Haiti is not DR's Responsibility

fundacionera

May 17, 2005
adding on

If you believe a dominican all them are from ST. Dgo. and have their Masters..but you know it not the truth.....So yes DR is better than Haiti economically and that's why people migrate in the first place..to provide a better life 4 themselves in family..

how is it that in the usa dominicans are always complaining about racism and about being stereotyped by other races, and yet we have the nerve to do the same to the poor haitians?
how many of you have actually gotten to know a haitian?
in DR my grandfather has haitian workers on his farm, a haitian man in particular comes to mind...this man is VERY hard working and struggles to feed all his children even with a broken arm. He wont go to a doctor b/c he prefers to work. he has his arm secured with a rag.
in usa dominicans are said to be mostly delinquints
in DR haitians are said to be the same way
the only thing that i dont like about some haitians is their religion : santeria
as a full-blown catholic, i disaprove ...but still I must accept their differences if i want the "white" people of my "white" town to accept me for all i am.
note: no offence to the caucasians reading this

fundacionera

May 17, 2005
i get u but i disagree

DRsScarface said:
And to answer your question about should illegal Dominicans in other countries be deported back to DR...the answer is YES. Illegal immingration is wrong no matter who is doing it. Why should people be able to cross a border and stay in a country illegally when there are others in their home countries waiting FOR YEARS. ratio.

do you know how fast people with money get visas?
do you know how long the waiting list is for people without $?
if u were poor and had a once in a lifetime opportunity to try to make a better life for you and ur family, wouldn't you take it?
wouldn't you do everything in your power to ensure your childrens future?
i admire the way people come here illegally in persuit of a dream
how many of you have followed your dreams w/that much courage?
have you heard stories of the journeys illegal immigrants have had to endure?...obviously not!

fundacionera

May 17, 2005
statistics

DRsScarface said:
Quisqueya, Do you actually belive the whole 1/4 ration. That is just rediculous and plain old lying to prove a point. Please show me proof(an up to date source) of the 1/4 ratio.

you people need to start writing down your sources...and the year they're from

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
True Stats

Dominicans in general do not like Haitians, and for good reason.
The Haitians invaded the whole isand at one time and enslaved the Dominicans. That's more than enough reason to not like them.
Why in the world would they want to let illegal Haitians live here, or even legal ones for that matter?
It's tantamount to European countries that were formally occupied by the Germans, being asked to let the Nazis live in their countries.
There's no mystery here.
Let the Haitian government appeal to countries for help that are more receptive to their pleas.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Rocky said:
The Haitians invaded the whole isand at one time and enslaved the Dominicans. That's more than enough reason to not like them.
Why in the world would they want to let illegal Haitians live here, or even legal ones for that matter?
It's tantamount to European countries that were formally occupied by the Germans, being asked to let the Nazis live in their countries.
There's no mystery here.
Let the Haitian government appeal to countries for help that are more receptive to their pleas.

Rocky, the only people who will argue that Haitians should be able to flood into the country as they please are either:

1) Hatian themselves, or

2) Bleeding heart liberals who cant stand to listen to reason if there is any type of racism or stereotyping involved.

The first category is self explainatory and people who fall into the second would quickly change their line of thinking as soon as Hatians move in all around them and the value of their properties plummet or they are the victum of a crime at the hands of a Hatian.

Larry

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Rocky said:
There's no mystery here.

This is totally ridiculous!
Haiti was one island and before 1804, there was no such thing as Dominicans and Haitians!
So how the hell could the Haitians have enslaved the Dominicans?
Accepted or not Haitians and Dominicans have a common heritage...In the south of Haiti most people are light skin (mulatos) or even white, in the North they are darker. When Trujillo came to power, he invited the Germans and the Dutch to rape your grand mother's so he could enlighten the Dominican race.
This is the thru story, the one that Dominicans are so ashamed of, they made every effort possible to burry it.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
You are 100% correct on this one!!!!

iluvdr said:
Haiti was one island and before 1804, there was no such thing as Dominicans and Haitians!
So how the hell could the Haitians have enslaved the Dominicans?
Accepted or not Haitians and Dominicans have a common heritage...In the south of Haiti most people are light skin (mulatos) or even white, in the North they are darker. When Trujillo came to power, he invited the Germans and the Dutch to rape your grand mother's so he could enlighten the Dominican race.
This is the thru story, the one that Dominicans are so ashamed of, they made every effort possible to burry it.
As far Haitians entering DR illegally I dont agree with that but who's fault you think it is they are getting across the border with know problem it has been the DR government fault since the time of Trujillo letting them in and then using them as a scapegoat for all the problems that the DR is facing and alot of you Dominicans are brainwashed(Im sorry to say) since birth to believe that they are the ones causing the problems and they enslaved Dominicans. Wake up and open your eyes :eek: the DR government loves the cheap labor does that remind you of something here in the US with illegal aliens and the US government not doing anything about it.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
ronaldobklyn said:
As far Haitians entering DR illegally I dont agree with that but who's fault you think it is they are getting across the border with know problem it has been the DR government fault since the time of Trujillo letting them in and then using them as a scapegoat for all the problems that the DR is facing and alot of you Dominicans are brainwashed(Im sorry to say) since birth to believe that they are the ones causing the problems and they enslaved Dominicans. Wake up and open your eyes :eek: the DR government loves the cheap labor does that remind you of something here in the US with illegal aliens and the US government not doing anything about it.

Maybe someone can do a movie "A Day without Haitians" in the DR. :p

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Criss Colon said:
The Dominican Republic can send all the Haitians living here illegally back to Haiti,if the USA and all the other countries around the World can send all the illegal Dominicans back to the DR!!!??????The numbers are about the same,1 million or so.Explain why it is OK for the Dominicans to live in another country illegally,but not for the Haitians? You argument lacks merrit!!!

I am not saying it is ok for illegal dominicans to live in other countries and these dominicans do get deported when they get caught and i dont see any other countries feeling pitty when this does happens.

By the way......I would take your offer any time........Just get them Haitians outside before the dominican people send them all back in body bags because they cant take it anymore but you cant hear their cry because you are not living in the border and walking a mile on their shoes.....Maybe when one of them commits a tragedy against your loved ones maybe then you would understand their cries.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
fundacionera said:
how is it that in the usa dominicans are always complaining about racism and about being stereotyped by other races, and yet we have the nerve to do the same to the poor haitians?
how many of you have actually gotten to know a haitian?
in DR my grandfather has haitian workers on his farm, a haitian man in particular comes to mind...this man is VERY hard working and struggles to feed all his children even with a broken arm.

And these are the kind of people that you should be trying to help get their papers together so that they wont get deported.

But Just because we have dominicans that complain about the bad treatment they get outside the DR does not mean that we have to punish the homeland dominicans by letting them get terrorized by unscrupulous motoconcho, sailing boat hijacking Haitian bandits.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Readytogo said:
You know, whether it is morally, legally or ?rightfully? the responsibility of Europe, USA, Russia or Outer Mongolia; don?t matter, Haiti and DR border so DR will bear the brunt of resolving this issue

Not saying right or wrong, just common sense

]You won?t get an appreciable influence from major World Powers UNLESS either country commits some sort of human rights violations, and the only one capable is DR

Kind of stuck between rock and a hard place
We should just invade their entire country and push them straight out to the sea.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Mr_DR said:
And these are the kind of people that you should be trying to help get their papers together so that they wont get deported.

But Just because we have dominicans that complain about the bad treatment they get outside the DR does not mean that we have to punish the homeland dominicans by letting them get terrorized by unscrupulous motoconcho, sailing boat hijacking Haitian bandits.
Mr. DR ... what you are failing to understand is that ethnic cleansing of any kind is flat out wrong, Racism is wrong!, Discrimination is wrong!, just because three or more poor desperate Haitian's commit a crime against any Dominican does not give anyone the right to become a vigilanty! - eventhough the law in the country may not be five star, no one can be above the law...D.R. is a Democracy, this mean's 5,6, or 7 million Haitian's are allowed to live in D.R. but some Dominican brother's have been waiting for something like this to happen so that they would have an excuse to get rid of haitian's in the island, it's funny because not even this incident will accomplish that!!, Our Democratic country is looking bad in the eyes of the international community, because we are known as abusive Human and civil right's violators, to many Dominican's are saying that there is a Haitian problem in the country, but I disagree!! the problem's in the island is all but a Dominican problem... "WHY"! because the politician's are failing to establish
proper educational facilities for one, and education there is optional and not mandatory
lack of education on both sides call's for disaster, uneducated Dominican's don't understand the law, and Haitian's don't understand not to break them!!
I have a enormous amount of compassion for Haitian's in the island, and I have made friend's with many of them out there because, I got to understand them..some were artist, businessmen and intellectual's, other as poor as can be, but you are letting hate cloud your judgement, and you are not thinking clearly, interacting with other culture mean's, understanding them, I'm surprised that there haven't been more killing by Haitian's in the island they have had tremendous tolerance with Dominican hippocrates and racism...but as the oppressed become more desperate and depress, some turn for the worse, and do thing's there not suppose to do.. Thank God that in Puerto Rico they don't commit these attrocities, because God forbid that if one or two nukkle head Dominican kill a Puerto Rican they will become savages and deport or kill hard working law bidding citizen's.
the people that are in charge of civil disobedience like Law enforcement should be ashamed of themselves, and also the savages who are conducting these rallies, once again the D.R. has shown the WORLD there lack of governing there own people and this is all happening while the DR-CAFTA is trying to get past thru an American congress come on people are we serious!!!! Mr.D.R. I am speaking to you as if you were my own brother because eventhough I am a Dominican American these acts are disturbing...I'm sorry my Brother and my beautiful sister's but I was raised another way...

Last edited:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
daddy1 said:
Mr. DR ... what you are failing to understand is that ethnic cleansing of any kind is flat out wrong, Racism is wrong!, Discrimination is wrong!, just because three or more poor desperate Haitian's commit a crime against any Dominican does not give anyone the right to become a vigilanty! - ...
So, cleansing, racism and discrimination is what you call it when a country is deporting it's illegal immigrants that comes from the pleas of poor dominicans to the authorities that they cant stand these haitians anymore stealing their livestocks, crops, murdering shopkeepers and their families, stealing motoconchos and boats?

Just because a country is finally doing something about illegal aliens does not mean that they are racists.......Por mi que deporten a todos que no sean legales just the same way that each country in the world should deport every dominican that is illegal.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
God created the earth! Man created Borders...

Mr_DR said:
So, cleansing, racism and discrimination is what you call it when a country is deporting it's illegal immigrants that comes from the pleas of poor dominicans to the authorities that they cant stand these haitians anymore stealing their livestocks, crops, murdering shopkeepers and their families, stealing motoconchos and boats?

Just because a country is finally doing something about illegal aliens does not mean that they are racists.......Por mi que deporten a todos que no sean legales just the same way that each country in the world should deport every dominican that is illegal.

Borders where created by man! The mere fact of being born in a certain part of the world does not make one, more of a man than another. I personally think that borders are immoral and that we should be moving towards a United America to compete against Europe and Asia. Rather then separating island's that are no bigger then a large US State. As long as there is such inequality among different countries there will be illegal immigration. The mighty US as been powerless to this situation. What makes you think that the DR will be able to do better in containing Haitian illegal immigration? Do you have any idea how long is the Haitian-Dominican border?
Let's face it, if you can't beat them, join them! The DR should be more involved in speeding up the recovery process of Haiti. Not so long ago in the early 1970's Haiti had nothing to envy the DR. There was no massive immigration and business relations where floating among the two neighboring countries. Every one seems to think that they should throw away the towel when it comes to Haiti. May I remind you that the DR's economical growth as really happened in the last 20 year?s? The same can be done for Haiti!
History as showed that the masters of today can become the slaves of tomorrow. Beware that the Haitians never treat there Dominicans compadress the way they where once treated!

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Mr_DR said:

Quit using them as a scape goat for Dominicans problem how about you start with the Dominican government. Its not your fault you feel this way I understand you have been brain washed since birth
by the Trujillo and Balaguer propaganda blaming all of DR's problem on the Haitians onlyif you really knew how evil these men and horrible acts they committed against Dominicans and Haitiians.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
iluvdr said:

I guess you had better pull out your history books and study up a bit.
The only thing that is ridiculous is that you think it's ridiculous.
What the heck do you think the 27th of February celebration is all about?

Juan Pablo (duar'te), founder of the Dominican republic, born in Santo Domingo City early in the present century; died in Venezuela, 15 July 1876. He studied law in Spain, where he was admitted to the bar. While he was studying, the eastern part of the Island of Santo Domingo, which had become independent from Spain, was conquered by the republic of Haiti, which occupied the western part, thus making the Island into a single republic. The Haitians ruled with an iron hand on the conquered part, which was inhabited largely by people of Spanish descent. Duarte, after returning to his native City, conceived the idea of freeing his country, and founded in 1838 "La Trinitaria," a secret society, which soon extended through the Spanish section of the island, and paved the way for national independence. A first attempt to obtain this, made in March 1843, was unsuccessful, and Duarte was compelled to leave the country. On 27 February 1844, another attempt was made, this time a successful one.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Rocky said:

Juan Pablo (duar'te), founder of the Dominican republic, born in Santo Domingo City early in the present century; died in Venezuela, 15 July 1876. He studied law in Spain, where he was admitted to the bar. While he was studying, the eastern part of the Island of Santo Domingo, which had become independent from Spain, was conquered by the republic of Haiti, which occupied the western part, thus making the Island into a single republic. The Haitians ruled with an iron hand on the conquered part, which was inhabited largely by people of Spanish descent. Duarte, after returning to his native City, conceived the idea of freeing his country, and founded in 1838 "La Trinitaria," a secret society, which soon extended through the Spanish section of the island, and paved the way for national independence. A first attempt to obtain this, made in March 1843, was unsuccessful, and Duarte was compelled to leave the country. On 27 February 1844, another attempt was made, this time a successful one.
Let me guess the Haitians enslaved the Dominicans and raped and killed the women in children to hum.... there goes the Trujillo and Balaguer propaganda it will never go away think about it why would a group of people who just fought for their independance enslave another person of color such as there self and treat them harsh. You guys need open your eyes and see how distorted Dominican history is just as American history about these myths and tales that colored people where savages and evil as matter of the most forgiving people are people of color with what has been done to them throught out history. This so called Christopher Columbus is a hero here in the US and Balaguer even built a light house for him in DR yeah he is a great person a rapist muderer and kidnapper and theif you dont hear that side of him.

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
This is what happens when people do not comprehend what they read. Where are you getting this info that haitians conquered the DR. You got to be kidding me!!!!! If that's the case you would be speaking Creole or French. The spanish conquered the eastern part of island and the french colonized the western...Damn, you would think some dominicans living in 1st world countries would advance a little and stop thinking like 3rd world people...What's worse is alot of this propaganda are embedded in your head and think this is true... I guess it was ok for the spaniards to rape and inforce their language upon you..Even till this day you are still considered inferior to "Madre Patria"..

Again, last week some dominican thugs in Spain killed a spaniard and a mob of spaniards beat the living daylights out them and were calling him names "Get those darkies out of my country"... You're not even a "sudaca" which is a deragotary word referring to S. Americans immigrants Spain.

You know I tip my hat to the Spaniards they really did a number on you guys..

Rocky said:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003

Listen they are even deporting legal haitians too..I gaurantee you another Trujillo Massacre will never go without dominicans paying for their consequences...Do you really want a blood bath to spill over on the whole island. The poor haitians are already fed up with the haitian gov't do you want that already intense negative energy to be directed toward dominicans..Think b4 you type..

Besides, most you cowards wont dare go to the DR and start deporting haitians..YOu guys are all talk.. :eek:

See you've already put a sour taste in my mouth towards your people and I assist many immigrants(volunteer work) getting their papers together and shelter but now every dominican that comes to my office that needs help are so close of me taking my wrath out on them because of some comments on this site but then my good heart reminds me that they are just poor people "buscando un mejor futuro" just like my people.....

Think b4 making idiot remarks...

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
iluvdr said:
Borders where created by man! The mere fact of being born in a certain part of the world does not make one, more of a man than another. I personally think that borders are immoral and that we should be moving towards a United America to compete against Europe and Asia.

People on this board(not all) are not ready for these type of conversation and philophies...Yes, I consider myself a "Citizen of the world" too. The great US of A and the rest of the Americas must realize the EU and Asia are trying to dismantle the American way of life which they envy..They even thought of allowing Turkey a poor "Muslim" in their realm but pulled out because of big conflict between Christianity and Muslim followers. Let me stop because half of the dominicans can't even figure out that spain conquered them so I know damn well they have no clue about this 1st world affairs...