Haitian Arrested in Sosúa Beach Caught on Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Looks Haitian and so they treat her as Haitian even though she has a cédula.
And yet people are ok with that. :rolleyes:

It takes a skilled eye to watch the video to see how the police handled the actual tactical aspects of arrest to know it could have been handled better.
Some people need to stick to their expertise on open pit mining cause the don't know jack about enforcement of the law on tactical street level.
As in any profession there are those who handle their business professionally and those that could use improvement.

I also keep my mouth shut when I see the police operating.
Yep, I am ok with that. Perhaps after the second time she would have learned not to be in certain areas at certain times, and perhaps surrounded by Haitians.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
She is 100 percent Haitian descent, regardless of her citizenship, correct.
I don't see why I have to explain the whole family tree to you, but her mother was Haitian and I understand her father "dark" Dominican. That's why she has a Dominican cedula and passport. If that's not good enough for you, you had better take it up with the authorities who issued the legal citizenship status, including cedula and passport. The fact remains that because of her appearance she has been arrested and detained (imprisoned) three times. She has been ill since her last imprisonment, currently undergoing tests for dengue.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Yep, I am ok with that. Perhaps after the second time she would have learned not to be in certain areas at certain times, and perhaps surrounded by Haitians.
The first time passing the police station in Sabaneta by herself. The second time getting off the gua gua in Puerto Plata with her son, going for a medical analyiis. The third time waiting by herself for me to pick her up in Sosua because I had told her the only safe way to travel was in my car. She had been to an appointment at the fiscalia over her children's father's non payment of child expenses. Is that enough detail for you?

Oh, and the times were all around the middle of the day.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The first time passing the police station in Sabaneta by herself. The second time getting off the gua gua in Puerto Plata with her son, going for a medical analyiis. The third time waiting by herself for me to pick her up in Sosua because I had told her the only safe way to travel was in my car. She had been to an appointment at the fiscalia over her children's father's non payment of child expenses. Is that enough detail for you?

Tut tut tut........ she should know her place in society : if you have a dominican parent and a haitian parent, you are only allowed out between 0800 and 0900. And an extra hour on weekends between 1700 and 1800.
Also she is only allowed on certain guaguas, and then, only in the back row.

Everything posted on DR1 by a boomer is Gospel and the Constitution is promptly modified, you should know that.

/s......... for the slow ones 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
:rolleyes: 🥱
Tut tut tut........ she should know her place in society : if you have a dominican parent and a haitian parent, you are only allowed out between 0800 and 0900. And an extra hour on weekends between 1700 and 1800.

Everything posted on DR1 by a boomer is Gospel and the Constitution is promptly modified, you should know that.

Thank you my man. I could not have said it more accurately or more eloquently than that.
I don't see why I have to explain the whole family tree to you...
You don't Bro.
But thank you for explaining it to us and pointing out how some wear blinders in here that prevent them from knowing their facts from opinions.
Educate the educator (not that is is going to any good).:sneaky:
She was arrested and detained in a prison cell. The third time, overnight, and not released until she paid a "propina". Being detained in a cell is imprisoned in my book.
It most certainly is‼️

Reactions: drstock

Big

Apr 24, 2019
OK, I watched the video again. The man was in fact resisting arrest and it appears that he was screaming to make a scene. Maybe he thought if he made a big enough scene in a tourist area, they would let him go. They did not! Kudos to the P.D !

Reactions: jd426

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't see why I have to explain the whole family tree to you, but her mother was Haitian and I understand her father "dark" Dominican. That's why she has a Dominican cedula and passport. If that's not good enough for you, you had better take it up with the authorities who issued the legal citizenship status, including cedula and passport. The fact remains that because of her appearance she has been arrested and detained (imprisoned) three times. She has been ill since her last imprisonment, currently undergoing tests for dengue.
I am sure she has a different accent, just for the way she looks like is not enough reason to jailed overnight... There are millions Dominicans of African complexion.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There is doing your job...then there is doing your job well.

Of course resisting arrest alone is not grounds for not arresting someone.
Well trained officers are given the tools to handle the situation.
Experienced officers know how to handle a real hands on flowing tactical situation on the street.

Even those that may be good at the profession they know may not understand professional situations that the don't.
This statement would apply to the majority of people commenting on the police action.
But their opinions do give me a 😂

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Dominican Republic steps up Haitian deportations, raising tensions​

An educated man with vision. He is not afraid to make the tough calls.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

How would you know who her parents are.?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Guess she just has bad luck. I live beside a barrio full of Haitians, with lots of police traffic. I can see a lot from my second story balcony and all my cameras. The police don't harass the Haitians. Immigration does their thing about once a month and half the Haitians are hidden by Dominicans.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Well my Mother told me last week that she was the only Dominican in carro público, other than her the driver and four passengers were Haitians.
What about that?

JJ

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Guess she just has bad luck. I live beside a barrio full of Haitians, with lots of police traffic. I can see a lot from my second story balcony and all my cameras. The police don't harass the Haitians. Immigration does their thing about once a month and half the Haitians are hidden by Dominicans.
Same here.

My Dominican housecleaner has 20 Haitians working at her block factory. Not only do the police not bother them, but immigration has never messed with them either, even though they have picked up other Haitians in the same area.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I am sure she has a different accent, just for the way she looks like is not enough reason to jailed overnight... There are millions Dominicans of African complexion.

JJ
It's Haitians committing fraud like this guy that ruins it for her. Until the aurhorities aren't able to detect if a Dominican cédula is real or not, looking lime a typical Haitian will be a factor in whether they decides to arrest someone or not for migration purposes.

ACE6CC66-DC6C-4638-94B7-7DAFFEBD0003.jpeg

Here is another one. She is one of the 83 Haitians declared by a Haitian priest in the Mao area (Valverde) as if they were his kids. To make matters worse, he used his own fake cédula to declare the Haitians as Dominicans (which voids any Dominican documents gained from that since it's parting from a fake document.)
873DB8AC-EDCA-4BDD-9C61-B1F5881F8CC4.jpeg

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I am quite pleased to see the police were professional here. I've seen too many times in the capital the police get their sticks out and whack the sh!t out of Haitians even whey they are complying with arrest. So it's good to see that they seem to have had some training. It's just a shame that they let the guy lie down and get away from them. I don't think police in the US would have allowed that to happen. I presume they were armed and wonder why they didn't at least threaten the guy with their guns.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I am quite pleased to see the police were professional here. I've seen too many times in the capital the police get their sticks out and whack the sh!t out of Haitians even whey they are complying with arrest. So it's good to see that they seem to have had some training. It's just a shame that they let the guy lie down and get away from them. I don't think police in the US would have allowed that to happen. I presume they were armed and wonder why they didn't at least threaten the guy with their guns.
he is handcuffed on ground with crocodile tears..

Reactions: cavok and jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Has nothing to do with the arrest in the video....
Or can you tell us something different that we don't know from just watching it ❓
It has EVERYTHING to do with that video. It is the policies of the DR Government that led to the video.................

Dominican Republic steps up Haitian deportations, raising tensions​

Reactions: jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.