Haitians at USA/Mexico border

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Apparently, these people are going to be happy to land in Port-au-Prince. Lets look at the bright side. At least they visited several countries during the last few months. Most people in Haiti never leave Haiti for anything during the course of their lives and much less Haitians get to be in several countries.
What if they where away from Haiti for years. I know bad luck but still.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Apparently, these people are going to be happy to land in Port-au-Prince. Lets look at the bright side. At least they visited several countries during the last few months. Most people in Haiti never leave Haiti for anything during the course of their lives and much less Haitians get to be in several countries.
One can only imagine what it's going to be like for many of them. And injecting thousands of them back into the local populace won't make things any better.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some will succeed in crossing the border into the US. Most will fail. I'm sad for those that fail because they will have wasted what little resources they have.

For those that succeed, I hope they work hard in whatever job they can get.
I am against illegal immigration. To any country.

People from poor countries have NO valid claim to asylum in the USA. Being from a poor country does not qualify one for asylum.
For once, PINO BIden is doing the correct thing in deporting illegals.

Haiti is asking for it to stop, but it should not stop:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What if they where away from Haiti for years. I know bad luck but still.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It is irrelevant how long illegal immigrants have been away from their home countries. That is where they should be sent back to.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
One can only imagine what it's going to be like for many of them. And injecting thousands of them back into the local populace won't make things any better.
It will be like yet another disaster in Haiti

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Let's put it in really simple terms. What did they expect to happen? A welcome wagon with gifts?
They had to know.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I think the reality is that these people are those with money. The poorer Haitians are the ones sneaking over the border to DR. The richer ones can afford a plane ticket and to pay for false papers or people to help them make it to the border. It's the same the world over, those with most resources are usually the ones who make these long journeys, the poorer ones can't afford to get out.
Okay, but if they have the money, why not just fly to Miami?

Reactions: aarhus

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I certainly think it’s a Haiti and even DR issue. It’s incredible so many got there. With zero money. Seeing the pictures is really shocking.
As those Haitians are being sent back to Haiti......where do you think they will go next?...A good hint would be for about a $400 pesos bribe they are let into the DR...........

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
the Prime Minister of Haiti, Ariel Henry...called on the national union to "give the country a chance...
"As we renew our full solidarity with them, we want to assure them that measures have already been taken to offer them a better welcome upon their return to the country," he continued.

Did he actually say that with a straight face?
Is that the guy the Haitian courts want to charge with the murder of the President?............

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015

Why the Huge Illegal Alien Camp Formed in Del Rio​

A surprising explanation from the migrants​

To find the answer, this writer came to Ciudad Acuna, the city through which the migrants had passed to form the encampment and asked several dozen of them what happened.

The surprising answer, which the migrants provided independently in different places and at different times, was universal: on Sunday, September 12, the Mexican government effectively sent a mass of migrants it had bottled up for months in its southern states up to the American border. This move, which appears to have been done under the cover of Mexico's independence week of celebration known as El Grito, essentially foisted a humanitarian problem onto the Americans in a single week........................

A nonstop cavalcade of buses on the Mexico side and now on the Del Rio side

The migrant interviews comport with the arrivals of bus after bus here in Acuna, about every 15 minutes all day long every day for a week, local business owners said. At the main city station, CIS witnessed buses pull in and empty out passengers who all appeared to be migrants.

Mostly Haitians then gathered their children and belongings and headed out to the surrounding streets looking for taxi cabs to the river a mile or two away. Every migrant that CIS spoke to said they had just come from the Tapachula area.

Several said they would not stay in town at all but would go immediately to the main river crossing, which CIS found thronged by thousands of migrants coming and going, freely, via a barely submerged cement water-control dam that led to the Texas side.

At the Texas camp, as CIS has reported, Border Patrol agents issue numbered carnival-type tickets, taking a place in a line expected to last for weeks.

Many are now boarding yet more buses inside the camp, these ones provided by DHS to take them to Border Patrol processing stations. Some may be deported. But most likely will spend a day or two until they get temporary resident permits and a date to appear at an American immigration office in the city of their choice. Then under current Biden policies for families and unaccompanied minors, a great many will be released to travel anywhere in America, boarding yet more buses to those cities and towns.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It is strange. Normally it’s difficult and expensive to get that far. One of articles above mention a Cuban family paying usd 12,000 I think. That is also what I have heard before between 10,000-20,000. All these Haitians couldn’t have gotten there without paying or help.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It is strange. Normally it’s difficult and expensive to get that far. One of articles above mention a Cuban family paying usd 12,000 I think. That is also what I have heard before between 10,000-20,000. All these Haitians couldn’t have gotten there without paying or help.
Remember though this is not a 2 or 3 week trip. Many, like my friend, have been in Chile or Brazil for years and have saved money. They find someone to guide them to Mexico and then they find someone else to take them to the USA border.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I th
Likely because they don't have a valid visa and cannot even board a flight without one.

But certainly someone/somehow has/is funding the estimated 12,000 at the border.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I think what Sailor means is that the category of Haitians with money, or socalled rich and there can’t be many of them, would have visa. These Haitians obviously are poor.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
People from poor countries have no claim to asylum in the USA since that is not a sufficient reason for asking for asylum.
People like Haitians for example, Nor could Dominicans get asylum for being poor.

Entering the USA illegally means one should be deported. Post haste. Like it is being done correctly now by Pino Biden. The current Pino POTUS Biden in the US made a grave mistake early in his term to state he would not deport anyone, he caused a rush to the border, and now this Haitian situation is just one result. The only one we can discuss on this forum.
That's true, but if you come to a port of entry and claim that back home your life is in danger, they're supposed to, at least, look into your case.
And also, Lately, I've seen how they've trying to push the instability and financial situation in Haiti to make it valid enough to ask for refuge,

I had a Haitian friend who told me that he had friends who asked for refuge at the U.S.-Canada border, and they were taken in, so he wanted to do the same. I warned him against asking for refuge under false claims, and he said it had worked very well for them. I don't know what happened to his friends, but I understand that even if they take you in, that doesn't mean it's permanent.

Jan 9, 2004
I th

I think what Sailor means is that the category of Haitians with money, or socalled rich and there can’t be many of them, would have visa. These Haitians obviously are poor.
I agree.............but having money does not necessarily get you a visa.............and the wait to get a visa is a long one.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2