Google Flights

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
Hi William, usually my first option is always the airline website, I always try Delta or Jetblue before any other one (AA is just too expensive any time of the year), but after Google I really received good results.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hi William, usually my first option is always the airline website, I always try Delta or Jetblue before any other one (AA is just too expensive any time of the year), but after Google I really received good results.

for T'giving tix..... UAL beat JetBlue by over $150 R/T... NYC to POP

and I was faithful JB flier

Dec 15th ... EWR - POP on UAL... $202, 1 way.... hard to beat that

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
They difference between the airlines' website and something like Google is that the airline websites will enforce revenue management "rules" that Google won't. As an example, you need to go from AAA to CCC, with a connection required in BBB. The airline sees this as a "journey," not as two separate flights. They sell you the journey, from AAA to CCC, even though (AAA to BBB) + (BBB to CCC) may be cheaper. The airlines are also capable of pricing (or just showing you select seat inventory) based on your previous purchases, maximizing their revenue (minimizing the thickness of your wallet). So, while the airline sites can be good, they are not always good. I always looks at both.

Feb 7, 2007
I think you cannot book with Google directly (e.g. there is no Google Travel)
They search for you and take you to airline website, cheapoair or priceline.