Hate, and the Role of a Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Question of the Day

Iraq is claiming that it no longer has any weapons of mass destruction.

Because Saddam Hussein has repeatedly defied attempts by the UN to make a thorough inspection, many countries are sceptical.

The US argues that the resolution soon to be adopted by the UN with respect to weapons inspection (the 17th such resolution, I believe) should include language making clear what the consequences will be if Iraq doesn't give the inspectors free and unfettered access.

The Question: Why does Iraq object to the inclusion of such languge?

If there truly are no weapons of mass destruction to be found in Iraq, wouldn't you think the best strategy for Iraq would be to say "put any language you want in the resolution. It makes no difference to us because we know there are no weapons of mass destruction to be found anywhere in our country."?

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
AZB face the future

Was your answer, AZB, that Middle Eastern people are born with the right answers to all questions?

[/B][/QUOTE]

No what AZB realises is that the Middle east is a real prpblem area
That the problems won't go away.and the following will happen.

That to protect the western oil interest, sooner or later the Middle east needs to be stabilised.
Which means sooner or later Saudi Arabia , Pakistan , Syria Iraq
and some smaller states like Yemen etc. will need to be invaded , liberated, democracies installed and brought into the 21 century.

As this will be neccessary the sooner the West faces these problems the better.

Azb I read it all in CNN.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"Which means sooner or later Saudi Arabia , Pakistan , Syria Iraq
and some smaller states like Yemen etc. will need to be invaded , liberated, democracies installed and brought into the 21 century." Paul Thate

Hahahaha, that was a good one. You think you guys are liberated in USA? Some democracy you have, even the mayor of maimi spent time in jail for abusing his wife.
Hahahaha, you all pay your parking fines and other misc tickets regularly. If you live in NYC, you must know where you should park at what days and and what time and where you can turn at what time of the day and when not. Worry about police coming behind your back on the road. Can't drink and drive even when you are sober, you have to worry about police. Now your new attorney gen. will keep a tap on all of you: ex: what, where on what you spend money on, your bank balance, taxes taxes and more taxes. They will keep a close watch on you. IRS is another monster that scares the crap out of you every year. Need i go one? You people live in a police state and now live in fear.
All of you would rather lose your pinky if you folks can just move to DR without having to look for a decent job. But you can't because most of you live on weekly checks and wait for vacations to go away to this paradise. The daily rat race is taking a toll on you so thats why you all come to DR1 to get a glimpse at whats going on in the paradise.
If you folks want to adopt the real democracy, then look no further than DR. We enjoy and live the democracy that you people only dream about. If you want to implement and protect democracy, then start from here.
Today is friday and I will be enjoying my democracy to the fullest extent. Got money in my pocket and women waiting for my phone call. I only have to chose who will delight me tonight: the nice slim tall one or the rubia model from presidente beer....wait, maybe the 18 yrs old curvy long hair beauty....I will have a few drinks in one bar and then a few in another one. Then i will drive to another location to a private party. No fear of police or anyone. Most likely i will be getting drunk with a judge or a police coronel.
Thanks god its friday, then again, everyday is friday here. Oh, tuesday is also a holiday here. For me, tuesday is always a holiday.
Viva republica.
(P.S. what do you think of this democracy?)

Apr 26, 2002
The One and Only Time

For once I agree with AZB. No, not about his position that arab/Moslem countries have not even a little responsibility for their own predicaments and that their pitiful conditions are all due to a gigantic US/Israel conspiracy bent on taking over the oil fields. But that in a sense there is real personal freedom in the DR in a way that does not exist in the US. What Americans call reckless and irresponsible, Dominicans call enjoying life.

He forgot, though, to add Canada, the English-speaking part of which is just as stifling as the US if not more so.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Porfio_R please read DR1 news the part what dominicans think ...
56 % of them would like to leave.
Are they talking about leaving all this enjoying life you are talking about.??

Apr 26, 2002
Paul,

I understand that and don't doubt it for a second. But doesn't that mean that personal freedom is only the most important thing in some peoples' lives - and that security, health, and economic well-being are the most important things for the majority of people? Does it change the fact that there is more personal freedom in the DR?

I do not, as AZB does, equate personal freedom with "democracy" as a form of government.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
right I agree
security, health, and economic well-being are the most important thing with some personal freedoms.
Thats why the west is the greatest place to live..
we give up some personal freedoms which allows us to live there. and benifit from all that.
All that is missing in the middle east . There are no freedoms
no security , no equality no health.
Ergo the need to bring them in the 21 century.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Freedom

Because of all the personal freedoms in the DR many people die because of all the the : I've have no drivers liscence, I drink and drive, I can do what ever I want Attitude. Many children do without because of I'm a Dad, but why should I PAY, I didn't have the baby,...and on and on...etc. Yes ,there are prices to pay on either end of the scale. For some the security of strong law enforcement and playing by the rules is what makes a society good. For others the freedom to do whatever you want, is where it's at. Most people with children would opt for the first choice, whereas the single guys like ABZ would opt for the latter.
ABZ, could you clarify your first statement " Even the mayor of Miami spent time in jail for beating his wife" What does this have to do with Democracy?
I see that you have listening to Cousin Sadamm's speechs again. It's all about oil and the Zionists. Maybe it's all about Sadamm thumbing his nose at Bush and knowing that Bush will be Democratically removed by voters in several years and Sadamm will still be their basking in the adoration of his people.
I too have been in the Middle East a number of times, including Paskistan, Syria, Doha, Turkey, and Egypt. I have a good friend who is an ex- Syrian Army officer who was in several wars against the Israelis including the six-day war. I think the amount of false information fed out of that area by all sides is enough for any sane person not to believe anything they hear, from who ever they hear it. Certainly there are lots of problems with our western style democracies, but it sure beats the hell out of what ever comes in second place. I think you live in the the DR because 17 and 18 year girls in the USA wouldn't give you the time of the day, if you know what I mean.

Art Covey

Jan 2, 2002
DR Debates ?????

WOW what a waste of time, space, band width etc. on a topic that hardly even mentions the DR. DON'T know how this qualifies as a "DR Debate" or even a DR topic.

Apr 26, 2002
Paul and Bob,

I think we're all on the same track. The perfect place to put personal freedoms compared to civic responsibilities depends on your position in life and/or creed. My own perspective is that I would like the US/Canada better if the people/governments were a little less anal-retentive and the DR better if the people/government showed a little more responsibility.

Of course, the question is moot for the middle east, where there is neither personal freedom nor responsible government. Though AZB and Bin Laden say that this predicament is entirely the fault of the vast American/Israeli conspiracy, the middle east does have one thing going for it from the perspective of the local people: very pretty goats.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
AZB said:
[Today is friday and I will be enjoying my democracy to the fullest extent. Got money in my pocket and women waiting for my phone call. I only have to chose who will delight me tonight: the nice slim tall one or the rubia model from presidente beer....wait, maybe the 18 yrs old curvy long hair beauty....I will have a few drinks in one bar and then a few in another one. Then i will drive to another location to a private party. No fear of police or anyone. Most likely i will be getting drunk with a judge or a police coronel.
Thanks god its friday, then again, everyday is friday here. Oh, tuesday is also a holiday here. For me, tuesday is always a holiday.
Viva republica.
(P.S. what do you think of this democracy?) [/B]

AZB,

Can we hang out on my next trip?

lol

nancyh

Jan 13, 2002
How about looking at the archaic notion of religion re: US being blamed for the bombing on 9/11.
I look forward to the day when as a species, humans evolve out of religious nonsense. With all our scientific knowledge what educated person believes there is another world out there where everyone (who is good and kills people in the name of their religion) goes to when they die. Such superstitious and backward thinking. The most evil done in the world by humans has been done in the name of religion. Let's ban this archaic notion- wouldn't it be nice if we all lived by a universal code of behaviour. But then the masses couldn't be controlled by those in power if they didn't play the religion card. Case in Point: AIDs help and education is greatly greatly hampered here by archaic notions of the Roman Catholic Church.
This evolving of the human race past such thinking will not happen during our life but I do think it it will happen. Or the species we know as humans will kill each other and rightly so disappear from the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.