Haiti’s political crisis needs to be tackled by the international community, says expert

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well - I am always of the mindset that Where There is Life There is Hope - And I have the most profound respect for the Haitian people who actually seem able to live on very close to nothing and remain - well - ALIVE... I think that Americans, in particular, could learn a great deal more from Haitians than they could learn from us. But just IMHO.
Many Haitians do very well in Canada and the USA, so it isn't a Haitian trait to fail.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Many Haitians did fine in Mexico also...
“The Haitians arrived with their papers, with a clear vision,” Gastelum said in an interview posted on the city’s Facebook page. They came “in an orderly way, they never asked us for food or shelter,” renting apartments and making their own food. He said the Haitians found jobs and “inserted themselves in the city’s economy” and had not been involved in any disturbances."

Unfortunately, facts such as these are not going to stop those with opinions set in stone.
Nor will it help them distinguish the government of Haiti from it's people.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
“The Haitians arrived with their papers, with a clear vision,” Gastelum said in an interview posted on the city’s Facebook page. They came “in an orderly way, they never asked us for food or shelter,” renting apartments and making their own food. He said the Haitians found jobs and “inserted themselves in the city’s economy” and had not been involved in any disturbances."

Unfortunately, facts such as these are not going to stop those with opinions set in stone.
Nor will it help them distinguish the government of Haiti from it's people.

How did they work legally? That is generally the biggest hurdle, whether it's in Mexico or the DR or someplace else.

BTW, if my kid can't find work here, we're thinking of TJ in a year or 2.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

They sound like the Chinese and Vietnamese in my country.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
“The Haitians arrived with their papers, with a clear vision,”
My thought was that they arrived legally.
Maybe emigrating to Mexico is different than coming to the 🇩🇴 ❓
Let me add that a particular torrie I lived in previously had Haitians working in it.
When they would be working in my apartment I would ask them about their journey here.
They were quick to tell me they were here legally.
That they applied and got the proper papers.
And were quick to show me their passports with the visa printed in it.
So I think there is a distinction being made to legal and illegal immigration by some.
While others simply condemn a entire nation of people because the government has problems.

Reactions: Russell

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
How did they work legally? That is generally the biggest hurdle, whether it's in Mexico or the DR or someplace else.

BTW, if my kid can't find work here, we're thinking of TJ in a year or 2.
I like Tijuana.
I would live in Mexico or Ecuador if I did not live here 🇩🇴.
As a side note, I spoke with many during my trips to Mexico said it was easier to get residency in Mexico (than it was in say for example my country of origin).
I do not want to mention it by name.
We are talking about immigration and I do not want to get pinged by management up in here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Looks like more troops are needed to keep the people in their failed state:

Gerard De Graaff
Make a fence like the "Iron Curtain" in Europe untill 1989 that will help that Haities will not cross the border in one piece.
Like · Reply · 5d

Dave Lopes

Seal the border permanently.
Like · Reply · 6d

Manuel Noreaga

DR DEPLOYED 167% OF ITS TROOPS.... THATS ACCORDING TO THE MACHINES THAT TALLEY THE NUMBERS
Like · Reply · 6d

Manuel Noreaga

THATS JUST RACIST!! NO BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENTS/MARXISM /CHINA GENOCIDES YET... OR CLINTONIZED
Like · Reply · 6d
60441098_2404276796467732_182581112747327488_n.jpg

Paul Tierney
The open question is how many Dominican troops are at the frontera with Haiti now? The government has always boasted there are 10,000 troops there. Are the 7,200 deployed troops meant to expand the 10,000 to 17,200 or are there just 7,200 at the border? The reporting neglects to include valuable information to connect the dots. It can be a given there are 17,200 troops but then why should readers have to presume?
Like · Reply · 2 · 1w
53509591_1000200350368976_4443412146117672960_n.jpg

Clément Gauvin
Just to bad for the poeple living there they did not ask for all of these mess. Hope god will help them or the. They suffer of everery thing all the time poor them.
Like · Reply · 3 · 1w

Anastasia Jefferson

Leave them in the border permanetly since Haiti is always in crisis!
Like · Reply · 2 · 1w

Facebook Comments Plugin

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
"Likewise, he warned that “the persecution against undocumented people who were doing agricultural and construction work will begin to be regularized” since the authorities granted grace for these people due to the coronavirus pandemic." - Dominican Today

Dominicans can't eat or have a place to live without the Haitians according to the article posted by: windeguy
They need them...
The focus is on illegal immigration.
No one is advocating that...

Straw man argument
I go hard in the paint.
Keep throwing up your weak :poop:
I will keep rejecting it‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
"Future prospects" lol, what prey tell might they be? A working sewage system
That is one of the things Haiti needs.
But I am not suggestion that the international community needs to be involved.
Exactly the opposite.
The international community needs to walk away.
Get out of the country of Haiti
I always enjoy the armchair experts on DR1 comment on Haiti and her future prospects.
This is a discussion board.
So, continue to enjoy.
And let me know the level of expertise that you bring to the discussion.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Well - I am always of the mindset that Where There is Life There is Hope - And I have the most profound respect for the Haitian people who actually seem able to live on very close to nothing and remain - well - ALIVE... I think that Americans, in particular, could learn a great deal more from Haitians than they could learn from us. But just IMHO.
May I respectfully inquire as to what type of knowledge a person can obtain from Haitians. Please don't say French as you seem to know that's a moot point.

Reactions: windeguy

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Looks like more troops are needed to keep the people in their failed state:

Gerard De Graaff
Make a fence like the "Iron Curtain" in Europe untill 1989 that will help that Haities will not cross the border in one piece.
Like · Reply · 5d

As the Warlords (thugs with weapons ) take over increasingly larger areas of real estate, the rush to the border will grow exponentially. RD should absolutely lock down the border. This problem isn't their doing and they need to protect their own citizens.

But some of us know where this is headed. Huge humanitarian crisis and then tons of foreign tax dollars flooding in to save the Haitians., 90% of the money stolen along the way. And no permanent solution once again.

Lock down the border and let the Haitians save their own country. They'll eventually figure it out. If you want a corrupt free society , you have to be willing to fight and shed blood for it. Nobody's going to do it for you.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Lock down the border and let the Haitians save their own country. They'll eventually figure it out. If you want a corrupt free society , you have to be willing to fight and shed blood for it. Nobody's going to do it for you.
Agreed ‼️
The hope that I have remains with the people of Haiti.
Not their government.

Reactions: Russell

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
May I respectfully inquire as to what type of knowledge a person can obtain from Haitians. Please don't say French as you seem to know that's a moot point.

One of the most important things I learned while in Haiti was to make do with less. There are needs and there are wants. Many of our wants are frivolous. I have learned to live much simpler and much cheaper too.

I remember watching kids make kites out of trash. And they flew them - good. They had fun and they enjoyed themselves.

Most Haitians don't wallow in self pity. They do what they can to survive and they do it with a smile. I am so grateful to God for allowing me to spend 5 years there.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
May I respectfully inquire as to what type of knowledge a person can obtain from Haitians.
How to survive.
Acceptance of reality.
Hard work.
Most Haitians that I have spoken to here say they do not like it in 🇩🇴 .
And I understand why.
But they need to work and make money.
I knew a house cleaner that was Haitian who spoke four languages.
I know people from 🇺🇲 that cannot even speak their native language well.
Let alone another language.

Asked and answered‼️
Need to know anything else❓

Big

Apr 24, 2019
How to survive.
Acceptance of reality.
Hard work.
Most Haitians that I have spoken to here say they do not like it in 🇩🇴 .
And I understand why.
But they need to work and make money.
I knew a house cleaner that was Haitian who spoke four languages.
I know people from 🇺🇲 that cannot even speak their native language well.
Let alone another language.

Asked and answered‼️
Need to know anything else❓
not from you! I am guessing you have never crossed the border into Haiti or landed into their airport. Your elementary post is telling !. lol "four languages" French creole is about as useful as Afrikaans which I speak. Those languages alone are a permanent ceiling on getting ahead

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One of the most important things I learned while in Haiti was to make do with less. There are needs and there are wants. Many of our wants are frivolous. I have learned to live much simpler and much cheaper too.

I remember watching kids make kites out of trash. And they flew them - good. They had fun and they enjoyed themselves.

Most Haitians don't wallow in self pity. They do what they can to survive and they do it with a smile. I am so grateful to God for allowing me to spend 5 years there.
Would you say this article is accurate, based on your interactions in Haiti and with Haitians. https://tslethnographyproject.weebly.com/beliefs-values.html

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Would you say this article is accurate, based on your interactions in Haiti and with Haitians. https://tslethnographyproject.weebly.com/beliefs-values.html

Yea, I think it's accurate. Especially with the single moms and the kids with disabilities. I remember us rescuing a 2 year old boy who was naked and drinking out water in the road. I'm happy to say that Samuel was adopted and is living well in Tennessee.

Another thing that was true and is slowly being eradicated by Christian churches is Voodoo. It is strong there but the churches I was involved with were not tolerant of it. It's still difficult to fight sometimes.

I also remember once going to witness to a witch doctor in a group who couldn't give up Voodoo because it was his livelihood. He actually said he believed in Christianity (obviously not that much).

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
not from you! I am guessing you have never crossed the border into Haiti or landed into their airport. Your elementary post is telling !. lol "four languages"
I understand that you cannot handle knowledge in your 👁️ hole.
French creole is about as useful as Afrikaans which I speak.
Your failed attempt to insult me only has me laughing tonight as I enjoy my Jack and Coke.
Those languages alone are a permanent ceiling on getting ahead
Is speaking English and Spanish a ceiling on getting ahead❓

You don't know me and there is an expression about assumption you should heed my man.
Do you live in the same country 🇩🇴 as I do❓