Haitian-Sankie Bavaro Dominican Republic

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
it's not the Sankies, it's the Cougars who employ them..

...Hopefully you have enough money left in your sankified bank account to join the gym, take off that baby fat, and find a nice guy back home..

This will not happen.

There are Men and Women who don't equate their failure to attract the opposite sex to any action or lack, thereof on their part. These people will never find happiness in romantic liasons because they don't take responsibility for themselves on the most basic level.

I have seen otherwise unattractive people find a style which suits them and complimants whatever their best features might be, maximizing their physicality by eating right and taking care of themselves, paying attention to detail until they become attractive. We have all seen physically attractive people lose all their grace and beauty as soon as they open their mouths as well as those who simply "let themselves go" at relatively young ages.

I don't think our OP will return because she won't like what she sees in the mirror. Of course villifying some opportunistic, undereducated young Man with only one skill is her way of shifting the blame for her condition. He has served not only as a physical therapist but also as her emotional therapist and his compensation was well deserved.

She can now take the well deserved and very expensive lesson which she learned and begin a search for the real beauty which lies under her surface, amplify it and compliment it with a proper approach to nutrition and exercise and a positive attitude. After a few months of work on this she will have recouped the money she spent on this lesson and can use it to buy a (smaller) wardrobe to compliment her improved physique. This small self gratifying gesture will inspire her to keep up the good work and continue her self improvement and as her physical and emotional self assessment appreciates and her waistline depreciates she can plan her next vacation...this time taking her sand to the beach with her. This is the only realistic path if she wishes to continue to live the dream even after the vacation is over.

Most, sadly will continue down the same path, complaining about how they get "taken advantage of" and not doing a damn thing to alter the paradigm. That's why there are "Sankies".

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Well I'm not going to even lie I'm 27 and lets just say when I go down to Santo Domingo I have no problem meeting up with some hot girls, buying them drinks practicing dancing merengue and bachata and taking them back to the hotel! I've found that most girls will appreciate them essentially having their entire night paid for; I've never paid for a girls night out taken her home and had her charge me!!

But I think David is right, most (all) men know what the deal is with some of the girls; I don't keep contact information and I damn sure won't be sending any western unions or paying for someone else's baby whereas women generally are mroe susceptible to falling for that sanky crap. I've also heard that many sanky are also bugarones, I wonder if they can get men to send them money even after they've left... just a random thought lol!

OK, Shawn but do you meet such hot women as easily in the States ?
Trust me these women were hoping for more than a few drinks and awkward bachata moves...

I know David is right, but there are many many male tourists who fall for the same BS.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Well, Dread, I still don't understand how you guys can make all these assumptions about the way the OP looks. It is very simplistic to say the least.......

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Trust me these women were hoping for more than a few drinks and awkward bachata moves...

I know David is right, but there are many many male tourists who fall for the same BS.

Many do fall for the charms of Dominican and Haitian women, but I think they seem to be more accepting of the reality of what they are involved in. That's not to say there aren't many men who are kidding themselves each time they send their "girlfriends" Western Union or bring them lavish gifts...but I also don't think it's just because they're less vocal when they feel they were deceived...I think they're just more accepting of it and willing to say....

...wait for it....

...NEXT!!!

:bunny:

shawn27

May 24, 2010

IMO it's EASIER to meet girls in Miami. You are making presumptions about me. I am mixed w/ blk and white so my dance moves are hardly awkward, lollll! I've taken merengue and bachata dances so I know how to dance it! Besides, I am not narcissistic but I work out, just finished grad school and have a lot to offer ANY woman and am proud of my achievments, so I am hardly the "ugly duckling" that can't get any play in my home country.

The difference between me and these men and women that sankies and bugarones prey on is that I exude self confidence and have no problem going down to DR not just for the women but to appreciate the culture and DR itself... As for us assuming what the OP looks like read the original post she has already described herself.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Well I'm not going to even lie I'm 27 and lets just say when I go down to Santo Domingo I have no problem meeting up with some hot girls, buying them drinks practicing dancing merengue and bachata and taking them back to the hotel! I've found that most girls will appreciate them essentially having their entire night paid for; I've never paid for a girls night out taken her home and had her charge me!!

But I think David is right, most (all) men know what the deal is with some of the girls; I don't keep contact information and I damn sure won't be sending any western unions or paying for someone else's baby whereas women generally are mroe susceptible to falling for that sanky crap. I've also heard that many sanky are also bugarones, I wonder if they can get men to send them money even after they've left... just a random thought lol!

You are being set up for the long game. The "hot girls" you meet up with are hoping to get under your skin and if you don't keep moving you will become the dreaded WU novio. Keep it moving and you will be fine. "Hot girls" or not, if they're out at the clubs looking for gringos to party with instead of at home with their babies you are the target of a hustle. The desperate ones play the short game and the confident ones play the long game....or maybe you're just so personable and smooth that they forget all about the reason they got dressed up, left their kids with somebody and went out to the club in the first place. Yeah that's it...that's the ticket.

Women are more susceptible because they tend to place a higher value on the romantic aspect of intimate encounter than their male counterparts who merely prefer that their partners be "hot girls" and whose primary interests are of a physical nature. That's just the way we're wired.

A guy who sells sex for money sells sex to whomever has the money to pay him. It's pretty much the same with Women. Time for money. If those guys can get guys to send them WU do you think they won't? Money knows no gender or sexual preference. It's just another working day to them.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Africaida,

It desn't matter what they were hoping for. The goal is that you get what you want without getting sucked into the sanky world. I still cannot fathom how people send money, end up getting financially drained etc. I think it has more to do with the actual tourists than the sanky. The tourist has to know what's going on but doesn't want to believe it.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
IMO it's EASIER to meet girls in Miami. You are making presumptions about me. I am mixed w/ blk and white so my dance moves are hardly awkward, lollll! I've taken merengue and bachata dances so I know how to dance it! Besides, I am not narcissistic but I work out, just finished grad school and have a lot to offer ANY woman and am proud of my achievments, so I am hardly the "ugly duckling" that can't get any play in my home country.

Ok, don't get mad papi chulo ;) Just to show how everyone is making presumptions about the OP or any female posters on DR1.

The difference between me and these men and women that sankies and bugarones prey on is that I exude self confidence and have no problem going down to DR not just for the women but to appreciate the culture and DR itself... As for us assuming what the OP looks like read the original post she has already described herself.

Where? seriously, she just described her Haitian stud.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Well, Dread, I still don't understand how you guys can make all these assumptions about the way the OP looks. It is very simplistic to say the least.......

You're right. My view of these people (both Men and Women) is very simplistic and I can't wait for one to prove me wrong. I've seen it too many times. You should have seen the "cherry boys" line up to be used at Clark AFB, Subic Bay, Osan, Howard, Ramey, U Tapao and just about every place else that Sam sends dumas GI's to learn about "love". There's WU remittances going to a whole lot of places besides the DR. It's always happening to the same type. Simplistically speaking.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
You are being set up for the long game.

Greydread, how can I be set up for the long game if there is no longevity? I have been there twice and will probably go back this labor day weekend. I don't give out my contact information, it all ends in DR. There's NO WAY I would ever get convinced to giving una dominicana money to support her. NO WAY!!!

What happens in DR stays in DR. I'm a clinical psychologist so the mind games definitely do not work with me! I do agree with you however that looks do not matter, money is money. Def agree with that.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"Bigger" meaning FAT??

Bigger white ladies beware of a 6'2' 27 year old Haitian born man working in Bavaro, Dominican Republic. He is a sociopath-no heart-no conscience.. At first he will be very charming and attentive, making you feel very special, telling you everything you ever wanted to hear from a man, but soon he will leave you with a broken heart and an empty wallet. You will think you are the only woman in his life, but trust me there are always 4-5 at one time. He is very Suave-smooth!!! Be careful..

You can say a mouthful with a few well chosen words.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
There's NO WAY I would ever get convinced to giving una dominicana money to support her. NO WAY!!!

What happens in DR stays in DR.

This I believe.

I do the same. I give them everything I can give them while I am there but once I am gone until the next time.

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
,,,,whoops, everybody jumped at the same time.

Short synopsis...the obviously attractive guy spent some very "attentive" time with Miss low self esteem and made her feel "very special".

How much is that worth?

I'd be interested to know what she spent so we can quantify this service.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
My bad, my bad, I just saw it. DUH !

Sunnie are you still around ? By Big, did you mean curvaceous or 300 lbs big ? Help me out here :)

I don't agree with those that say you deserved it, although I still don't understand how men/women fall so easily....

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
the obviously attractive guy spent some very "attentive" time with Miss low self esteem and made her feel "very special".

Sounds like the typical Sanky, animation member.

I feel sorry for these types of ladies. I don't think they deserve this but a lesson learned.

Oh well, not my problem!!!

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Africaida I don't understand either unless it's low self esteem, non street savvy etc. I tink this topic is pretty much exhausted, I'll get close with saying if I'm into the girl I'll pay for meals, drinks etc and we'll have a good time but it ends there- no western unions, paying for college all that nonsense. Enough said!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Not every female tourists that step on a plane is a ugly, old , overweight woman.

Is that the way you view women from your old country ? Unless you are unconsciously describing yourself...;)

Plus, most sankys have seen were not all that, some were even butt ugly.

Same for male tourists, I have seen plenty with ugly dominicanas or haitianas, these chicas just happened to walk around half-naked with the tightest clothes you will ever find, that's it !

The reality is that sankies are just smooth talker con-artist who would prey on anyone in hope of a visa and/or dollars.

Ugly Dominicans or haitians!! What the heck does that mean?:ermm: that all Haitians are bad?

FYI, not all Haitians girls are hookers in Sosua and Boca Chica..

Now for the op, do you shop at lane bryant?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Two years ago I saw in Santiago the "Asociacion de cueros independientes de La Plaza Valerio" (Slots syndicate) were striking because the illegals Haitian slots were taking their jobs as they were doing the job for very low fees.
I can see this coming soon with the Sankies associations.

JJ