GoodYear to set logistics hub in the DR

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
After analyzing a number of markets within the area to turn into the logistics hub for the GoodYear tire firm, the corporate recognized the Dominican nation as the best place to position its operations after interruptions within the provide chain as a result of pandemic.

José Pontaque, president of the Miralbueno Group, acknowledged that this agency, licensee of the GoodYear and Ducati manufacturers, evaluated markets akin to Panama, the Pacific and the Caribbean and Colombia.

The announcement of the choice that GoodYear made was given this Wednesday by the overall director of Customs, Eduardo Sanz Lovatón, who added that from the Dominican Republic the corporate might be advertising and marketing its merchandise to 13 Latin American and Caribbean international locations.

Lovatón assured that the entity he directs is proud to hold out this launch as a result of GoodYear is the primary multinational model that decides to take a step of this nature and absolutely belief the Dominican Republic as a Logistics Hub.

Goodyear

It is a multinational firm based in 1898, producer of tires for vehicles, heavy automobiles, racing automobiles, airplanes, agricultural equipment and heavy equipment.

In Latin America it owns and operates seven factories in 5 international locations, 4 for tires, a textile manufacturing facility, a retreading plant for automobiles and equipment, and a retreading plant for aviation tires.

Source:

Interesting 🤨 to see what impact (positive) this hub will have in the availability of all GoodYear tires in the DR market…

Your opinion or expectations???

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What happens to used tires in DR?
Is there a recycling center?
In some cases they were ground down and mixed in new asphalt binder to improve resistance to ruts and also better skid resistance in the US and elsewhere.
I know Goodyear participated in these evaluations stateside. This is something which would greatly benefit DR.
So at least their presence could add some focus on recycling tires?
I have Chinese tires on my SUV now and they are the worst performing tires I've ever owned (came with the used SUV I bought). Would love a set of Goodyear Wranglers

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'd bet this logistics center will be located in Caucedo. It would be interesting to know if they'll be renting or buying real estate.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A logistics center is one thing. A supply of actual Goodyear tires at reasonable prices for sale in the DR is another thing.

Reactions: chico bill

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chico
I import ALL-my tires…..better selection and quality e price works out to be better if you buy right
Mudanza for about $30-35/tire

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A logistics center is one thing. A supply of actual Goodyear tires at reasonable prices for sale in the DR is another thing.
Gomas de leon in Santiago. Excellent service and yes they sell Goodyear. They also sell Mastercraft tires, made in the USA. Mastercraft is a subsidiary of Cooper Tires which is owned by Goodyear.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Gomas de leon in Santiago. Excellent service and yes they sell Goodyear. They also sell Mastercraft tires, made in the USA. Mastercraft is a subsidiary of Cooper Tires which is owned by Goodyear.
Cooper Tires are great and lasted me a long time with a good ride. I had them on my old Isuzu Trooper

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, they sell the Goodyear tires made in South America. Still great tires.