Guagua to Sabana de la Mar

misterE1984

Nov 29, 2022
Uk
Hi all. Travelling in DR for the next month. Looking to know if there is a guagua from Punta Cana (have read some old information saying there is one near San Juan) but dont know how reliable that is.

I am going to Las Galeras and was thinking about getting the ferry to Samana. If its too difficult I will get bus to SD and then bus to Las Galeras

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Sabana de la Mar is a very small town with one or two hotels but it is mainly serviced by a road from Hato Mayor on a fairly horrible road and not from Punta Cana although it is fairly new road . I think that there is a small bus service from Bavaro /Punta Cana to Miches which is about half way there but no further..So you can get a bus from Punta Cana to San Pedro de Macoris and then another to Hato Mayor and yet another to Sabana de la mar but it would be a hassle. Far easier to take the bus from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo and ask the driver to drop you off at the Caribe Tours terminal a few miles past the Airport . That bus will take you into Samana, Santa Barbara , and you can take a gua gua to Las Galeras.

misterE1984

Nov 29, 2022
Uk
Sabana de la Mar is a very small town with one or two hotels but it is mainly serviced by a road from Hato Mayor on a fairly horrible road and not from Punta Cana although it is fairly new road . I think that there is a small bus service from Bavaro /Punta Cana to Miches which is about half way there but no further..So you can get a bus from Punta Cana to San Pedro de Macoris and then another to Hato Mayor and yet another to Sabana de la mar but it would be a hassle. Far easier to take the bus from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo and ask the driver to drop you off at the Caribe Tours terminal a few miles past the Airport . That bus will take you into Samana, Santa Barbara , and you can take a gua gua to Las Galeras.
Thanks. We did it this way in the end. Saved some time not having to go in to SD. Would you happen to know if there's a bus or guagua from Las Galeras to Las Terrenas?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
just wave your arm with some vigour when a gua gua appears ,that always does the trick , but I do not know the actual stop in Las Galeras but it is a small place . Sorry, too many conjunctives and Joseph will be upset !! :D

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya