Haiti Foreign Minister Claude Joseph is out; Ariel Henry replaces many in Haitian government

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Claude-Joseph-MIREX-1024x683.jpg

On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 Prime Minister Ariel Henry announced the naming of eight new ministers in a major reshuffle of his government, as reported in Haiti Libre.

“We need to change the paradigm. Something must change in our country, in our way of doing things, in our way of being, in our way of living together, in our way of sharing what we have,” he said making the announcement.

The Prime Minister declared that with the installation of a new government, a decisive new stage in the interim period begins for Haiti. “I am not teaching anyone anything by saying that one of the main tasks of this government is to create a safe and stable environment conducive to the organization of popular consultations for the adoption of a new Constitution and the choice of new elected officials who will have to manage our country both nationally and locally,” he stated.

“I want to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grampa

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What would you suggest? What would you do in is shoes?

Invite businessmen/women to find out what they need to start manufacturing plants. Then implement their suggestion with incentives. This will obviously include infrastructure improvements and minimization of corruption. Why can't Haiti compete with the DR, China, SE Asia in manufacturing jobs?

Start a SW programming school and have it morph into jobs. I'm trying this myself with a giant sample size of 1. Why can't Haiti compete with India in out sourced SW?

Death penalty for gangs that prey on people. Shoot on sight. Have a trial later if it makes you feel better.

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
Invite businessmen/women to find out what they need to start manufacturing plants. Then implement their suggestion with incentives. This will obviously include infrastructure improvements and minimization of corruption. Why can't Haiti compete with the DR, China, SE Asia in manufacturing jobs?

Start a SW programming school and have it morph into jobs. I'm trying this myself with a giant sample size of 1. Why can't Haiti compete with India in out sourced SW?

Death penalty for gangs that prey on people. Shoot on sight. Have a trial later if it makes you feel better.
Thanks!

What's SW?

I'm not disagreeing but I can see many obstacles at this time. What's to stop others from just taking or taking over? The lack of infrastructure, safety, security, lack of supplies of even basics like fuel and water, health supplies for hospitals and the inability to travel or for goods to move safely are huge issues.

It's got to begin somewhere though and I'm glad you and others are considering what to do.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks!

What's SW?

I'm not disagreeing but I can see many obstacles at this time. What's to stop others from just taking or taking over? The lack of infrastructure, safety, security, lack of supplies of even basics like fuel and water, health supplies for hospitals and the inability to travel or for goods to move safely are huge issues.

It's got to begin somewhere though and I'm glad you and others are considering what to do.

SW = Software

Of course there will be obstacles. So we need to overcome them. It's been done before and will be done again.

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
Excellent. That's the type of thing that assuming you have access to hardware and electricity there are little limits. Waaaay back in the day when I was learning programming we did almost everything on paper with minimal access to an actual computer. Most limits are in our heads.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Why can't Haiti compete with the DR, China, SE Asia in manufacturing jobs?
The age old question.

On another note but somewhat related to your comment, not far from you is the Santo Domingo Cybernetic Park. That's the only higher learning institution in the DR that focuses on technology, software, etc. Every year the Las Americas Technological Institutes (their main campus is there, but they have several ones in other places though what they offer in those are limited compare to everything they offer at the main campus in Boca Chica) graduates hundreds of Dominicans as experts in those fields and many go to other countries captured by the technological companies based in those countries to be part of their research team.

Both the cibernetic park and the ITLA were created by the government in the early 2000's. I think the government should create a second ciberpark in Santiago since the DR is basically a two-poles society, with Greater SD and the Cibao Valley having the most weight and influence in everything.

You should look into that for your kid. If he has a good grasp of Spanish (in writing and reading too, not just vocal for study purposes), maybe he could qualify for enrolling at ITLA. He needs to have an interest in some modern technologies. Having a degree from there with good grades could open the opportunity door for him, even in other countries if he's really good at it.

I doubt there is something similar in Haiti. The DR would had never had that either if it wasn't for the government,

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
I can't see this or anything else making a difference there.
Are you claiming that your lack of vision and belief means that it's not possible or that people should not have the opportunity? Should they just give up? Stopped? That's not human nature nor how people thrive and overcome. I thought you were a libertarion LOL

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you claiming that your lack of vision and belief means that it's not possible or that people should not have the opportunity? Should they just give up? Stopped? That's not human nature nor how people thrive and overcome. I thought you were a libertarion LOL
I am claiming there is NO hope for Haiti. I have been completely transparent on that since the Haiti sub forum started on DR1. Everything that can be tried fails. No other country, Useless Nations group, that tries to help nor internal solution is to be found.

My being a libertarian has zero to do with this.

My being a realist is what makes me understand that some things cannot be fixed.
Haiti is one of those things. That "vision" for Haiti is clear. But good luck with you thinking there is some kind of chance there.

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
I am claiming there is NO hope for Haiti. I have been completely transparent on that since the Haiti sub forum started on DR1. Everything that can be tried fails. No other country, Useless Nations group, that tries to help nor internal solution is to be found.

My being a libertarian has zero to do with this.

My being a realist is what makes me understand that some things cannot be fixed.
Haiti is one of those things. That "vision" for Haiti is clear. But good luck with you thinking there is some kind of chance there.
I appreciate that you have an opinion. That in no way makes what you're saying true or factual. Time will tell as they say and my opinion is that there is always a way. You may not like it, appreciate it or even see the possibility but that's irrelevant. See link below for a real life example of "there's always a way" lol