Goodbye Orange and Tricom, welcome Altice

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Well that maybe but it's owned by a Morocan Jew, Patrick Drahi, who lives in Switzerland. Truly an international mix.
But I got this off the Wikipedia: Patrick Drahi (Hebrew: פטריק דרהי‎‎; born 1963) is a Moroccan-born businessman with French, Portuguese and Israeli citizenship,[2] living in Switzerland since 1999.[3] He is the founder and controlling shareholder of the Netherlands-based telecom group Altice listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange.

They are in diferent countries and french caribbean islands, the company that took over Tricom
First is the one registred in the french caribbean, then took over Orange and for the merger of 2 comoanies they slexted Altice, so here was French company.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They are in diferent countries and french caribbean islands, the company that took over Tricom
First is the one registred in the french caribbean, then took over Orange and for the merger of 2 comoanies they slexted Altice, so here was French company.

And now I understand Altice wants to offload the Dominican Network ?

Feb 7, 2007
And now I understand Altice wants to offload the Dominican Network ?

Yes, it's their most lucrative asset as far as the EBITDA percentage on revenue is concerned, and they pretend to get 3 billion Euro for it, they paid 1.1 billion few years ago when they bought it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's Listin Diario:

Altice maintains its commitment to the country

Martin Roos, CEO of Altice Dominicana, stressed that beyond a cheaper offer in the telephone or cable services, his interest is focused on supporting the Dominican Government in the construction of the Digital Republic.

Cándida Acosta
candida.acosta@listindiario.com
Santo Domingo
The telecommunications company Altice guarantees its commitment to the development of the Dominican Republic, very specifically with the Government's strategy to promote the Digital Republic, for which it has the necessary capacity in fiber optics as well as a greater offer of megas and new services focused on the education of the population and modern applications for companies.

The Altice Group, after the merger of the providers of telecommunications services Orange and Tricom, will present to the market novel initiatives that will lower the cost of the internet, promoting its use for all applications with a high quality.

All this, thanks to the use of parables and the reunification of the network, for which a Triple Play package will be offered throughout the country, said here the CEO of Altice, Martin Roos, participating in the Breakfast of List DAILY.

During the meeting, Roos assured that the company "already has the correct satellite", to which the HD image is added with the satellite cable solution. He also indicated that the cost of installing a parabola starts at RD $ 599, without taxes.

Accompanying Roos were the senior business directors of Altice Dominicana, Eury Vásquez; Communications senior and Altice Dominicana brand, Tammy Reynoso; and Public Relations, Liza Arzeno.

The CEO of Altice emphasized that the company will continue to focus on increasing Internet speeds at home, "with more exclusive content in the cable television offer."

He indicated that the integration creates a powerful network that will allow to contribute with greater access to the Internet, even though he said that there are many parts left to respond to the demand.

The Indotel approves the unimpaired unification
In a communiqué issued yesterday afternoon, after the Daily List Breakfast, the Directing Council of the Dominican Institute of Telecommunications (Indotel) informed that it adopted Resolution No. 77-17, of reconsideration on its Resolution 056-17, which authorizes the application for merger by absorption of the concessionaire of public telecommunications services Tricom, SA in favor of Altice Hispaniola, SA (Altice)

The Indotel, although it maintained its position that it constitutes an economic concentration, modified the corrective measures that it had adopted and only asks to comply with measures of responsibility related to - Guarantee the expansion of the coverage of the mobile services with capacity of benefits broadband to provinces poorly served in the DR, by deploying infrastructure in the provinces of Bahoruco, Barahona, Dajabón, Elías Piña and Pedernales, offering mobile broadband services with speeds exceeding 10Mbps of download, for which it must present the Indotel for approval, a three-year investment plan for an amount, not less, to RD $ 625 million.

- Support the development of Dominican human capital, which contributes to technological innovation in ICT, through the contribution, for three consecutive years, of the sum of RD $ 4 million per year, to the Indotel Academic Excellence Fund / ITLA; - Install, operate and maintain 600 points of the public Wi-Fi network, for three years, to be located in the places and spaces designated by the Indotel, in accordance with the specifications of the Biennial Project Plan of the regulatory body and the connectivity axis of the Digital Republic program.

computer translated from: https://www.listindiario.com/economia/2017/12/01/493053/altice-mantiene-su-compromiso-con-el-pais

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Well that maybe but it's owned by a Morocan Jew, Patrick Drahi, who lives in Switzerland. Truly an international mix.
But I got this off the Wikipedia: Patrick Drahi (Hebrew: פטריק דרהי‎‎; born 1963) is a Moroccan-born businessman with French, Portuguese and Israeli citizenship,[2] living in Switzerland since 1999.[3] He is the founder and controlling shareholder of the Netherlands-based telecom group Altice listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange.

Probably a bit like Ikea. Nobody would call that a Dutch company , though it’s HQ is in The Netherlands. Originally Altice was Altice S.A., I suppose French, but am not sure, however half of their revenue is from France and they were or are the biggest telecom provider in France after Orange. Later they changed to Altice N.V which is the Dutch equivalent of S.A. 

Eriwil

Jan 4, 2018
Hi, is there any chance to buy an Altice Prepaid SIM at SDQ?

And what about their cobertura - couldn't find anything on their homepage?

I'd prefer them to Claro since I will be coming in from Europe with a Band 3 4G LTE phone.

Thank you!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Hi, is there any chance to buy an Altice Prepaid SIM at SDQ?

And what about their cobertura - couldn't find anything on their homepage?

I'd prefer them to Claro since I will be coming in from Europe with a Band 3 4G LTE phone.

Thank you!

for LTE Claro and VIVA has better speed and more LTE coverag than Altice (Orange)