Gringo Round Up in Sosua ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one more word about the meaning of "gringo" and you will find yourself in deep trouble. don't say i didn't warn you.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Pick up truck with about 10 immigration officers went into the hotel Orchidee ( I believe that's the name), which is next to Terra Linda. I doubt it was a random pick up of tourists.

I live there. No word of any such thing.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Immigration is looking for some individuals on an INTERPOL list. I believe a reward is offered for some so aggressive maneuvers may be warranted. My info may be wrong. But it comes from a guy wearing a Lt. Colonel outfit.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Pick up truck with about 10 immigration officers went into the hotel Orchidee ( I believe that's the name), which is next to Terra Linda. I doubt it was a random pick up of tourists.

It is so not random obviously they're looking for a select few. If you're not wanted forget about it.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Maybe they are looking for some pedophile ??? Have you noticed, they are ALWAYS looking for guys ???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hear there is lots of activity at DGM office in puerto plata. looks like they are getting ready for a sweep in the area.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The next couple of days should be very interesting , from the sound of this.

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Just overheard immigration looking checkpoint just east of Super Pola. Unconfirmed, of course. 

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I personally saw them arrest the gringa owner of Red Elephant restaurant yesterday at about 2:30. She was taken away in the immigration truck. The two sisters coffee shop , 2 stores away, told me that immigration police has a list with people who are here illegally and seeking them out. They told me that the gringa restaurant owner has been here since 2011 illegally.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I personally saw them arrest the gringa owner of Red Elephant restaurant yesterday at about 2:30. She was taken away in the immigration truck. The two sisters coffee shop , 2 stores away, told me that immigration police has a list with people who are here illegally and seeking them out. They told me that the gringa restaurant owner has been here since 2011 illegally.
Out of all the laws in the DR that go unenforced it's good to see they finally found one to focus on. This will help the DR economy for sure. Deport the Gringos that typically spend far more than they ever make here. DR Logic at it's best :confused:

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I find it hard to believe they're rounding up overstayers. I mean holy crap that's one big list. Plus talk about a counter productive idea. This list must have more to it than people that have just overstayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.