site called Centro Sanitario
1614788722275.png
on both sides of the same building. Just behind the Cuerpo de Bomberos off the Malecon

Reactions: Ken

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
William the Chinese. Did not invent the vaccine. It was a Joint Venture between National Research Council of Canada in an approved laboratory in Nova Scotia. The necessary raw materials came from China. Diplomatic Relations between Canada and China became a new low. Then the Chinese withdrew from the JVC and began to produce the vaccine in China.
So Canada is out millions of dollars and trials were not completed in China nor Canada under the agreement.
So "Invented in Canada, made in China".
Much on Canadian news about this ..no actual links. However our past relationship with the Instant HIV test using the same lab. Confirms the above comments.
Found in "Russell'sBelieve it or not".
sounds about right.... invented somewhere else, but mada in china....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

The above two are actually one site called Centro SanitarioView attachment 4224 on both sides of the same building. Just behind the Cuerpo de Bomberos off the Malecon
I always get a motoconcho to lead me -- 50-75 pesos

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I went to local vaccine site at 10:45 this morning. Stood in line until 14:15 hrs. Was then told to go inside with a group. They were packed in like sardines . Tjen the Police got agressive and told everyone to go back outside . That caused an uproar and pushing and shoving of people and Police.
Police confnscated the recording cell pnones then it became a more unruly mob...i stepped outside and went to a restaurant for a chair and to feed the diabetes which was one hour overdue.
No vaccine for me today.
Maybe never if i have to go through such a fiasco again. Many of the agressors were not yet within the 70 to 79 age group , much younger.
Quite the zoo...hope i do not catch Covid19 again. Lol🧙‍♂️🌿😰

• Sad
Reactions: AlterEgo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When I was scouting the local hospital in Cabrera......the crowding bothered me

Going to the campo solved all that

I never went in..... Cabrera

In the hills, I sat a bit inside - distanced ans spent the rest of the time outside w/ a beer

Reactions: beachcomber

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

The above two are actually one site called Centro SanitarioView attachment 4224 on both sides of the same building. Just behind the Cuerpo de Bomberos off the Malecon
Thanks

beachcomber

Oct 15, 2003
Got mine today went in at lunch time behind the Firemen Station in and out within an hour they asked you to wait for 15 minutes to see if you have a reaction my reaction was amazement at the efficiency they refused a few Dominicans 50 years of age told them to come back when they were older or at the next stage -------they are vaccinating some Hospital workers and some military.. I realize some of the other vaccines maybe a little better but they have to be stored at much lower temperatures -70 whether this could be carried out successfully is another issue ...having lived here happily for many years you soon develop a plan B.. A is what you would like B is what is available if you cannot accept plan B you'll probably happier living somewhere else.. there is a lot on the BBC news about the Sinovac vaccine I can post a link if that's allowed ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Buffness

A rhyme at my boy's school was

Empty vessels and empty boys
are the ones that make the loudest noise