Haitian Arrested in Sosúa Beach Caught on Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Guess she just has bad luck. I live beside a barrio full of Haitians, with lots of police traffic. I can see a lot from my second story balcony and all my cameras. The police don't harass the Haitians. Immigration does their thing about once a month and half the Haitians are hidden by Dominicans.
Of course they are. who else will do all the heavy lifting in construction

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It has EVERYTHING to do with that video. It is the policies of the DR Government that led to the video.................

Dominican Republic steps up Haitian deportations, raising tensions​

They are Politur who have arrested him, not Migracion. Politur (and the PN) never do anything about deporting illegal Haitians, there are plenty of Haitians buzzing around Bavaro and the Colonial Zone, both of which come under Politur, and they ignore them. The only ones sticking them onto trucks heading west are Migracion.

I would suspect that this guy has done something to end up being arrested by them.

Reactions: mountainannie

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
They are Politur who have arrested him, not Migracion. Politur (and the PN) never do anything about deporting illegal Haitians, there are plenty of Haitians buzzing around Bavaro and the Colonial Zone, both of which come under Politur, and they ignore them. The only ones sticking them onto trucks heading west are Migracion.

I would suspect that this guy has done something to end up being arrested by them.
Maria, is Politur the tourist police?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Dominican Republic steps up Haitian deportations, raising tensions​

On a bit of a tangent, hopefully not too OT, we were in an Uber the other day in a reasonably shady part of the capital, and there was a roadblock with migracion cops. They stopped us and said to the driver that they were looking for foreigners who were illegally in the country and he wanted everyone to step out of the vehicle and open the trunk. I said Oh OK, let me get my Cedula reaching for my purse. And the cops just started giggling and saying how funny it was that the rubia thought she had to show she was legal. I'm sure if I'd been with a Dominican with a dark complexion they would have wanted to see their papers though, even though clearly I was the foreigner.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
On a bit of a tangent, hopefully not too OT, we were in an Uber the other day in a reasonably shady part of the capital, and there was a roadblock with migracion cops. They stopped us and said to the driver that they were looking for foreigners who were illegally in the country and he wanted everyone to step out of the vehicle and open the trunk. I said Oh OK, let me get my Cedula reaching for my purse. And the cops just started giggling and saying how funny it was that the rubia thought she had to show she was legal. I'm sure if I'd been with a Dominican with a dark complexion they would have wanted to see their papers though, even though clearly I was the foreigner.
There are many white Dominicans, whiter than me and I am pretty white. It isn't the color, it is the facial features.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It has EVERYTHING to do with that video. It is the policies of the DR Government that led to the video.................

Dominican Republic steps up Haitian deportations, raising tensions

:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with policies of the 🇩🇴 GOV.
But your post has everything to do with your opinions.
Do have any facts to add to discussion❓

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They probably laugh as hard when a dark complexion person says they left their cedula at home. :cool:

Reactions: MariaRubia

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And there ARE white illegals in DR. Plenty of white foreigners have overstayed, sometimes by years. Guess that’s not who they’re concerned about.
Thank you. All the noise on this thread about PN, Migracion, Poliltur, etc. is happening strictly to HAITIANS. It is because of the policy of the Dominican Government to send them back. PERIOD................And for anyone that really thinks it is a coincidence, I have a Bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...............

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
And there ARE white illegals in DR. Plenty of white foreigners have overstayed, sometimes by years. Guess that’s not who they’re concerned about.
This is more or less my point . Throughout this country there is a hatred of Haitians that is quite unhealthy. On this site, there are North Americans boasting that they are here illegally and there are many thousands of Venezuelans living here illegally yet the total concentration is against Haitians and any story that blames a Haitian for some reason is roundly applauded. Arrests of other races are not much news but an arrest of an Haitian gets publicity . I doubt if it would upset me if the Haitian people were able to care for themselves but it seems most are living a life in hell.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
This is more or less my point . Throughout this country there is a hatred of Haitians that is quite unhealthy. On this site, there are North Americans boasting that they are here illegally and there are many thousands of Venezuelans living here illegally yet the total concentration is against Haitians and any story that blames a Haitian for some reason is roundly applauded. Arrests of other races are not much news but an arrest of an Haitian gets publicity . I doubt if it would upset me if the Haitian people were able to care for themselves but it seems most are living a life in hell.

It has to be somebody's fault that life is hard/💩 for a majority of dominicans, right ?

Haitians fit the narrative nicely...... we wouldn't want the common dominican to wake up and see that the politicians and the wealthy are bending them over backwards, would we ?

Reactions: mountainannie

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is much easier logistically and cheaper to deport Haitians than it is foreigners from countries further afield. I suspect non Haitian foreigners nabbed for committing a crime may be deported but those who do not come to the attention of the authorities are ignored until they are not.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is much easier logistically and cheaper to deport Haitians than it is foreigners from countries further afield. I suspect non Haitian foreigners nabbed for committing a crime may be deported but those who do not come to the attention of the authorities are ignored until they are not.
If you were the DR Govt. who would you rather have in your Country, people that are SPENDING MONEY or ones that have NO MONEY? .................Get a dose of reality instead of posting USELESS rhetoric folks................It is what it is, and it's not going to change anytime soon.........

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Thank you. All the noise on this thread about PN, Migracion, Poliltur, etc. is happening strictly to HAITIANS. It is because of the policy of the Dominican Government to send them back. PERIOD................And for anyone that really thinks it is a coincidence, I have a Bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...............
Yes it's about pacific invasion, DR doesn't get other ethnicity group migration by the millions.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I know a lot of Dominicans, and I don't know one that hates Haitians. I think you are being deliberately obtuse. It is all about the history of Haitian invasion and the current massive overflow of Haitians that think it is their right to come to the DR. NUMBERS, NUMBERS, NUMBERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.