Gym in Piantini?

elmalecon809

Oct 8, 2014
I am staying in the newer DTSD (Downtown Santo Domingo) building for the time being (On Ave Lincoln north of the 27). The building has a gym, but it is closed while they rebuild the terrace (and pool) where it is located on the 15th floor.

A Google search of gyms nearby gave me one in Unicentro Plaza and one on Ave Lope de Vega near the La Cadena. I could not find the one in Unicentro Plaza. I asked the girl who works at the vendor stand near the entrance and she told me it was closed. So I jogged to the one near La Cadena and that one was closed as well. Keep in mind, Google indicated they were open. **SIGH**

Anyone know of a good gym in the Piantini area is that is really open?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Is there a Bravo grocery near you? they own Smart Fit gyms, much better than any hotel gym. there about 16 smart fit gyms in that city........

elmalecon809

Oct 8, 2014
Is there a Bravo grocery near you? they own Smart Fit gyms, much better than any hotel gym. there about 16 smart fit gyms in that city........
I know of the Bravo on Churchill a little north of Blue Mall. However, Google is telling me that there is one on the 27 near Ave Alma Mater, which is much closer to me.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
They used to do cross fit on Hector Incháustegui between Federico Geraldino and Lincoln, closer to Lincoln.
I had free membership to Gold’s Gym (at Blue Mall, if I remember right), but don’t use it.
Body Shop in Naco was the gym of choice, and more recommended even 5 years ago.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
They used to do cross fit on Hector Incháustegui between Federico Geraldino and Lincoln, closer to Lincoln.
I had free membership to Gold’s Gym (at Blue Mall, if I remember right), but don’t use it.
Body Shop in Naco was the gym of choice, and more recommended even 5 years ago.
After being in the gym for many years ... the best one for you is where you get the best workout.. until the pandemic I was using a small one called Bio Fit in Santiago, it was full of very dedicated people, and the workouts were intense.... and thats what its all about.....