Haitians can be deported from US

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
LOS ANGELES — A federal appeals court ruled on Monday that the Trump administration acted within its authority in terminating legal protections that have allowed hundreds of thousands of immigrants to live and work legally in the United States, sometimes for decades, after fleeing conflict or natural disasters in their home countries.
The 2-1 ruling by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit effectively strips legal immigration status from some 400,000 people, rendering them deportable if they do not voluntarily leave the country. The decision affects the overwhelming majority of beneficiaries of a program offering what is known as “temporary protected status,” which has permitted them to remain in the United States after being uprooted from their unstable homelands.
The Trump administration has argued that the emergency conditions that existed when people were invited to come to the United States — earthquakes, hurricanes, civil war — had occurred long ago. The program, it said, had inadvertently conferred permanent immigration status for people from places like El Salvador, Haiti and Sudan, most of whom it said no longer needed safe haven.
The long-awaited decision does not immediately end the protections. The Trump administration has agreed to maintain them until at least March 5, 2021, for people from five of the affected countries and until November 2021 for people from El Salvador.

Reactions: Caonabo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Imagine the liberal ninth circuit making this decision !
I doubt many will be forced out - unless they have committed felonies.

One thing for sure South Florida will sure be a little less crowded if the Haitians have to leave, and there will be a lot of banged up cars for sale to export to the DR.

I won't say they are worse drivers than the Chinese who have earned the reputation as worst drivers on the planet (deservedly so) but they come close and Haitians always seem to drive way too fast. Those salvage title cars coming out of Florida increased many fold after Haitians began driving.

Although come to think of it - after visiting Bangkok, Thailand I think there may be some regional competition.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The Haitians have been deported at the beginning and through the pandemic.They get accepted by their country with or without covid since the U.S. wants them out ASAP. This is the elephant in the room for the DR IMHO. A BIG elephant.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Imagine the liberal ninth circuit making this decision !
I doubt many will be forced out - unless they have committed felonies.

One thing for sure South Florida will sure be a little less crowded if the Haitians have to leave, and there will be a lot of banged up cars for sale to export to the DR.

I won't say they are worse drivers than the Chinese who have earned the reputation as worst drivers on the planet (deservedly so) but they come close and Haitians always seem to drive way too fast. Those salvage title cars coming out of Florida increased many fold after Haitians began driving.

Although come to think of it - after visiting Bangkok, Thailand I think there may be some regional competition.
Having spent several years living in Florida,
Thailand and the DR here is my observation;
Floridians are more likely to exhibit road rage.
Thai's drive the like they are trying to qualify
for the Indy 500 and Dominicans drive like they
are being chased by the police.

El Salvador, Haiti and Sudan? I get it. Even with
all of the problems those college professors
have caused my home country, people from
around the world are still as desperate as ever
to call America home. The question we should
be asking is what have these lucky refugees
contributed to America since their arrival?
Whether or not they are allowed to stay and
pursue the American dream should be based
solely on merit and merit alone.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Having spent several years living in Florida,
Thailand and the DR here is my observation;
Floridians are more likely to exhibit road rage.
Thai's drive the like they are trying to qualify
for the Indy 500 and Dominicans drive like they
are being chased by the police.

El Salvador, Haiti and Sudan? I get it. Even with
all of the problems those college professors
have caused my home country, people from
around the world are still as desperate as ever
to call America home. The question we should
be asking is what have these lucky refugees
contributed to America since their arrival?
Whether or not they are allowed to stay and
pursue the American dream should be based
solely on merit and merit alone.
Well I see your point but the very first thing the illegals have achieved is breaking the law.

But if a country is going to evaluate what an immigrant has achieved why can't that country not have the right to choose the immigrants ahead of time, allow them to come in legally.

Select those who have better education, maybe some of their own money to get themselves settled and maybe skills, like a doctor, electrician, plumber or engineer (of higher world standards) who can help build and maintain a city and yes pay taxes as they work.

If all the immigrants coming in are poor dirt farm help, gardeners or brick layers they are not going to contribute much until their children are educated in the country and become adults. And as we have seen in many places, the poor laborers lower the salaries for manual laborer, a high percentage don't pay taxes. A laborer earned enough at one time which was sufficient income to support a family, but it is not so now.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Haitians have been deported at the beginning and through the pandemic.They get accepted by their country with or without covid since the U.S. wants them out ASAP. This is the elephant in the room for the DR IMHO. A BIG elephant.
Youtube is filled with amateur videos of Haitian deportees that once arrived in Haiti left to settle in the DR. They brag about it. I wonder how many deported due to drug trafficking, theft, murder, etc continue to practice their "profession" in the DR. The DR has to desl with its own deportees plus other lowlifes that never left the DR.

How many of these are roaming around in say Sosúa or Cabarete targeting expats?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Deportees arrival on Haitian soil in June 2020. How many of these will make it to the DR? How many are in the DR?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Youtube is filled with amateur videos of Haitian deportees that once arrived in Haiti left to settle in the DR. They brag about it. I wonder how many deported due to drug trafficking, theft, murder, etc continue to practice their "profession" in the DR. The DR has to desl with its own deportees plus other lowlifes that never left the DR.

That's the elephant I speak of in the room. I should have said "elephantS. And 400,000 more coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

barooosk

Oct 13, 2009

None of the Haitians with TPS have been deported unless they have committed a crime. They cannot be deported in March of 2021. Probably longer than that as the matter moves through the Courts. Also, if Biden wins the election, he can extend their residency status indefinitely

barooosk

Oct 13, 2009

I live in Sosua and have interacted with dozens of Haitians (both legal and illegal) I have not met one who lived in the U.S and was deported.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Well I see your point but the very first thing the illegals have achieved is breaking the law.

But if a country is going to evaluate what an immigrant has achieved why can't that country not have the right to choose the immigrants ahead of time, allow them to come in legally.

Select those who have better education, maybe some of their own money to get themselves settled and maybe skills, like a doctor, electrician, plumber or engineer (of higher world standards) who can help build and maintain a city and yes pay taxes as they work.

If all the immigrants coming in are poor dirt farm help, gardeners or brick layers they are not going to contribute much until their children are educated in the country and become adults. And as we have seen in many places, the poor laborers lower the salaries for manual laborer, a high percentage don't pay taxes. A laborer earned enough at one time which was sufficient income to support a family, but it is not so now.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I live in Sosua and have interacted with dozens of Haitians (both legal and illegal) I have not met one who lived in the U.S and was deported.
Would all the illegals tell you the truth, would all those deported confide in you? Hmm

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I've met a few.
Also met a few Haitians (who were very
nice people) that I learned later were part
of a group that broke out of a Haitian prison. Life is full of surprises.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I've met a few.
Also met a few Haitians (who were very
nice people) that I learned later were part
of a group that broke out of a Haitian prison. Life is full of surprises.

Many forget that ALL of their prisons were emptied following the 2010 earthquake.
Many, not all.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am so sure they were just "summering" in the States to avoid the Haitian heat and simply over-stayed their tourist card