Haiti News and Politics

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
https://www.oas.org/en/media_center/press_release.asp?sCodigo=E-045/22
Quote:
..."Instead, this failure has to do with 20 years of erratic political strategy by an international community that was not capable of facilitating the construction of a single institution with the capacity to address the problems facing Haitians. After 20 years, not a single institution is stronger than it was before.

It was under this umbrella provided by the international community that the criminal gangs that today lay siege to the country fermented and germinated, even as the process of deinstitutionalization and political crisis that we see today grew and took shape.

Then, seeing its failure, the international community left Haiti, leaving chaos, destruction, and violence behind."...

And SO
THEY SUGGEST
MORE
INTERVENTION
BY
THE INTERNATIONAL
COMMUNITY
SINCE

well.... the Haitians could not POSSIBLY do it
ON THEIR OWN
since... blah blah blah

This =-=-
Is the sort of thinking that comes from a group of MEN wearing Windsor knot Ties
Sitting around Rectangular Tables
In Rooms with Windows That do Not Open
And Furniture that Outgasses Petrochemicals

WHAT THE HAITIANS ARE ASKING FOR
IS
To
Be
LEFT
ALONE

Thank You

• Love
Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
There you go. Leaving them alone.
America meddles in the ENTIRE world.... but... well... Perhaps we ought to just leave that to China and the EU? I dunno.... we aren't very good at it... I know... mistakes were most certainly made
and probably
NO WHERE on earth has the US and the EU powers made MORE mistakes than in Haiti
(just my opinion-- )

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
America meddles in the ENTIRE world.... but... well... Perhaps we ought to just leave that to China and the EU? I dunno.... we aren't very good at it... I know... mistakes were most certainly made
and probably
NO WHERE on earth has the US and the EU powers made MORE mistakes than in Haiti
(just my opinion-- )
One friend of mine used to argue (when I got all pacifist on him - OK - here are the nuclear states--
(China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, North Korea, Pakistan)
Other states presumed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO member nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Ukraine).

Which FLAG do you want to see coming over the horizon? (In case there IS a horizon still)

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
One friend of mine used to argue (when I got all pacifist on him - OK - here are the nuclear states--
(China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, North Korea, Pakistan)
Other states presumed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO member nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Ukraine).

Which FLAG do you want to see coming over the horizon? (In case there IS a horizon still)
Not sure where you are going with this?
Since all the major powers have been criticized, who should step up to the plate next?
If Haiti wants to be left alone, what is the solution there? Once they get rid of the ineffective people in control, do things just settle down or do the gangs just take over where the rice hoarders left off?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Not sure where you are going with this?
Since all the major powers have been criticized, who should step up to the plate next?
If Haiti wants to be left alone, what is the solution there? Once they get rid of the ineffective people in control, do things just settle down or do the gangs just take over where the rice hoarders left off?
The answer to that question is WAY ABOVE my pay grade....

Here is the former US Ambassador - who resigned in protest

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
It is VERY TRUE That ARIEL HENRY is the prime suspect in the murder of Moise
That it was simply a "palace" coup - since none of the body guards were shot ---
Also true that there is NO functioning government
Also true that ALL
the protests are calling for
HENRY to RESIGN
And LEAVE
Also True that HENRY is ONLY in PLACE
Because he is supported by the "International" community

Who are
Clearly
Very
Very
Very
Stupid

Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Perhaps they do not read French?
or Kreyole?
Or have not been watching?
Or don't give a damn?

Or WHAT?
Exactly - could account for a call for ELECTIONS?? in a country that has NO credible GOVERNMENT
No Electoral Council
No Voting Cards

Honestly
Dan Foote
appears to be the ONLY
one who actually GETs it!