Groceries - advice please :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
could not care less, i only focus on what they do for my headache. i use them in combination with other meds and that stuff works fine. max i have ever used was 8, within an hour or two.

i think you said you suffer from migraine headaches. i guess that if i did, i would not care either..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Bronze" forget the "Expiration Dates" on "Pills/Caps/Caplets", and most other "Meds" if they are kept in a tightly closed container, dry, and not in heat over 80, or so, degrees.
Those dates are to sell MORE Pills!
I buy OTC pain meds in 1,000 pill bottles.
I got 1,000 acetaminafen 500 mg. tabs from CVS for $10, that's 1 cent each!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If you like to bake cakes, bring your own baking goods; powdered sugar. The powdered sugar that's sold in the DR is not smooth, it has a grainy texture. Cake flour, bread flour, looked everywhere, never found it.

I used to make periodic trips to the states, so I would take those items with me.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
"Bronze" forget the "Expiration Dates" on "Pills/Caps/Caplets", and most other "Meds" if they are kept in a tightly closed container, dry, and not in heat over 80, or so, degrees.
Those dates are to sell MORE Pills!
I buy OTC pain meds in 1,000 pill bottles.
I got 1,000 acetaminafen 500 mg. tabs from CVS for $10, that's 1 cent each!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks, good to know.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Am bringing vitamin gummies down next week. Presume not a good idea because of temp and humidity?

Sorry to go off topic a bit.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is ok. just keep them out of the direct sunlight. not necessarily in the fridge, thou.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ok, since you are coming from Europe and have your dive gear and then some clothes, i have gone over your list again and think that only thing that you are NOT going to find here are the essential oils and maybe the almond oil.

The only oils that I have found here in 10 years are for burning, not for body use. I send to the US for them.

You may not find everything you need in Punta Cana but certainly in a trip Santo Domingo

I get knocked out by 800 mg of ibuprophen but as DV8 pointed out, it is available here just more expensive

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you like to bake cakes, bring your own baking goods; powdered sugar. The powdered sugar that's sold in the DR is not smooth, it has a grainy texture. Cake flour, bread flour, looked everywhere, never found it.

I used to make periodic trips to the states, so I would take those items with me.

toss the powdered sugar into something like a magic bullet blender before you use it...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the only almond oil i have seen here is for massage/body. i am pretty sure it's not food grade. i am a huge fan, thou. gives very soft skin. pharmacies will also sell mineral oil (used for home made deodorant, i believe) and coconut oil (who know what is it used for, the bottles are really tiny, maybe 50 ml). also in the pharmacy you can buy manteca do cacao. this too is not food grade, dominicans use if on scars, to diminish their appearance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
the only almond oil i have seen here is for massage/body. i am pretty sure it's not food grade. i am a huge fan, thou. gives very soft skin. pharmacies will also sell mineral oil (used for home made deodorant, i believe) and coconut oil (who know what is it used for, the bottles are really tiny, maybe 50 ml). also in the pharmacy you can buy manteca do cacao. this too is not food grade, dominicans use if on scars, to diminish their appearance.

D, mineral oil is a natural way to help cure constipation orally, and is also used in Fleet's type enemas.

The little bottles of coconut oil are probably used as a 'carrier' for other essential oils. Just last week a friend of mine who's an expert in essential oils gave me a small bottle of an oil for indigestion/agita - you actually rub in on your abdomen. She told me to rub a bit of coconut oil on the skin first, then rub a couple of drops of the essential oil over it.

It's absolutely amazing what some essential oils can do. Did you know that oregano oil dropped on a wart will dissolve it? Of course, you'll smell like you've been cooking Italian food every day until the wart is gone. [I can think of worse things to smell like!]

YOU MUST BRING YOUR PAINKILLERS IF YOU HAVE SEVERE PAIN!!
It is REALLY hard to get proper pain killers here and the ones that they say are strong ARE NOT!

My wife has been suffering badly for 2 months and we have tried to get proper pain killers for her and the Dr's are so freaked out about getting in trouble they won't give out the strong meds she NEEDS!

We get offered an Ak-47 but no one has morphine? So strange!!

We see the DR again and off to the pain clinic we will go but i have little hope...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
D, mineral oil is a natural way to help cure constipation orally, and is also used in Fleet's type enemas.

not many things in this world that feel as good when taken orally as when taken up the...
nevermind. mineral oil is actually not that great to ingest...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ground Coriander", is the ground seeds of the coriander plant.
What we all use for cooking is the leaves, the root, or the whole plant.
I love it!
Can a billion Chinese, South East Asians, Indian, Mexicans, and most other cultures be WRONG?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC