Government will insist that all are vaccinated

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That was yesterday,
Today the markets are up again, the DOW + 1.76% at the moment.
You can expect the markets to remain choppy in the near future, some steps ahead some back.

It seems obvious to you how covid is affecting all of us in many ways, and will continue to do so for a while.

Your idea to forget about covid and open everything up without control, vaccinations or restrictions will only introduce more uncertainty and losses.
Global heard immunity is a long way off.
The suffering in developing countries and India with millions dead is obvious and will effect the whole world economy.
The question is, will countries allow air arrivals from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Brazil to name just a few?
Covid has increased shipping and production costs including food, all of which is passed on to consumers.
Consider buying stocks in companies that can pass those increases on to consumers.:)
Just kidding, I know you are gainfully retired in Paradise.
Yep, da market go down, da market go up. For various reasons or no reason at all.

My point is this about curfews in the DR: Unless the DR is actually going to force people to be vaccinated there is NO WAY numbers will hit the magical 70% fully vaccinated numbers that the DR government says it will require for a Province to cancel the curfews. Unless they make those numbers like like what is happening in Altagracia to open up Punta Cana completely and help tourism there. So, they might as well just open up every province since there is little reason now for anyone to get vaccinated who already has not done it.

Global immunity seems to be an impossibility as you point out with India, Pakistan, etc... So, CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay, and what will the DR do if few more want vaccinations and Provinces never (really) hit 70%? Keep the curfew forever and ever and that is a very long time? Make up fake numbers and reopen? I await their decisions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So much for the theories that things will get cheaper after lockdowns and super travel bargains whether hotels or flights.

I did however get a great A.I. at RIU Republica Punta Cana hotel only - for two one week, for August 5 USD 1081 taxes included.
The Royalton Bavaro Resort and Spa is up in price.
Pent up demand with supply and demand issues at this time. Few pilots, not enough cars, timeshares fully booked for months, are causing the price increases (or lack of decreases) . The DR should do well in Punta Cana at the AI's if the flights are available.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
People buying cars to avoid mass transit.... chip shortage reducing production

Used car (US) prices are up over 40%..... equal to new car prices in many cases

DR already feeling it - 500k tourists in July... no Canada/Europe yet

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

Do you have any point? ???

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Do you have any point? ???
I get the point. People want to "get out" and the DR will benefit. Primarily the AI Resorts in Punta Cana.
Tourism numbers are going up in the DR while Canadians and Europeans are not yet released from CV19 prisons yet.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I get the point. People want to "get out" and the DR will benefit. Primarily the AI Resorts in Punta Cana.
Tourism numbers are going up in the DR while Canadians and Europeans are not yet released from CV19 prisons yet.
And tell us how to get out of said prisons?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And tell us how to get out of said prisons?
Only time will tell. We have reached a point where those in developed nations, and the DR as well, who want vaccinations already have them.

So, do we force people to be vaccinated> After all the DR "Government will insist that all are vaccinated". That was said, but NOT DONE!
At least not yet.

Your guess is as good as mine on how this goes. My guess is that everywhere in the DR will be open soon. I could be wrong.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Only time will tell. We have reached a point where those in developed nations, and the DR as well, who want vaccinations already have them.

So, do we force people to be vaccinated> After all the DR "Government will insist that all are vaccinated". That was said, but NOT DONE!
At least not yet.

Your guess is as good as mine on how this goes. My guess is that everywhere in the DR will be open soon. I could be wrong.
That was not a very good response other then you are guessing. So a good response?
Watching all countries caving to ghe the Delta..........BIG TIME!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That was not a very good response other then you are guessing. So a good response?
My response was as it is. I have no idea what governments will do. The DR government has said something and not done it. What a shocker.

I am dreadfully sorry that I cannot always accurately predict the future to your liking. Maybe countries will cave to Delta India Bravo or
maybe they will just stay open if they already are. Time will tell.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The govt. is continuing to do a full-court press on all of their websites on all social media platforms. We're talking 15-20 posts every day with facts and figures as well as eye-catching posts featuring popular public figures.

I know it may not seem much, but I'm still surprised at how much they're posting.

Yes Alfredo

Banned
Jun 26, 2021
Yes
To show your superior intelligence and that of your anti vaccination friends,
Why don't you guys organize a global protest against covid19.
Surely the virus will get scared and disappear.

Meanwhile I will be watching what will happen from now to next Summer in the world with covid infections.
Enjoy the Olympics, hope your team wins.
You're beginning to understand.
Abinader and his government want Dominicans to get vaccinated, to protect Dominicans and their communities.
If they had balls, they would only allow twice vaccinated tourists to enter the DR.

Talk to your high level US contacts (or were they Estonians?) to issue visas to twice vaccinated Dominicans,
Because even you know, that gob.do can't issue them.
Let us know how it goes.

I'm watching Japan grow some balls and if the hinting in adequate foreshadowing the Summer Olympics are about to be cancelled. Possibly setting the stage for the Olympics to be shelved indefinitely. Let's hope!

Yes Alfredo

Banned
Jun 26, 2021
Yes

I sold my 8 year old car, granted in excellent shape, for double what I would have expected 6 months ago. Then knocked about 10K off the "asking price" for a newer version of same model with higher trim level. They're practically giving them away if you're looking lol

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

Yes Alfredo

Banned
Jun 26, 2021
Yes

At least not yet.

My response was as it is. I have no idea what governments will do. The DR government has said something and not done it. What a shocker.

I am dreadfully sorry that I cannot always accurately predict the future to your liking. Maybe countries will cave to Delta India Bravo or
maybe they will just stay open if they already are. Time will tell.

It's hilarious to see that you're all reduced to discussing that you're just guessing and haven't a clue. Why not just quit posting baseless guesses and take a rest. We'd ALL appreciate it ;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's hilarious to see that you're all reduced to discussing that you're just guessing and haven't a clue. Why not just quit posting baseless guesses and take a rest. We'd ALL appreciate it ;)
Thanks, but I will do as I please. You do the same. By the way, I don't care what you do or say.

You think Japan will cancel the Olympics and you hope indefinitely. That is how you are.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I'm watching Japan grow some balls and if the hinting in adequate foreshadowing the Summer Olympics are about to be cancelled. Possibly setting the stage for the Olympics to be shelved indefinitely. Let's hope!
Hosting under the circumstances was a poor decision, unpopular in the host country.
The old men of the IOC and FIFA do like the $$$, athletes are just a sideline.

Meanwhile the DR is trying to balance revenues, jobs and covid.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Abinader and his government now will have to balance the spread of covid in the DR, with the need of tourism revenues and jobs.
No easy solution for him, other than encouraging Dominicans to get vaccinated.

The influx of US tourists should be of concern to the DR. ..........................

If he is smart, he will be sure to enlist partnerships with the private sector. They are all in it together after all.
The government needn't always be the bad guy.
The best way to the finish line is with everybody pulling their weight.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Thanks, but I will do as I please. You do the same. By the way, I don't care what you do or say.

You think Japan will cancel the Olympics and you hope indefinitely. That is how you are.

U noticed that as well..
This Recycled Sock Puppet just does not know when to stop..
He hopes the Olympics are cancelled permanently.
What kind of person even thinks like this ?

oh wait I know .. a Bipolar Bear .

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Everyone is guessing, governments, medical personnel, etc... Because the situation changes almost daily. What was good today may not be the answer for tomorrow.

Yes Alfredo

Banned
Jun 26, 2021
Yes

Of course you will. No need to take it personally, you're but one of too many. I don't say this to bash or insult you but IMO you're over the top and it's very tiresome.

I care about what is said when it's dangerous bullsh!t and while you're not the only one, you're definitely in the group with "opinions" about everything and a need to push your opinions on everyone....over and over and over and over.

So having the Olympics under these circumstances makes sense to you? The lives of so many that will be affected, infected and dead, needlessly, for merely money means nothing to you? That's how you are ;)

Reactions: Gadfly