Haiti’s political crisis needs to be tackled by the international community, says expert

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I can assure you that the imperialistic years were golden times in Haiti....
One elder Haitian journalist observed to me: "Compared to Duvalier, Trujillo was a saint". - So I believe that you would have some arguments on that point. Certainly there was peaceful atmosphere on the streets for the simple reason that if you were sent to jail, they would not feed you. If you were lucky enough to have relatives who could? Good for you. Certainly there was a tourism industry and an assembly industry. But I am not so sure that the lives of the bulk of the population were a whole lot better then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonton_Macoute. (I was there under BabyDoc)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't see the need to look at Haiti's past to see it's future.

Just look at where it is today and it is simple to see:
The future is extremely dark.

• Wow
Reactions: johne and Big

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
You sound like the American Dream, work hard, sacrifice, think out side the box and enjoy. I wish I was enjoying things a little more, I work too much and need to get back to thinking outside the box a bit. Congrats on living your dream !!

You are successful because you had parents that guided and supported you. You had examples of how hard work could move you and your family forward. When fatherless boys go to college with a chip on their shoulder, their spirit of defiance only grows in the progressive academic culture which doesn't teach job skills but only attacks our great society. The lack of success in youth of our communities when given the opportunity to study speaks for itself. The poor bastards need to learn to keep their head down, improve their own life first then change society from within. A negro who is an accountant or mid manager at a tech company carries clout in his community and is respected when they speak about injustice and constructive change. A "woke" 19 year old bastard about to drop out in their sophomore year, histrionically protesting the 2 century old legacy of the universities founders carries no weight and just continues the narrative of " unappreciative, entitled and angry minorities" that many speak to. I hope that clarifies my perspective, no disrespect intended

We both agree foreigners need to leave Haiti, we see through BS and dont blindly for weak ideology. We are both big picture guys trying to create the life we want.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I don't see the need to look at Haiti's past to see it's future.

Just look at where it is today and it is simple to see:
The future is extremely dark.
That's putting mildly unfortunately

Reactions: rfp

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No one can look at Haiti's past and see its future.
NO ONE ‼️
Looking back at the past can explain some issues.
Haiti's future has yet to be written.
My hope is on people of Haiti
At some point, one good person can decide to change everything.
This is of course: MY OPINION ‼️

Reactions: johne

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
No one can look at Haiti's past and see its future.
NO ONE ‼️
Looking back at the past can explain some issues.
Haiti's future has yet to be written.
My hope is on people of Haiti
At some point, one good person can decide to change everything.
This is of course: MY OPINION ‼️
That would truly be wonderful, all of us wish the same.

Reactions: johne