Has American citizens 🇺🇸 lost theirs “charms” in recent years with the Dominican women ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A bit off topic but I have to say this is classical of a person digging his own grave. Sorry, for the interruption.

Say what you want, there are many women in the DR lacking a great education but many of them are very intelligent.
Yes but it is frustrating to talk world events or history or economic issues with them.
Day to day conversations can center around food, new clothes, cosmetics, the salon and finger nails.
Of course some of the deeper topics led to arguments with Western women but I mentioned Ukraine the other day in a group of Dominicans and got a bunch of blank stares - they all looked at each other to see if anyone knew what I was saying. Only a 15-year old had heard of Ukraine.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Those women with attitude would stack up at best to middle class in US, CAN, EU, if that.
The wealth created by the seriously rich is usually from daddy, not generated by a majority of DR women.
Regardless they are the exception.
As far to University education in the DR, it is limping way behind 1st world standards.
The few shining stars remain the exception. not the average standard.
No revelations here. What's wrong with the standard of" middle class U.S., CAN etc".? Is the creation of wealth by Big Daddy any different than any other city/country in the universe? Of course education is "Limpimg its way", so, what is you point...with the shyte education the students are coming from we should be happy that it has come this far. And finally, to your stats,...who are these "shinning stars" that are the exception you refer to? In my daily/weekly life I interact with the following type of women: My dentist and her sister that have one of the finest practictists in SD, my lawyer , ALL of the office worker in administration in my complex, several shop owners of local stores, the manager of the bank located at Mega Mall. I could go on but....why bother?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Ca$h never goes out of style. We have all seen it, an old fat guy with ear hair sitting at a table in a restaurant with a girl that looks like a model.
You can't judge a book by its cover, but it seems Big can judge a man by his ear hair! :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Buzz65

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You can't judge a book by its cover, but it seems Big can judge a man by his ear hair! :giggle:
I always trim mine, and the barber gets the rest. I have been asked by many Dominican female friends to introduce them to my Canadian friends. One comment I have heard many times is foreign men are cold emotionally.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Ear hair, nose hair hanging down and eyebrows that look like Andy Rooney.
You won't catch me looking that unkempt. I own a mirror still.
Nothing says "I'm just waiting for the grave" than someone who does out with dirty hair, dirty or sweaty clothes and doesn't keep up with the basic manscaping.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Ear hair, nose hair hanging down and eyebrows that look like Andy Rooney.
You won't catch me looking that unkempt. I own a mirror still.
Nothing says "I'm just waiting for the grave" than someone who does out with dirty hair, dirty or sweaty clothes and doesn't keep up with the basic manscaping.
Sir we are truly cut from the same cloth.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Ca$h never goes out of style. We have all seen it, an old fat guy with ear hair sitting at a table in a restaurant with a girl that looks like a model.
Hey,I resemble that remark,lol. But at least I'm happy and she's happy....with my contribution to her family's financial well being :cool:

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I always trim mine, and the barber gets the rest. I have been asked by many Dominican female friends to introduce them to my Canadian friends. One comment I have heard many times is foreign men are cold emotionally.
Maybe the cold men are just a lot different than other nationalities who wear their heart on their sleeve and always seems to be in distress about the smallest things. Women seem to be drawn to those guys. The “fixer uppers”. They think they can fix them. Men do the same thing with similar women.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe the cold men are just a lot different than other nationalities who wear their heart on their sleeve and always seems to be in distress about the smallest things. Women seem to be drawn to those guys. The “fixer uppers”. They think they can fix them. Men do the same thing with similar women.
I'm a fixer upper.
Bring a lot of spackle and paint - for this one

Superion

Jun 26, 2007
Here it’s a questions targeted directly for the old timers of DR1 and anyone living in DR for more than a decade… Has Americans lost theirs charm In last recent years with Dominican females ? … allowed me to rephrase the question utilizing more contemporary words (slangs) , DO American shine less than years ago as far as sparking an interest on female for the simple fact of being an American 🇺🇸 ?

My friend told me that 20 years ago Dominican women will throw them self at you just cause you were an American citizen , Are those days over ?

IF yes , what cause the decline ?

I'm not surprised that you got a bunch of pretentious, rude, and arrogant responses to your question.

It's the cliquish nature of this forum's members.

To answer your question though you could probably replace the word "American" with that of any other 1st world country(Canada, France, UK, Germany etc.).

I would say that even though money still talks, the girls aren't as intrigued with a guy just saying that he's from a 1st world country as they were 20 years ago. High internet speeds and social media/dating apps have increased competition a thousand-fold and has created vastly more interconnected world than existed 20 years ago, when most people didn't have access to high speed internet and definitely didn't have it on their phones. Girls were definitely more open to and more excited about meeting foreigners as it was harder for them to do so.

As for the guy that is married and has the 19 year old daughter..........: She SHOULDN'T be looking for a foreign guy or sugar daddy being that as a foreigner, you should be able to provide her with a life and standard of living as to where she isn't in survival mode looking for older Dominican and/or foreign guys to take care of her. What you've mentioned isn't a flex at all.

Any new foreign guy that goes to the DR has to accept the fact that he has to compete. The women have a lot more options. Not only from horny foreign guys, but also from Dominican Yorks returning to the island with cash, and also local Dominican men of which these women have no problem lowering their standards for them, due to these guys speaking the local language and familiar culture/customs.

It is impossible to meet Dominican ladies now? Most certainly not....but keep in mind that some of these dating apps have a lot of prostitutes on them pretending to be normal women, but many of them are overt also. Also, if you don't speak Spanish then your chances of meeting a non-hooker will be very low. If you DO speak Spanish then you can chat up random women in the streets and localities in non-hooker places if you have that kind of game. Dominican ladies are generally friendlier than random women you would approach in 1st world countries.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Eleven years of living here full-time (as of March) and every single Dominican women I've had a converstaion with about money, foreigners and what she prefers has told me she would rather be with a wealthy Dominican man than a foreigner with money with the exception of one who would said she prefers men from Spain.

Not saying saying all women here are the same but I tend to leave the chips where they fall.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Here it’s a questions targeted directly for the old timers of DR1 and anyone living in DR for more than a decade… Has Americans lost theirs charm In last recent years with Dominican females ? … allowed me to rephrase the question utilizing more contemporary words (slangs) , DO American shine less than years ago as far as sparking an interest on female for the simple fact of being an American 🇺🇸 ?

My friend told me that 20 years ago Dominican women will throw them self at you just cause you were an American citizen , Are those days over ?

IF yes , what cause the decline ?
It's the American dollar, not American citizenship.

Superion

Jun 26, 2007
Eleven years of living here full-time (as of March) and every single Dominican women I've had a conversation with about money, foreigners and what she prefers has told me she would rather be with a wealthy Dominican man than a foreigner with money with the exception of one who would said she prefers men from Spain.

Not saying saying all women here are the same but I tend to leave the chips where they fall.

I would agree, but fortunately for us(or at least myself)...there aren't enough rich Dominicans, MLB players, and rich Spaniards to go around or else we'd be SOL....Lol!

Reactions: JD Jones

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Eleven years of living here full-time (as of March) and every single Dominican women I've had a converstaion with about money, foreigners and what she prefers has told me she would rather be with a wealthy Dominican man than a foreigner with money with the exception of one who would said she prefers men from Spain.

Many serious dominicanas, as in they have a career, I would classify them as middle class ( a dentist, a couple of lawyers, a university teacher, etc.... off the top of my head ), that we have had round to our place, or that we have visited have told me not to hesitate if I have a friend to introduce to them.

And that's only the ones that have it in them to actually drop that ( not that there is anything wrong with that ).
And every single one, married or not, has asked my wife how we got to meet---- they are very disappointed when she says we met in switzerland.😁😁😁

Where I would agree with you is that nowadays it is less socially accepted elder foreigner with young dominicana.

However, I think the new generation of middle class dominicanas want a " western-style" relationship, ie k no le pega cuernos, they dont want to be a slave to cleaning, kids, etc......
and I think dominicanos are playing catch up on that.

Now, my sample is extremely small, I am an anti-social at heart.....🤣🤣🤣🤣 , so I may be wrong.