Haiti is on the brink of collapse

B

Big

there is only one cause to support in Haiti, "smile train" most others go to politicians

B

Big

Oh god... Here we go again. Yes we all know, Haiti is a sh*thole.
My opinion. Haiti's problems need to be solved by Haitian people
on Haitian soil. International governments/ organizations need to
stop throwing money at this country until they can learn to stop acting
like animals and start acting like civilized people.

I hear ya. its tough though to think clearly when 98% of your diet is rice and yams

S

Sosua Sonny

Haiti is always on the brink of collapse.

God helps those who can help themselves.

M

melphis

I certainly hope the Dominican government takes notice of Haiti's current issues and beefs up security at the boarder. I truly believe the Haitian people have to stand up on their soil and start make the required changes themselves. How many times does the rest of world have to throw good money after bad before actual changes happen.

M

malko

...the bad part about where they are now is... many are in the DR... and much more are coming..what I see is many more every month...…….Doc.....

Yeah bad. Very bad.
Haitians come over to do the jobs dominicans will not do.
Dominicans leave for abroad to do the jobs first world citizens will not do.
Old gringos come over to live in the dr for much cheaper than back home.

Horrible situation........ not.

C

CristoRey

Haitians come over to do the jobs dominicans will not do..

Not all of them are as hard working as you think. A lot of them are involved in illegal activities
and have no desire to put in a hard day's work here in the DR or any other country.

Last edited:
S

Sosua Sonny

Not all of them are as hard working as you think. A lot of them are involved in illegal activities
and have no desire to put in a hard day's work here in the DR or any other country.

In Montreal we are in a big debt of gratitude towards the Haitians.

The great Haitians are the ones who introduced the American Gangs the Bloods and the Crips to our fair city. But not all the Haitian boys joined the Blood and the Crips. Some went straight to be killers for the Italian Mafia.

I tell you Haitians are an asset to every society.

C

CristoRey

I know several Haitians. A few of them I consider to be friends as I know them to
be very good people and trust the advice they've given me when it comes to their
fellow country men.

J

johne

Sosua Sonny;1984018 Some went straight to be killers for the Italian Mafia. [/QUOTE said:
Wow. It's true you learn something new everyday. I'v been Italian all my life and never knew this. Amazing detail about Haitianos. Jiiiiiii you can't make this stuff up you need to read it here first on DR 1.

W

windeguy

Oh god... Here we go again. Yes we all know, Haiti is a sh*thole.
My opinion. Haiti's problems need to be solved by Haitian people
on Haitian soil. International governments/ organizations need to
stop throwing money at this country until they can learn to stop acting
like animals and start acting like civilized people.

The last part of your last sentence is something that is very unlikely to happen because things are beyond the point of no return.

Estrelleta44

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah bad. Very bad.
Haitians come over to do the jobs dominicans will not do.
Dominicans leave for abroad to do the jobs first world citizens will not do.
Old gringos come over to live in the dr for much cheaper than back home.

Horrible situation........ not.

Ohhh look at the poor bleeding heart Humanista de pacotilla.... YOU , people like YOU failed to actually help Haiti and once sh*t hits the fan i don't want to see you fake humanists crying when the Haitians inevitably rush the Dominican border and are met by angry Dominican civilians and military. WE Dominicans are sick and tired of the world trying to push that dead horse onto us and trying to victimize us, like Andres Navarro said " Patience has its limits" and that limit is about to be reached.

As for Dominicans not doing the jobs Haitians did, Would YOU do a job for 100 pesos if you knew that ITS WORTH 800? If these people paid the CORRECT WAGES then we would do said jobs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dhroR31MV0

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Ohhh look at the poor bleeding heart Humanista de pacotilla.... YOU , people like YOU failed to actually help Haiti and once sh*t hits the fan i don't want to see you fake humanists crying when the Haitians inevitably rush the Dominican border and are met by angry Dominican civilians and military. WE Dominicans are sick and tired of the world trying to push that dead horse onto us and trying to victimize us, like Andres Navarro said " Patience has its limits" and that limit is about to be reached.

As for Dominicans not doing the jobs Haitians did, Would YOU do a job for 100 pesos if you knew that ITS WORTH 800? If these people paid the CORRECT WAGES then we would do said jobs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dhroR31MV0

What are the correct wages?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Yeah right..... my fault Haiti is where it is today....

Blame everything on the haitians, whom as you rightly pointed out earn a misery in the dr, instead of admitting that your own politicos are ripping you off. And on a scale that would make haitians seem pale in comparaison, no pun intended ;)

Again and again, pot calls the kettle black. https://dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2019/08/19/dominican-republic-remittances-climb-6-1-to-us3-4b/
https://tradingeconomics.com/haiti/remittances
Its a global village nowadays.......you are always someone else's workforce ( for lack of a more PC term lol )

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Is it true the reason Haiti is a failure because of France strapping them with a debt they can't possibly repay for the Haitian revolution?
That’s part of it. Yes. But more so imho is the classism of who is on top and who is a peon. The rich have very little sympathy for the poor. It’s like Dickensian England where the poor are thought to be at fault for their poverty. Haitican be very cruel to each other. But if an outsider has an opinion they don’t like, fegedaboutit.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
In Montreal we are in a big debt of gratitude towards the Haitians.

The great Haitians are the ones who introduced the American Gangs the Bloods and the Crips to our fair city. But not all the Haitian boys joined the Blood and the Crips. Some went straight to be killers for the Italian Mafia.

I tell you Haitians are an asset to every society.

In Boston where I live the Haitian community is making strides by leaps and bounds. Their kids don’t sass teachers. The parents work. The kids go to college and et degrees. They’ve bought up houses and turned previously Jewish, then African American neighborhoods into Haitian communities. It’s someth to see. Imagine. Equal opportunity. And they thrive. As is usual for immigrants outpacing native born.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The last part of your last sentence is something that is very unlikely to happen because things are beyond the point of no return.

Then may the reap what they've sown.
Anyone ever wonder why we never hear
stories of these "asylum seekers" illegally
crossing the border from places like
Lybia or Sudan into Egypt?

Perhaps the DR should just handle their
border affairs like the Egyptians.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
What are the correct wages?

The "correct wage" for a Dominican was what Dominicans were being paid for these jobs before the Haitians came here illegally and undercut them.

The "correct wage" for a Haitian is to be able to make whatever is enough to be able to eat every day.