GUN PERMIT IN DR ,

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Could you explain this Windeguy because this makes no sense, to me at least.
The laws in the DR for carrying a pistol require the owner to carry it concealed.

If you carry it so that the gun is exposed you are violating the law and the gun can be confiscated by the police.

It really is that simple. Remember , you are not in Kansas (or NY City)....

Reactions: MikeFisher

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
https://bigthink.com/the-present/switzerland-high-gun-ownership/ Finland, Iceland, Austria all have above average gun ownership and very few gun homicides. It is the culture and regulations that make the difference, mainly the culture.

This clearly shows the difference.
Educated, cultured people in societies with a social conscience, respect and good social conduct.

Compare this to the countries with highest gun deaths.
Simple facts which can't be disputed, or put in a better light with excuses or lies.
It is indeed the people and not the guns that kill.
Their mental and social state of existence and acceptance.

Thank you for pointing this out Bob.
Finland and Iceland are also countries of hunters for personal food consumption.

As you point out Bob,
There is something wrong with the social structure and mental state in the below countries, including political structures.

Countries with the Highest Total Gun Deaths (all causes) in 2019​

1. Brazil — 49,436
  2. United States — 37,038
  3. Venezuela — 28,515
  4. Mexico — 22,116
  5. India — 14,710
  6. Colombia — 13,169
  7. Philippines — 9,267
  8. Guatemala — 5,980

Reactions: Fulano2

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This clearly shows the difference.
Educated, cultured people in societies with a social conscience, respect and good social conduct.

Compare this to the countries with highest gun deaths.
Simple facts which can't be disputed, or put in a better light with excuses or lies.
It is indeed the people and not the guns that kill.
Their mental and social state of existence and acceptance.

Thank you for pointing this out Bob.
Finland and Iceland are also countries of hunters for personal food consumption.

As you point out Bob,
There is something wrong with the social structure and mental state in the below countries, including political structures.

Countries with the Highest Total Gun Deaths (all causes) in 2019​

1. Brazil — 49,436
  2. United States — 37,038
  3. Venezuela — 28,515
  4. Mexico — 22,116
  5. India — 14,710
  6. Colombia — 13,169
  7. Philippines — 9,267
  8. Guatemala — 5,980
That is what I said from the being, but you disagreed with me. Note that both Mexico and Venezuela have very strict guns control laws with numerous restrictions.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Here is a perfect example of mainstream media and what it does to people:

The DR is at 13.47 firearm related death per 100k residents while the USofA is at 10.89

Hmmm. Yep, those gun regulations in the DR work great. So much better that way than the USofA (NOT!)

Guns don't kill people.
People do.
Up until 1986 you could walk right into any gun store in the US and buy a fully automatic uzi with a 30 round clip yet we had no mass shootings and no where near the current annual homicide rate.
Social decay as a result of poor government social policies is the number one reason for this problem....
no if, ands or buts about it.

The DR ain't perfect but it's a heck of a lot safer than any big _______ run city in the US.

Dominicans don't shoot up schools, they don't shoot up shopping malls, they don't shoot up grocery stores, they don't shoot up festivals, they don't shoot up hospitals, they don't shoot up churches and they shoot up funerals.

They don't carjack people in broad daylight or do home invasions either.

Reactions: SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CristoRey, I am am aware of home invasions by Dominicans, so you can remove that one from the list of what Dominican's don't do.
I am a bit surprised you would think they don't do that.

Reactions: CristoRey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is absolutely NO comparison to the Wild West out of control Mass shootings every other day any place you can think of in the US compared to living a peaceful life in the Dominican Republic. Not th have to worry that you sill never see your kids alive after sending them to school............

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
CristoRey, I am am aware of home invasions by Dominicans, so you can remove that one from the list of what Dominican's don't do.
I am a bit surprised you would think they don't do that.
I am currently in Jacksonville, FL
Earlier this week I visited with some old friends who still live in the area I grew up in.
Trust me when I tell you, with or without the home invasions, when it comes to gun crime the Dominican Republic is a heck of a lot safer.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I present the fact that deaths per 100,000 are higher in the DR than in the USA from guns and people still insist the DR is safer.

Oh well, that kind of thinking cannot be fixed. It is perception and main stream media that rules, apparently.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wait Sorry 2023

But look at this explanation from the article
————————

Gangs are much less of an issue in the United States, yet it is second only to Brazil on the list in total gun deaths. Many people understandably assume the high number of

gun deaths in the U.S. is due to mass shootings, which receive frequent attention from the media. In truth, mass shootings account for only a small percentage of gun deaths in the United States. Rather, nearly two-thirds (63%) of gun deaths in the US in 2019 were suicides.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The question to ask yourself is simple. Do you feel safer going to a Mall, Church, School, etc. in the DR or in the US?............Easy choice for me...................

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
What was your MOS ?
Stolen valor answer: It was secret, and I can't talk about it.

All joking aside, rey, but for what it's worth, it's best if you don't acquire a weapon:

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away