Great Time In Juan Dolio!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here goes a new and different Trip Report:

Went to SD on Saturday, March 15th....Great flight...Except of the fricking guy next to me shewing gum like a horse!.

Stayed at CaribeParaiso in Juan Dolio.....Nice place....Thanks MommC.

At one point, rented 2 apts from an apartahotel across the street for the gang (CaribeParaiso was fully booked, being Semana Santa and all).

Was joined by my little firecracker Planner and Mayra and the gang at some point....GREEEEEAT time.

Ate at nice places like Suenos, Luca's an other places. (There's a place Planner and I ate which I forget the name but the waiter's name was Ramon, who happens to be very professional and very friendly. Best waiter I had in a long time).....But the one that I really liked was a little Cafe named Casablanca. Nice place. Nice service.

Called Oscar (From MiTaverna) a few times on Tuesday to plan the dishes he was going to make for us but Oscar was nowhere to be found....Left him a message and when he did NOT called back, I called my brotha from another motha, AZB, to find out what was going on, and he informed me Oscar was in Atlanta, unable to find a flight back to the DR. And that was that.

We were supposed to go to the Riu in Punta Cana on Wednesday as a surprise for a few days and we could NOT go....Something about those morons not having a reservation that was made about 10 days prior....Oh well!.

We went to the beach, ate, drank, walked....blah, blah, blah......

On Friday Planner left. :ermm:

On Saturday the 22nd, Ramon and my brother Carlos took me to the Airport and off I went to my wonderful "Alaska"......Nice flight....Except for that fricking kid who could NOT stop crying.....And the mother who did NOT know how to tell him to stop.....(there's always one).

Overall, had an AMAZING TIME!!.

Pictures to follow soon!.

Last edited:
Ate at nice places like Suenos, Luca's an other places. (There's a place Planner and I ate which I forget the name but the waiter's name was Ramon, who happens to be very professional and very friendly. Best waiter I had in a long time)o
The name of that restaurant is La Grotta Azura.
The food is very good.
Inside the restaurant it is very hot, but you can sit outside on the terrace.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Creo que si!

The name of that restaurant is La Grotta Azura.
The food is very good.
Inside the restaurant it is very hot, but you can sit outside on the terrace.
Yes, I think that's the name. I believe it's next to a bar-looking German establishment!. (Btw, I say "German" because they were always promiting German bread).

Nice fellow. The happiest I have ever been leaving a tip, that's for sure!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Unas fotos....

Some pictures:

Planner, Ramon, Carlos, Ramon's daughters and Mayra's daughter having a "bad" time at the beach:

vijp6o.jpg

Miguelito in "black":

35hia83.jpg

The girls "NOT" having a good time:

10idmj7.jpg

More to come later!.

Last edited:
Yes, I think that's the name. I believe it's next to a bar-looking German establishment!. (Btw, I say "German" because they were always promiting German bread).

Nice fellow. The happiest I have ever been leaving a tip, that's for sure!.
No that bar is El Cacigue bar. (Austrian)
In the back-side of this bar have Tommy from Austria his restaurant with excellent Austrian Food.
I like this food very much

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Correctomunto!!.

No that bar is El Cacigue bar. (Austrian)
In the back-side of this bar have Tommy from Austria his restaurant with excellent Austrian Food.
I like this food very much
Indeed.

The place where Ramon works is right next to Casablanca's Cafe.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
nice pics Miguel! I cant wait to go back to DR later this year! I haven't really been to Juan Dolio much but am familiar with the restaurants you mentioned! Beautiful beaches too! thanks for the pics! - J

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
nice pics Miguel! I cant wait to go back to DR later this year! I haven't really been to Juan Dolio much but am familiar with the restaurants you mentioned! Beautiful beaches too! thanks for the pics! - J

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Otra vez mas....

Thanks man.

I will take Juan Dolio to Boca Chica any day of the week.

I will go a resize some more pictures (what a pain in the axx) and post them!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mas

The gang eating:

2zfu5c0.jpg

Planner, Miguel and Mayra at Casablanca's:

30bh8ic.jpg

The gang in the water:

jii1i9.jpg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mas todavia!

Planner in balcony:

2n99bpt.jpg

Ramon and Carlos at Casablanca's:

286r4og.jpg

Miguelito posing like a woman!:

1z5un1x.jpg

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow nice pics again my friend, I need to explore more of Juan Dolio, looks very nice, clean and quiet...definately nicer than Boca Chica! I cant wait to go back....a couple of more months and I am headed back! - J

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Nice report Miguel. That restaurant was amazing - great food and Ramon was fabulous. We sat on the balcony so it was nice and cool.

By comparison El Sueno was barely adequate. The service was not attentive, the food was ok but not fabulous and the price was much higher.

My favourite was casablanca - great service, good food (limited choice but good) and the prices were fabulous.

It was interesting to watch the gathering of the locals on the beach! Dominicans know how to have a good time!!!!

Excuse me while I go back to eating my chocolate now..... thanks Miguel......