Got a job at PCIS (PUNTACANA International School) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
So after 3 long interviews with PCIS, I recently heard back from HR with the GREAT news that I have been selected as a 4th grade teacher! Now, I've been to Punta Cana a few times, but never have I visited the school. Can anyone who has worked/or still working there share some insight?? What's the school atmosphere like? (Of course I've done my research and heard what the principal had to say about the school... But If I could get the opinions of others that would be great!) I also get housing in PC Village, what's the Teacher/staff housing like??

Im SUPER excited about moving to DR and starting my new job!! :D

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have posters on this board that have kids at the school.

I have never heard anything bad about the school, only good stuff.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
educpic.jpg

img-top-left.jpg

DSC01972.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

Don't know as far a facilities for staff and workers at the school above, but the Heritage School at Cap Cana below provides these facilities for their staff:

DSC09852.jpg

DSC09851.jpg

DSC09850.jpg

DSC09842.jpg

Let's hope that they are as generous as the Heritage as well! :nervous:

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for the pics and info! I hope PCIS is as generous as The Heritage School w/ housing accommodations also! LoL

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
The housing at PCIS is not as generous as Cap Cana. Our housing does not have air conditioning and there are no laundry machines on site. There is a laundry place where you can have your laundry done for you, but that can get expensive. The housing is decent, but not anything special.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
wow congratulations! How'd you get/arrange those interviews? I have family living in Bavaro and I would love to get a job there and move there. I just finished my master's degree in Education and my undergrad was in English....are they still hiring?

Meghan Stepnowski

Aug 10, 2014
Can anyone elaborate on this older post, hired to work at PCIS...l

So after 3 long interviews with PCIS, I recently heard back from HR with the GREAT news that I have been selected as a 4th grade teacher! Now, I've been to Punta Cana a few times, but never have I visited the school. Can anyone who has worked/or still working there share some insight?? What's the school atmosphere like? (Of course I've done my research and heard what the principal had to say about the school... But If I could get the opinions of others that would be great!) I also get housing in PC Village, what's the Teacher/staff housing like??

Im SUPER excited about moving to DR and starting my new job!! :D

So I am considering a job at PCIS but wondering about teacher accommodations. What does the housing look like, as well as lifestyle? What can we do about transportation, shopping outside of the gated community ect. Most importantly outside of work, how far away are we from the ocean. I am an ocean lover who is hoping to have my professional career linked with what is for me the most important piece of my life. I am a yoga teacher, surfer, and paddle boarder so want to keep all these aspects of my life. Are there any current teachers who can provide pictures and or information. I would love to hear more.
This would be my second international post so I have lots of questions, wire transfer, cell phone and international accessibility, work conditions. I know I am needy but really any and all information is appreciated. I am excited but want to dig deeper before I start going bananas with excitment :)
Thanks so much,
Meghan

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
So I am considering a job at PCIS but wondering about teacher accommodations. What does the housing look like, as well as lifestyle? What can we do about transportation, shopping outside of the gated community ect. Most importantly outside of work, how far away are we from the ocean. I am an ocean lover who is hoping to have my professional career linked with what is for me the most important piece of my life. I am a yoga teacher, surfer, and paddle boarder so want to keep all these aspects of my life. Are there any current teachers who can provide pictures and or information. I would love to hear more.
This would be my second international post so I have lots of questions, wire transfer, cell phone and international accessibility, work conditions. I know I am needy but really any and all information is appreciated. I am excited but want to dig deeper before I start going bananas with excitment :)
Thanks so much,
Meghan

How about starting with their website and contacting them via e-mail with your questions? I looked at their site and it looks nice. Why would you not go there first? As far as the other questions, yes, YES and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.