Government approved first aid kit for cars

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
As nobody has answered this question that they have been checked by AMET, either in this thread or the other one, I assume nobody has and that the whole panic to buy these items was just a scam to get gringos to part with their cash!
You need to check the schedule.
Like every Tuesday is helmet law day
Alternate Wednesdays are red light and stop sign days
Thursdays are one way street days
And I believe the new first aid kit/triangle/fire ext. days are the last Tuesday of each month :)

Bob K

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It is part of the new law. Whether AMET are imposing the new law or not is another question. You can read the law 63-17 in Spanish all 125 pages of it if you google it. It also explains to you how to drive! My husband (Dominican) was driving the other day and his car broke down. AMET stopped and warned him he should have a triangle behind and asked where his first aid kit was. They let him off but told him next time he would not be so lucky and he should obey the law. Your choice - for RD$750 pesos for both is no major choice methinks.

Matilda

I don't think it's anything new. The last time they bothered with the "Revista" test, you were supposed to have these things in your car. Anyway, it's interesting to know that they at least mentioned it to your husband. Seems it is being at least partially enforced.