Guillermo Moreno: Police is a rotten and corrupt force

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Guillermo-Moreno-El-Dia-e1593099695987.jpg

The president of Alianza País, Guillermo Moreno expressed his indignation at the recent killing by Police of two religious pastors in Villa Altagracia, San Cristóbal province in what the Interior & Police Minister described as a “confusion.” Moreno described the National Police as “a rotten and corrupt body that is not worth reforming.” He said it needs a comprehensive transformation.

Moreno denounced that the Police, the government body in charge of ensuring the security of citizens and the protection of property, “traditionally uses arbitrary methods and permanently commits abuses and outrages against the rights, integrity and life of the people.”

“Indeed, the problem of the National Police, its arbitrary methods and its abuses did not begin with the current director Edward Sanchez, but what happened in Villa Altagracia shows that seven months after he has been...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Anybody who thinks anything in Politics will change overnight is pipe dreaming.
It takes years of reform and proper education to make a safe and effective Police Force.
And then there are still the bad apples... hopefully there is a system for correction in place.

RD Government is working on the Reforms and hopefully will be able to make significant changes in the system that will have a positive effect.
Back home we have Police Commissions in most areas that oversee the goings on with the Police;

Reactions: campesinadeatl

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All true.........
Careful.
Some of our fellow members are 100% convinced if you've ever had a (more than one) negative interaction with this band of thugs then it must have been all your fault.

If they are serious then they should start doing random drug test on all of them immediately. Short of that
I don't believe a damn word of it because they have been assassinating known criminals down here for years only this time they botched the hit...
big time.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Careful.
Some of our fellow members are 100% convinced if you've ever had a (more than one) negative interaction with this band of thugs then it must have been all your fault.

During all the years I've lived here, we've had exactly two interactions with PN... Both times kind of looking for help... Both times absolutely useless and I was more disappointed in them after speaking with them... When they'd actually need to do their job, they could not be more incompetent and useless... I'm positive there are good officers as well, but that is our experience...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
During all the years I've lived here, we've had exactly two interactions with PN... Both times kind of looking for help... Both times absolutely useless and I was more disappointed in them after speaking with them... When they'd actually need to do their job, they could not be more incompetent and useless... I'm positive there are good officers as well, but that is our experience...
They are a much bigger problem for the people who live than criminals are in my opinion.

A good friend of mine who was deported 12 years ago (completely different man these days) got hired as a PN and did it for about a year and a half before he quit. He told me the things he witnessed on a daily basis were just as bad as the stuff he was deported for.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Careful.

If they are serious then they should start doing random drug test on all of them immediately. Short of that
I don't believe a damn word of it because they have been assassinating known criminals down here for years only this time they botched the hit...
big time.
100% convinced ? If you have been here a few days...Maybe...When I was first here all the Dominicans I knew told me about those guys.........

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Anybody who thinks anything in Politics will change overnight is pipe dreaming.
It takes years of reform and proper education to make a safe and effective Police Force.
And then there are still the bad apples... hopefully there is a system for correction in place.

RD Government is working on the Reforms and hopefully will be able to make significant changes in the system that will have a positive effect.
Back home we have Police Commissions in most areas that oversee the goings on with the Police;
Thats the Pot calling the kettle black... the politicos will reform the Police?............

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There can be no meaningful police reform until the courts and the judges are made unbeholden to the politicos and the police themselves.