Government will insist that all are vaccinated

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You several times posted your opinion to open everything up in the DR and globally.
Of course the tourism $ in the DR are mostly made in Punta Cana, that's where is focus is for most impact.
I have stated many times that Job 1 is getting tourism back in Punta Cana. Many times.

And yes, my opinion is this about reopening completely. My opinion is based upon this: Everyone that wants a vaccine in the DR has had the time and opportunity to get one. Those who don't want vaccines will have to potentially live either without any issues ever, some will get sick to some level, or 5 or so out of 1,000 that contract it will die from CV19. They have made their decisions based upon taking what ever real risks they are at from not being vaccinated. Hence, it is time to open up. Yes, it is my opinion that the rest of the world needs to carry on.

The DR government will soon be opening up Provinces based upon 70% vaccination numbers within a given province. Those numbers, in my opinion, will in reality NEVER be reached in any provinces, but already one is opening up. Looks like the US has gone along with and the DR will go along with my opinion and soon.

Don't ya think? Of course there will be people what will be told "I am sorry it is too late" to be vaccinated just like that heart wrenching story in the US. They have had plenty of time.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

'I'm sorry, but it's too late' - unvaccinated patients beg for shot; here comes the lambda variant: COVID news​

My Fraternity Brothers and I are holding out for the TRI LAMBDA Variant

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I have stated many times that Job 1 is getting tourism back in Punta Cana. Many times.

And yes, my opinion is this about reopening completely. My opinion is based upon this: Everyone that wants a vaccine in the DR has had the time and opportunity to get one. Those who don't want vaccines will have to potentially live either without any issues ever, some will get sick to some level, or 5 or so out of 1,000 that contract it will die from CV19. They have made their decisions based upon taking what ever real risks they are at from not being vaccinated. Hence, it is time to open up. Yes, it is my opinion that the rest of the world needs to carry on.

The DR government will soon be opening up Provinces based upon 70% vaccination numbers within a given province. Those numbers, in my opinion, will in reality NEVER be reached in any provinces, but already one is opening up. Looks like the US has gone along with and the DR will go along with my opinion and soon.

Don't ya think? Of course there will be people what will be told "I am sorry it is too late" to be vaccinated just like that heart wrenching story in the US. They have had plenty of time.

You speak some truths.
The sad part is that the unvaccinated help in the spread and mutations of the virus.

It is my opinion that that the world will not open up in the short term.
I'm waiting to see what happens with covid from now till next summer.
No regular EU or Can flight volume to the DR so far.
Puerto Plata is not being serviced so far, only by US airlines.

By next year March we all will have two years of our lives to covid 19.
Normalcy will not return by then.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That extra jab? I saw minister from Chile on TV yesterday. They are probably going to go with a third vaccine of one type or another.
He mentioned that mixing and matching seems to work better, but it is true there are not any clinical studies to confirm or deny such things.

When this all started I was thinking 4 to 5 years to return to normalcy. I see now that most governments aren't going to wait that long, including the DR.
Money trumps waiting, at least in Altagracia province and soon many more provinces.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A virus doesn't wait. It spreads. Govts and populations must do all they can to curb the spread of a virus to prevent future mutations or they end up giving the virus control of those future events. Since some people can't or won't wear a mask or stay away from others the vaccines such as they are remain the only tool in the arsenal. If you won't mask up, maintain physical distance, stop gathering in groups and you won't get vaccinated you shouldn't expect anything other than more spread, illness and subsequent mutations.

The daily actions of those who cry for less restrictions seems counter intuitive to their desire to "get back to normal life". Stopping the spread of a virus requires a proactive effort and cannot be achieved by passive patience alone. Wishing it wasn't so will not tame Covid where as preventing its spread and its evolution into new variations are the only options. Deny the virus a host to reproduce in and it will die off and go away. Natural immunity from one variant is not necessarily protection from the next mutation.

A more effective vaccine is certainly possible in the future but there will still be those who will not get a shot. Like an addict and their drug of choice, if one cannot accept that they are powerless over their addiction or in this case a virus without wresting control from said virus, nothing will change.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR government has listened to the cry for less restrictions. Particularly in Altagracia. It is all about $$$$.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Just an example of those who want vaccines have one and those that don't get sick.

The world is moving on despite them.
Life is tough in the big city.
People are tired of it. Especially
those who keep going back for more shots.
Perpetual lockdowns have ruined enough
people's lives and this government
is finally making the right decisions.
If you are not comfortable with the country
opening back up because not every single
person is vaccinated (nor will they ever be)
then perhaps you should just leave.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Our dedicated team of Google Doctors has done their
absolute best to educate us on how important it is for
everyone (including their pets and unborn children) to
get vaccinated.

You guys deserve to be commended for your valiant efforts
but in the end you lost just like I said you would simply because
we are talking about the Dominican Republic (70% of people vaccinated)
not the country who's way of governing their citizens you so desperately
hold on too. Tourism cash is their main concern. Think differently?
When was the last time you passed thru arrivals at an international
terminal?

No body likes a sore loser so please do the rest of us a favor and
tone it down a notch. There are no vaccine card requirements nor will
there be any in the future. Those that have been "suggested" are
already being ignored by both the government and private enterprise.

I would also like to take a minute to congratulate the team at Intellect Labs.
They are now in their final stage of development/ testing of their ground
breaking genital recognition software and I can't wait to see what this group
of geniuses roll out next.

JOB WELL DONE!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Life is tough in the big city.
People are tired of it. Especially
those who keep going back for more shots.
Perpetual lockdowns have ruined enough
people's lives and this government
is finally making the right decisions.
If you are not comfortable with the country
opening back up because not every single
person is vaccinated (nor will they ever be)
then perhaps you should just leave.

the very SAME people who call some of us " Selfish" with respect to getting Vaccinated .

are the VERY Same People who FORGET THEIR ARE GUESTS in The DR ..

It is EXACTLY equivalent to someone coming to your HOUSE and then calling YOU SELFISH because you dont have enough Beer for them
Or your Beds were not Soft enough .. or they did not like your Towels when they came out of the Pool

Yes, it is exactly like that ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes Alfredo

Banned
Jun 26, 2021
Yes
the very SAME people who call some of us " Selfish" with respect to getting Vaccinated .

It is EXACTLY equivalent to someone coming to your HOUSE and then calling YOU SELFISH because you dont have enough Beer for them
Or your Beds were not Soft enough .. or they did not like your Towels when they came out of the Pool

Says a guy who's never lived in the DR... It's like having your plumber do your long overdue quadrupole bypass LOL

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I took my MIL in for her Pfizer shot today in Jarabacoa. There are four places in town to get vaccinations , and they were all full of people. Lots of young people getting vaccinated, even a Venezuelan girl that worked for us. I think that there is less reluctance now that they can get something other than just Sinovac.

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Says a guy who's never lived in the DR... It's like having your plumber do your long overdue quadrupole bypass LOL

I speak & repeat what I hear for dozes of Dominican ( In Laws and extended Family) ... who pretty much all feel the exact same way about this Covid krap ..
with respect to OPENING everything back UP.... Not the" Vaccine" Choice , that a personal decision.

Most of them dont speak English

if they felt the OPPOSITE , I would say so .. These Lockdowns and Draconian Laws and rules hurt everyone in the DR
, not just those working in Tourist Areas.

How many Family members do you have BORN and Living in the DR ?

your comments are beyond ridiculous this point ..

when you had 12 posts , you told CR that based on his HISTORY or Track RECORD you " know " him.
The man has thousands of Posts .. .did you read them all ? , in the short time you are here ?
that is quite an accomplishment .

How exactly is it that you know people here so well , when you are BRAND new here .
and yet you just jumped right into the same Arguments and
the same Passive Aggressive style .

• Sad
Reactions: Yes Alfredo

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Speaking of being limited for unvaccinated people just read this from the NFL today.

The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Some people are doing that.... mixing vaccines - no proven data yet on that

Entry restrictions differ by government, so do travel travel restrictions by Air Lines and Travel Companies.
Many hoops to jump through, no fun for all.
For me best option is just stay in the DR, but I have to wait to accomplish that.

Canadian travellers frustrated as U.S. cruise lines won’t recognize mixing-and-matching COVID-19 vaccine.​

However, policies from Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Celebrity Cruises and Carnival Cruise Line either state the companies do not accept mixing-and-matching of any kind — whether Pfizer with Moderna — or mixing-and-matching of a viral vector vaccine with an mRNA vaccine specifically, such as AstraZeneca with Pfizer or Moderna.
“Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest ‘fully vaccinated’ with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines only. No other mixed vaccine doses will qualify a guest as ‘fully vaccinated,” reads the policy on Celebrity Cruises’ website.

The policy on the Carnival Cruise Line’s website reads: “For cruises departing the U.S., the CDC requires both vaccines in a two-dose series to be of the same type.
“No other vaccine combination meets the criteria to be considered fully vaccinated. So, for example, Canadian or other international guests who received a combination of AstraZeneca and Pfizer are considered unvaccinated by the CDC.”

US extends non-essential travel ban to Canada and Mexico through August 21​

The Biden administration is extending non-essential travel restrictions for the U.S. northern and southernborders until Aug. 21.

The U.S. has been limiting non-essential travel along both borders since the start of the pandemic and extending those restrictions on a monthly basis. The restrictions don't apply to cross-border trade, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, as well as people traveling for medical purposes or to attend school, among others.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
If you have not been vaccinated, ya might want to consider being so.

If you have had the 2 Sinovac jabs, ya might want to consider getting a Pfizer booster.

I'm hoping that everyone is learning how.the Delta variant is Devastating every country targeting the unvaccinated. Thus the term....