Happy 150th Birthday Canada

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Exactly the reason why I care about CA as much as Greece. Its always about poop or something close to it.

CA is California you uninformed ignorant , I assume American. Nobody is asking you to care for either Canada or Canadians. I would not, nor would most other Canadians make nasty comments about the USA on July fourth so please give us the same courtesy. What a hoser.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
CA is California you uninformed ignorant , I assume American. Nobody is asking you to care for either Canada or Canadians. I would not, nor would most other Canadians make nasty comments about the USA on July fourth so please give us the same courtesy. What a hoser.

Thatta boy, knee him in the nuts and across the head with a hockey stick!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anyway let's keep this light please

canadians.jpg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Is Canada Day a sort of independence day celebration?

Whatever it is, congratulations!

BTW, why is the Queen of England still Canada's head of state? Isn't Canada suppose to be an independent country? She's even on your money!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
A French Canadian fellow was challenged on his patriotism with overtones of doubt. I am a proud Canadian he blurted.And my wife ! My wife ! She loves Canada so much she had the whole map of Canada tattooed on her bum. Coast to coast to coast!

Trouble is every time she bends over Quebec separates!
sorry BermudaRum. Hit like and dislike came up.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Is Canada Day a sort of independence day celebration?

Whatever it is, congratulations!

BTW, why is the Queen of England still Canada's head of state? Isn't Canada suppose to be an independent country? She's even on your money!

The Queen is the Symbolic Monarcy figurehead of Canada because we are still part of the British Commonwealth. Pierre Trudeau as Prime Minister signed a deal with Britain to give us our Charter of Rights which made us independent of the Monarchy. The Governor General is the Queens symbolic representative in Canada. When politicians call an election they usually visit the Governor General house to disolve Parliment. The Governor General traditionally delivers the throne speech in the House of Parliment for the newly elected government. The speech outlines their intentions for their four year term.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Anyway let's keep this light please

View attachment 2638

A Happy Canada Day to you AnnaC. In Newfoundland on July 01st we honour the members of the Royal NL Regiment who sacrificed their lives in France and Gallipoli campaigns during the First World War. It's a more serious day for us. For the rest of the DR1 audience, you should know that we were the last province to join (Confederation) Canada on April 01, 1949. Yep, April Fools day! It was a political hot potato at the time and still is today. I still fly the NL pre Confederation flag. 

Sep 4, 2012

Wow....you grew a pair finally, nice to see it, Bob now has a pair which does coincide with the birth of CA, now how great is that?

Uniformed ignorant?

I would take this as a jest since this is the Clown Bin, are yoou now the clown Bob?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A Happy Canada Day to you AnnaC. In Newfoundland on July 01st we honour the members of the Royal NL Regiment who sacrificed their lives in France and Gallipoli campaigns during the First World War. It's a more serious day for us. For the rest of the DR1 audience, you should know that we were the last province to join (Confederation) Canada on April 01, 1949. Yep, April Fools day! It was a political hot potato at the time and still is today. I still fly the NL pre Confederation flag. 

My dad says that's the day Canada joined NFLD.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow....you grew a pair finally, nice to see it, Bob now has a pair which does coincide with the birth of CA, now how great is that?

Uniformed ignorant?

I would take this as a jest since this is the Clown Bin, are yoou now the clown Bob?

You have that honor my bobo friend. Used to be called Dominion day. When I was a teenager it was first harvest of fresh buds ( homegrown) from the split-leaf tomatoes growing in the back 40. As an adult I was a member of a Immigrant settlement society and July 1st was a great excuse for a multi-cultural party with great food and music. It was my first real connection with Latinos, many Mexican, Hondurans, and Salvadoreans. Great times.

Sep 4, 2012
You have that honor my bobo friend. Used to be called Dominion day. When I was a teenager it was first harvest of fresh buds ( homegrown) from the split-leaf tomatoes growing in the back 40. As an adult I was a member of a Immigrant settlement society and July 1st was a great excuse for a multi-cultural party with great food and music. It was my first real connection with Latinos, many Mexican, Hondurans, and Salvadoreans. Great times.

Well explained Bob, respect dude, thanks!!

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016

I didn't know Bella Coola had a latino community. HA........go figure.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I didn't know Bella Coola had a latino community. HA........go figure.

I didnt live in Bella Coola as an adult. Bella Coolas latin community consisted of two Cuban women, one Mexican and one family from Argentina when I lived there.4