He Got The Call!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Kimmygirl and Daisy, you should both try and make it to the Toronto get together ;)

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Kimmygirl and Daisy, you should both try and make it to the Toronto get together ;)

I was actually thinking about it. I read the thread the other day and Oscar should be here by then and I think it would be good for him to meet Dominicans from SW Ontario. I will let you know. Is there a date you need to know by?

Kim

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No time limit.

I was actually thinking about it. I read the thread the other day and Oscar should be here by then and I think it would be good for him to meet Dominicans from SW Ontario. I will let you know. Is there a date you need to know by?

Kim

If he's here that will be great, if not you'll get to meet many very nice people that will be supportive. The food is great, best rice and beans I've had outside the DR ;)

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Update

To those watching the e-client status:

To this points our on-line status has been 'in process' and has only stated that they started our application May 15. When I went to check today, they added: Medical results have been received. The system seems to be a bit behind when he has already had his interview!

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Just looking for a little advice or perhaps somebody has experienced this in the past. I am getting a little impatient again!!

Oscar handed in the new birth certificates on September 27, so it has been 3weeks and a day and once again we are still waiting! The officer that took his package in Santo Domingo said that the embassy would call him in 20days. I understand that it has only been 21 days.

I was wondering if I should give them a call or just hold out for a bit longer? I do hope that he is here for the DR1 dinner!!

Thanks

Kim

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
wondering

thanks for all the info on this post, I am just wondering where you are at, your last post was in October, I really hope your husband is here

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
thanks for all the info on this post, I am just wondering where you are at, your last post was in October, I really hope your husband is here

Nope, not here yet. We are still waiting for the embassy to call him back! It has been since September 27 when he took the proper birth certificates and certified letter in. I don't really understand what exactly is taking them soooooooo long!?? I submitted a email two weeks ago and have not got a response. Hopefully any day now.

Thanks for asking and I will for sure update my thread when I get more info!

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Venting

Just wanted to vent some of my frustrations due to waiting again. I don't understand what the hold up for this long could be.

Today Oscar put a call into the embassy in Santo Domingo and only got an answering machine. He left a message. I then tried calling Santo Domingo and Haiti. All I got was automated messages and the Haiti message said that they do not take phone enquires due to the privacy act. I then called the Call Centre and all they could advise me to send an e-mail. I told the lady that I sent one two weeks ago and did not get any response. She then said that if they are not calling us that everything is fine and they are processing it.

My question is: If he already had his interview and passed(Sept. 20), what the heck are they doing?????????????????????????????????????????

I was just reading one of Baileyboys blogs and she was saying because of her frustrations, she tends to get upset and takes her frustrations out on her husband. I find myself to be the same way. Don't get me wrong, Oscar and I are stronger then ever, but he is an easy target. Not to mention the phone connections have been awful lately just sets me off the top.

I don't understand that we have to proove our relationship to immigration, but they take, for what it seems, FOREVER just to process our proof!! Maybe this is a part of the test?? Oscar and I WILL pass and we WILL be together soon and we WILL be together forever!

Hopefully they will answer the phone message as they could not reply to the e-mail!!

Kim

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Send some more emails. It's possible (not probable) that it got filtered (accidentally or intentionally) by a spam filter.

Vary the text, and if possible, send it through a different provider.

I know probably won't do any good, but it will keep you busy while you are waiting.

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
If I were you I would send another email. When I emailed Haiti they were good about replying, usually the next day.
Waiting from Sept 20 is a long time. My husband had his passport back within 2 weeks. But when I would call Santo Domindo I would call in the afternoon around 2;30. I usually talked to someone. Its good when calling to make a contact there (with somone who answered the phone) and she called us as soon as she rec'd his passport from Haiti.

my friend and her husband waited a bit longer because his passport and papers were sitting on the wrong desk and didn't get noticed until later. But everything got sorted.

Last edited:

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
I couldn't edit my last reply, but I wanted to say try, try, try to be patient. I know that's like telling you to not breath. :D Please believe me when I tell you that it could be much worse. I hear that in the US it sometimes takes YEARS to get someone over here...so you guys months has me wanting to move to canada if I ever want to bring a husband over! Best wishes to all of you and I look forward to hearing all of your excitement when your husbands finally get here! I am so excited for both of you!! :bunny:

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Well...I feel I made a little progress yesturday. I called Santo Domingo and actually talked to a lady. I explained that Oscar had his interview on Sept. 20 and handed in the new documents on the 27th. She asked me if they took his passport and seemed very surprised that I said 'yes'. She looked for Oscar's passport and said that I should contact Haiti because she did not have it (at least I know it's not sitting there!). I told her that I already e-mailed them and had no response. She said that it would be a lot of work for her and she is too busy right now to contact them herself. She also said that it has been unusually long and the papers should have been fanalized by now. She suggested that I try to e-mail or fax Haiti again and then said to call her next week.

I must say, the lady was much nicer then I expected a seemed kind of sympathetic by the end of the conversation. I think Oscar might get his call again soon!!!

I will keep you posted and thanks for all the support!

Kim

Baileyboy, did your husband get the call yet??

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Kimmy I know it's hard to get through to Haiti sometimes but have you tried to call ? Try early morning, before 9 am our time.

If you read baileyboy's blog you'll see that her hubby got the call was interviewed, approved and he's now waiting for a time and day to pick up his visa. ;)

Here's the blog http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=baileyboy

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hi Kimmygirl--

I am still waiting for his passport to come back to Sto Domingo. I am getting on the phone and calling Haiti on Monday, to talk to the lady who interviewed him. Apparently there was some "pressing" visas that came in the office last week, and everything got dropped for her to process those first. Not sure who they were for, but apparently everything got put to the side so those could go through.

So I am calling Monday, to Sto Domingo to talk to the lady and I'm also calling Haiti b/c I'm not sure which office she will be in. I will call all freaking day if necessary....b/c I want him here for Christmas.

When she called me to tell me that Orlando had been approved, on Nov 1st after his interview.. she told me his passport would be back in Sto Domingo in 1 weeks time...we are now at 2 1/2 weeks. But I learned it was b/c of these "pressing visas" that took presidence.

I'll keep you posted.

Lisa

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Man oh man, ladies I am not even close to where you are with the Immigration process but it seems I have a loooooooooooooong way to go!!! I don't expect we'll get the call until June or July next year considering the average time frame right now to get the call for an interview is 7-8 months. But goodness, more waiting time after that! Good luck to you both...I really hope your husbands will be with you for the Holidays!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Well...I feel I made a little progress yesturday. I called Santo Domingo and actually talked to a lady. I explained that Oscar had his interview on Sept. 20 and handed in the new documents on the 27th. She asked me if they took his passport and seemed very surprised that I said 'yes'. She looked for Oscar's passport and said that I should contact Haiti because she did not have it (at least I know it's not sitting there!). I told her that I already e-mailed them and had no response. She said that it would be a lot of work for her and she is too busy right now to contact them herself. She also said that it has been unusually long and the papers should have been fanalized by now. She suggested that I try to e-mail or fax Haiti again and then said to call her next week.

I must say, the lady was much nicer then I expected a seemed kind of sympathetic by the end of the conversation. I think Oscar might get his call again soon!!!

I will keep you posted and thanks for all the support!

Kim

Baileyboy, did your husband get the call yet??

HI Kim. Was it Laura that you talked to? She's very nice.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
HI Kim. Was it Laura that you talked to? She's very nice.

Yes it was Laura. She seemed very understanding and sympathetic but at the same time very busy. She said that she was on holidays when I put the first call in.

Wendy A. Don't worry, the time does seem to fly by. I think that being away from my husband has brought us that much closer due to the effort we both have to put in. We also have built our communication skills, respect, and trust with each other.

Tomorrow is Monday and that starts a new week of "did they call today". I love Mondays for this!! Saturday and Sunday have no HOPE!!!

I'll keep you posted!

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Venting!!

Last week turned into another helpless week of getting nowhere!

I called Laura, the immigration lady in Santo Domingo, and she said to give her a call back on Friday as she would send Haiti an e-mail. When I called her back on Friday she said to me that there is a problem with Oscar's birth certificate and that they have sent Oscar a letter! HELLO, it's been over two months and neither of us have received a letter or call. They called Oscar before, why would they not call him this time?? I again explained to her that Oscar gave the new birth certificate on Sept. 27, but she could not specify whether there was a problem with the old or the new one, she told me to contact Haiti. At this point I wanted to cry and scream at her (although not Laura's fault) cause I feel like I am spinning in circles and can't get the actual truth!

I then called Oscar, assuming that there was a problem with the new birth certificate and took my frustations out on him and we got in a little fight! I am sure that my voice told him that I had enough! I think that I also said that I can't help him if he gave them another bad birth certificate. He said that the only problem that he could think of is that he was born in 1974 and his dad did not get the birth certificate until 1997.

Later that day we talked everything out and we think that Haiti still has not put the new birth certificate with his immigration papers because when I was talking to Laura, she gave me a second file# that was different from Mississauga's client ID#. When Oscar took the new papers he wrote the client ID# that I have always known, his name, and phone #. When Laura wanted the info to send Haiti an e-mail, she wanted his name, birth date, and the other file number (which I was never given).

Oscar and I have decided that I would send them a second e-mail (although they never responded to the first one) using the new file #, I will send them a fax, I am going to continue to call Haiti to get some answers as to which birth certificate they are talking about, and Oscar is going to call Laura and try to find out whether to package of the new papers actually went to Haiti. When I talk to somebody in Haiti I am going to stress that the medicals are going to expire on Dec. 21/06. I will also tell them that Jenni has been registered for school in January because I expected them to be here in October.

Sorry for the long read, I do feel a bit better. At this point I am going to keep at them. I want my husband and family to be here for Christmas!!

Does anyone have any advice or experience, especially with calling Haiti?

Thanks for everyone's support!

Kim