Government will insist that all are vaccinated

Eugene_A

Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I found this article yesterday. It's about Chile, but they used the same Chinese vaccine and now what? Lockdowns are back.

Maybe this Chinese vaccine doesn't work? Well, maybe it works in their clinical trials in China, but not in Latin America?

59% of population got 2 doses, 76% of population got at least one dose, and their capital city now under total lockdown again with 95% of ICUs occupied. I feel it can be the same scenario here in DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Chile is leading in vaccination numbers (by the way using the Sinovac as here in DR), right now they have mandated the closure of the country because of the rising numbers of COVID.

Meanwhile stupid brains here wants to make it mandatory to get the same shots, what gives?

Can anyone spot the craziness?
It does make one wonder.

CristoRey

#TheGoodLife
Apr 1, 2014
More vaccination pressure in the NY Times:

Vaccinate the world​

Roughly 20 percent of the world’s people have received at least one shot of a Covid-19 vaccine. The speed with which the remaining 80 percent are vaccinated will mean the difference between life and death for a staggering number of people — probably in the millions.​
Will one of you who've been vaccinated please provide us with a detailed list of all the ingredients
this shot contains? Thanks in advance.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I found this article yesterday. It's about Chile, but they used the same Chinese vaccine and now what? Lockdowns are back.

Maybe this Chinese vaccine doesn't work? Well, maybe it works in their clinical trials in China, but not in Latin America?

59% of population got 2 doses, 76% of population got at least one dose, and their capital city now under total lockdown again with 95% of ICUs occupied. I feel it can be the same scenario here in DR.
It's now been proven that this CHINA VIRUS came out of a Wuhan lab that was studying live bats INSIDE the lab.

China lied to the world, but we're supposed to trust their Sinovac jabs??
In what twisted world does that make sense? The Chile case is proof enough that the China vax is not to be trusted.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
If that's the case, England is proof that the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and J&J vaccines cannot be trusted either.

Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If that's the case, England is proof that the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and J&J vaccines cannot be trusted either.
For a very contagious virus using a vaccine with a lower efficacy means more of the population must be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.
Chile is using Sinovac which has a lower efficacy than the others, very low efficacy after 1 injection, and nowhere near enough of the population is fully vaccinated despite all the misleading statements by posters above to the contrary. Chile (and other countries using Sinovac) probably needs 80% of the population to be full vaccinated with two doses to get passed the pandemic stage.

What is in Sinovac, here ya go:

【COMPOSITION】 Active ingredient: Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 Virus (CZ02train) Adjuvant: Aluminum hydroxide Excipients: disodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydte, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, sodium chloride

We have learned that even warp speed vaccine rollouts are slow in controlling a contagious disease. As I said a long time ago, CV19 (and now its variants) are here, there and everywhere to stay.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's now been proven that this CHINA VIRUS came out of a Wuhan lab that was studying live bats INSIDE the lab.

China lied to the world, but we're supposed to trust their Sinovac jabs??
In what twisted world does that make sense? The Chile case is proof enough that the China vax is not to be trusted.
'No more quarantines. Seven out of every ten newly infected have not been vaccinated and there are almost 3 million Chileans lagging behind. Help for mental health and support for SMEs is urgent, 'right-wing deputy Tomás Fuentes (National Renovation) tweeted.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
With these new variants popping up, there never will be herd immunity. That's why people get the flu year after year.
Not true. They get a flu shot Ibecause each and every year you are protecting yourself against a NEW strain of the flu. Yes, NEW. I get the every year and NEVER have gotton the "the flu".

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Not true. They get a flu shot Ibecause each and every year you are protecting yourself against a NEW strain of the flu. Yes, NEW. I get the every year and NEVER have gotton the "the flu".
That's my point exactly. New variants popping up.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And the percentage of success of the Flu shot is 45 at it best.

Why even bother.
If a baseball player bats .333 they make it to the Hall of Fame. If a flu shot is at .450 it is considered good because they can never predict which exact strain of flu is out there, like not knowing what pitch in baseball is coming next unless you play for Houston.

For CV19 the original hope was to get a vaccine that was ,500 effective (50%) so that at half the deaths and major sickness could be prevented. Is that worth the bother?

With no herd immunity, governments will have anti-CV19 restrictions "forever" and that is a very long time. So for that alone, maybe it is worth the bother, at least for CV19. I have never gotten a flu shot.

CristoRey

#TheGoodLife
Apr 1, 2014
If a baseball player bats .333 they make it to the Hall of Fame. If a flu shot is at .450 it is considered good because they can never predict which exact strain of flu is out there, like not knowing what pitch in baseball is coming next unless you play for Houston.

For CV19 the original hope was to get a vaccine that was ,500 effective (50%) so that at half the deaths and major sickness could be prevented. Is that worth the bother?

With no herd immunity, governments will have anti-CV19 restrictions "forever" and that is a very long time. So for that alone, maybe it is worth the bother, at least for CV19. I have never gotten a flu shot.
Have a younger brother living in Atlantic Beach, FL.
He is the only one in the family who gets a flu shot
every year. He is also the only one in the family who
catches the flu every year. This past February he
had it so bad it required treatment at the hospital.
He doesn't eat properly, doesn't exercise, doesn't take
vitamins and doesn't live a healthy lifestyle.

People seem to think a vaccine is our Saviour from all
things Covid and that their unhealthy lifestyle choices
with low immune systems have nothing to do with how
easily a person gets sick or how bad the impact may be
as a result of catching a virus like Covid.

This vaccine (should it actually do what it's meant to do)
is more like putting a band aid on a bullet wound and it
doesn't not nor will it at any point in the future address
the underlying problems.

Walk one block on a crowded street anywhere in this
country and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

Do old folks get a pass? Of course they do because
(we know) it's common knowledge around the world
they are more susceptible to bacteria, viruses and diseases.
Covid should be a wake-up call for every single person in this
country who is overweight, obese or living an unhealthy lifestyle.

My apologies for the somewhat off-topic rant but it needs to
be said.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CristoRey, and do not forget one very important contributor to being susceptible to different maladies. Genetics.

Another is exposure to various pathogens during your lifetime. Think Columbus and the Tainos for that example.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I care about what I put into my body.
Do you care about what you put in yours?
Yep. That's why I had a internist examine me and my medical history and then flew many many miles to get Moderna.I tried to get the best odds I could for the money. Hope it pays off in the future as that was the best i could do without having a medical degree.

Reactions: CristoRey