gringo exodus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I don't like how Cubans give off a better than everyone else attitude.
A Cuban friend explained the difference between a Cuban and a Puerto Rican:

If you call a Cuban a "Puerto Rican" he gets really mad. If you call a Puerto Rican a "Cuban" he'll kill you.

:cheeky:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't get my information from an anti-Castro website. I have literally hundreds of Cuban friends, Mikey, going back to the 60's.

I have employed over a dozen Cuban doctors who couldn't get licenses in the states.

They all have a story to tell, including family members offed by summary executions by Castro's followers.

Forgive me if I don't cherish today's Cuba like enlightened "progressive" pro-Marxists do.

nothing to forgive. you see, i am the kind of guy who does not hold anything against people who do not agree with me. just ask people like windeguy and playacaribe.

May 12, 2005
I am not sure if there is a pronounced spike in crime or whether it is just increased reporting from social media. I think more the latter which certainly leads to the perception that DR has become more dangerous, prompting many to leave or not come at all.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I am not sure if there is a pronounced spike in crime or whether it is just increased reporting from social media. I think more the latter which certainly leads to the perception that DR has become more dangerous, prompting many to leave or not come at all.

Part of it is the advent of the internet. News is being reported by many sources. Does not have the censorship it once did. Back in the day the news was controlled by a select few. Now anyone with a smartphone can be a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.