Haiti's Prime Minister Resigns

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I meant to write: 'Some Haitians are free masons'. (Obviously not all of them are.)

I am curious to why you would think free masonry would be a detriment to a country. Free masons believe in charity and being good moral humans following the golden rule. My grandfather was a free mason in Canada. My father didn't believe in joining anything, after his stint in the Army.

Sep 20, 2003
I am curious to why you would think free masonry would be a detriment to a country. Free masons believe in charity and being good moral humans following the golden rule. My grandfather was a free mason in Canada. My father didn't believe in joining anything, after his stint in the Army.

I don't think about them as being good or bad. My grandfather was one. I'm not. I'm curious why the poster considered free masonry so important to the DR's development. Why do you think I thought of it in a negative way?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Exactly, if the population doubled in 30 years, you know it's not from people migrating into Haiti. It is an irresponsible birthrate. We also know that no other country is going to impose sterilization on the citizens of Haiti. The lack of food will probably get much worse. So what's next, famine? A plague? Some nut job dictator taking over and killing millions?

Build the wall.
...sterilization does occur more often than one might think...when the mother gives birth, by the attending Doctor...and unknown to the mother.........

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I don't think about them as being good or bad. My grandfather was one. I'm not. I'm curious why the poster considered free masonry so important to the DR's development. Why do you think I thought of it in a negative way?

Extra international contacts? They were a transnational outfit after all. But then, Boyer and many among Haiti's leadership were also freemasons as well (and the ones to introduce freemasonry on this part of the island in the first place), so this explanation seems insufficient at face value.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Response deleted by moderator. No religion in general forums

Last edited by a moderator:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...well...and for good reason, when the Knights Templar were mostly destroyed on the morning of friday the 13th year 1307... many of the remaining templars integrated into the Freemasons....where do you think the country of Portugal came from?..........Doc...........

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Immoral is for them to keep having children that they won't be able to properly care for, only to give them over as slaves (restaveks) to any charitable (and most of the time, non-charitable) soul that might be passing by. I have to say that they have clearly retrogressed in this, since their maroon ancestors used to show better sense on this department when they used to be on the run, hiding in the Bahoruco mountain chain. They clearly understood that the hard life they were living in was not a situation in which a child could be properly brought over to the world, an understanding that seems to be absent with these modern iterations of them.

Don't know about the maroon ancestors but Haitian birthrates have dropped by half in the last 50 years. https://knoema.com/atlas/Haiti/Birth-rate

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Don't know about the maroon ancestors but Haitian birthrates have dropped by half in the last 50 years. https://knoema.com/atlas/Haiti/Birth-rate

This guy doesn't seem to share the same opinion. Granted, the piece is dated, but the general trend seems to be on foot. If the pill isn't made available to the masses and the country continues on the current path, it will end up leaving Cuba's threshold behind by 2022 or thereabouts:

Family Planning in Haiti: The 50th Anniversary of the Birth Control Pill

Sep 20, 2003

Infant mortality rates are even more important than birthrates. That birthrates have halved from stratospheric levels means very little if the population keeps surging.

Haiti was the most densely populated country in the Western Hemisphere in 1942--when the population was only one million. Now it's over a 11 million and counting. It's unsustainable.

With the global economy collapsing, natural resources being depleted, and the Earth's population at 7.2 Billion, Haiti is finished. What country (or group of countries) can afford to feed and bankroll Haiti forever? Oh, wait, Haiti is the Dominican Republic's responsibility. Or maybe France can pay for everything forever? Or maybe Haiti can sue Monsanto? Haiti can point fingers all it wants, but that won't put food on the table for much longer. And then what?

Last edited: