Haitian Arrested in Sosúa Beach Caught on Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I was expecting the response, it is always the same ..if you can not see that the commentary did not say just a man or even a dark skinned man but it deliberately said it was a Haitian although there is no evidence that he was Haitian and in fact he was saying porque which is Spanish.no porquoi which is French ..one step further is that deliberately tries to link the filming with Haitians although there is absolutely no evidence. The video goes to lengths to try to get the viewers to believe that this single man who resisted being arrested was Haitian .. and how do you identify a Haitian..dark skin!!
Definitely a Haitian, and not because OF HIS COLOR, BUT HIS ACCENT. You are really reaching Mr Woke.

Reactions: Big, NALs and jd426

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I was expecting the response, it is always the same ..if you can not see that the commentary did not say just a man or even a dark skinned man but it deliberately said it was a Haitian although there is no evidence that he was Haitian and in fact he was saying porque which is Spanish.no porquoi which is French ..one step further is that deliberately tries to link the filming with Haitians although there is absolutely no evidence. The video goes to lengths to try to get the viewers to believe that this single man who resisted being arrested was Haitian .. and how do you identify a Haitian..dark skin!!
Maybe you don't know Spanish very well?

I've been in situations in which I've been able to detect the nationality of someone simply by their accent and English-speakers that witness that remain perplexed how that was done. Until it became obvious they are not able to detect the various accents in Spanish, they thought it was a wild guess. One time correctly pinpointed at someone as being Brazilian (intentionally not Portuguese), told the guy he's probably from Brazil and he correctly affirmed from Minas Gerais. The kicker, he wasn't speaking Portuguese but his accent gave away his origin.

It's kind of dumb to even imply that all the Haitians in the video were identified as Haitian, but no one said the two Politur and the civilian that entervened were Haitians too. Care to explain why? Color of their skin? Yeah, right!

Last edited:
Reactions: Big and jd426

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Driving my car at 80 km/h in DR I can tell who is Haitian and who is Dominican on the side of the road.

I am talking about the Cibao areas, the East Coast that is a different scenario, I didn't know there was so many black Dominican until I went to San Pedro de Macorís.

JJ

Reactions: jd426

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
You're kidding right? Very easy to distinguish the nationality.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Maybe you don't know Spanish very well?

I've been in situations in which I've been able to detect the nationality of someone simply by their accent and English-speakers that witness that remain perplexed how that was done. Until it became obvious they are not able to detect the various accents in Spanish, they thought it was a wild guess. One time correctly pinpointed at someone as being Brazilian (intentionally not Portuguese), told the guy he's probably from Brazil and he correctly affirmed from Minas Gerais. The kicker, he wasn't speaking Portuguese but his accent gave away his origin.

It's kind of dumb to even imply that all the Haitians in the video were identified as Haitian, but no one said the two Politur and the civilian that entervened were Haitians too. Care to explain why? Color of their skin? Yeah, right!
This video was placed on this site because the man who was being held was identified by the poster as being Haitian ,,if he had been a Dominican I doubt if the video would have been made or shown here . I suppose that I do not know Spanish or French that well , but after 70 years speaking both I am learning !! just as I am learning prejudices against Haitians after living here some 30 years . I feel sad that the great generous heart of Angela Merkel in allowing severely suffering non Germans refuge in her country has not set an example for people living in the DR. Enough said.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This video was placed on this site because the man who was being held was identified by the poster as being Haitian ,,if he had been a Dominican I doubt if the video would have been made or shown here . I suppose that I do not know Spanish or French that well , but after 70 years speaking both I am learning !! just as I am learning prejudices against Haitians after living here some 30 years . I feel sad that the great generous heart of Angela Merkel in allowing severely suffering non Germans refuge in her country has not set an example for people living in the DR. Enough said.
You definitely need to give up pretending to be a fortune teller because you are very horribke at it. Either that or the crystal ball you're using is broken. Maybe is age? Mental issues?

Maybe if you hit it lightly your broken crystal ball will work the way it should.

In the mean time, I think I need to make an appointment with an eye doctor, because the threads linked appear to be of Dominicans but according to Kippling these shouldn't be here or maybe they are all Haitians. Not only that, but I can't see a single post of Kippling in any of those threads and those are only a few. I'm sure they are there. Maybe Kippling can help me out and point where are your posts in those thread? Could it be a case of "you-are-wrong?"

Most importantly, explain to everyone how can a "good Spanish speaker" not be able to detect different accents?

Let us know in all of this, Kippling.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess if you look hard enough for something and expect to find it, you will. The Dominican police arrest lots of Dominicans. Some of them are very dark. Does that mean they are being racist or just that the dark-skinned Dominican broke a law. Haitians come into the DR to survive or to take advantage of Dominican generosity. Not all of them are law abiding good citizens.

Reactions: jd426 and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
you forgot what site you are on. there are on authorities on everything here ...🙄
it does not take a skilled eye to see the P.D was arresting a man and he was resisting arrest. It further shows they were not using excessive force, as jd426 indicated

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
it does not take a skilled eye to see the P.D was arresting a man and he was resisting arrest. It further shows they were not using excessive force, as jd426 indicated
What are they supposed to do if he resists? Let him go? Want to see excessive force look North of here..............

Reactions: Aguaita29 and jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What are they supposed to do if he resists? Let him go? Want to see excessive force look North of here..............
??? They are absolutely NOT supposed to let him go and I did not insinuate such. They are to take him to jail and before a judge.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
??? They are absolutely NOT supposed to let him go and I did not insinuate such. They are to take him to jail and before a judge.
Who said they should let him go. Understand sarcasm? I am agreeing with you...........

Reactions: jd426 and Big

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Driving my car at 80 km/h in DR I can tell who is Haitian and who is Dominican on the side of the road.
You sound like the police/Immigration guys who have now arrested and imprisoned my Dominican friend now three times in the last few weeks for "looking Haitian", despite showing her Dominican cedula.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I can understand FEELING like a Victim, or even being a Professional Victim .. hey , people want others to feel sorry for them..

but I will never in my life understand how someone wants to play the Victim card for another person, without knowing the details of the scenario ..

I have a quick story , which fits this exact scenario .. but with some Dominican Corner Moto guys , not Haitians .
Maybe the Mods will delete this .but here it goes anyway ..

Was walking back to the Hotel Late one night , from drinking . and I see 3 or more Police guys beating these 2 moto Guys , on the corner I dont want to say where specifically.
The one guy is getting beat up good ,and crying/ screaming for help , but as I was getting closer as they were directly in my path , i could see he was just more or less loudly complaining , not really bloody or anything ..just catching a beating for some shit he did ..

Know what I did when I walked past them .. I did not say a word .. I minded my own Business ,and continued on my way to the Hotel .

Point of the story . the NEXT Night ,, I see those same 2 dudes who got beat up, on their motos, no worse for the wear .
Know what they said to me .. " Buenas " - Good evening ....and nodded their heads.
They actually appreciated me NOT opening my big fat Tourist Mouth ... cuz they probably would have gotten a WORSE beating then .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Looks Haitian and so they treat her as Haitian even though she has a cédula.
And yet people are ok with that. :rolleyes:

It takes a skilled eye to watch the video to see how the police handled the actual tactical aspects of arrest to know it could have been handled better.
Some people need to stick to their expertise on open pit mining cause the don't know jack about enforcement of the law on tactical street level.
As in any profession there are those who handle their business professionally and those that could use improvement.

I also keep my mouth shut when I see the police operating.

Reactions: drstock

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You sound like the police/Immigration guys who have now arrested and imprisoned my Dominican friend now three times in the last few weeks for "looking Haitian", despite showing her Dominican cedula.
She is 100 percent Haitian descent, regardless of her citizenship, correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.