Government Bashing

jruggeri

Mar 24, 2002
dominicans or foreigners?

earlier in the thread someone said that only foreigners have to pay - is that not the case?

jt76

Jan 23, 2002
Everyone has to pay

Everyone has to pay, "foreigners", "indegenous" people. The problem lies in collection. Collect from those who can pay :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Uh-huh!

I know Dominicans who get a bill and pay it.
I know Dominicans who get bills and don't pay.
I know Dominicans who don't get bills.
Foreigners get higher bills & pay!!!.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
MommC I also know foreigners who get the bills and don't pay it. Back when we had the old readers I know two foreigners who had theirs fixed to cheat on the billing. They paid less than I did and I am sure they consumed at least ten times as much as I do (huge mansion and large family VS my matchbox and I living alone). That really p**d me off. :mad:

One is an European, another an American. They are still cheating. What does that prove? Some humans given the chance will not be honest.

jruggeri

Mar 24, 2002
NGOs

i'm still trying to understand this - aren't local and international NGOs available and called on to change this?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
GEEZ PIB!!

You mean my problem is I'm too danged honest.......??
Is that why I have such high bills because I don't "cheat".....
While I realize a lot of Dominicans do it I wouldn't dream of "stealing" power or water.
Darn!!!!

As I leave to go pay AES & INAPA and Codetel!!!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Well MommC I don't think being "too danged honest" is a problem. I also pay my bills, all of them. And most people I know do too. I just wanted to point out that not "only a lot of Dominicans" cheat on their bill. Generalizing = not true = not good.

But look at it in the bright side... because there is a bright side, right? There must be a bright side... there'd better be a f*** bright side! :mad:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
you asked for it PIB

The bright side is it's sunny,it's warm, the beach is great, the fish & lobster even better and I'm going to be freezing my butt off in two weeks wondering what the heck I'm doing back in Canada while it's still so friggin' COLD!!!!

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The US$20,000 system

The actual hole with the pipe will cost between US$1,500 and $3,000. The rest is for the storage tank (10,000-20,000 gallons),the solar panesl,the pump and the distribution system. This systems will generally provide water to 100 families (maybe 500 people). USAID paid for the systems and the idea was people pay a small monthly fee and a mantainence program is set up with these funds. I can't really say how successful they have been. Most have been installed near Sosua, in the Northwest (Adesol) and in the South near Barahona (Fundasur). I think Tecsol also installed a few systems.