He Got The Call!!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Sorry to hear about the latest problem...

I just posted this on another thread - but I want to put your time frame of waiting into perspective...so i will post it here too.
You should be thanking your lucky stars to get permanent residency for your Dominican husbands so quickly, and yet you all think it is taking so long!
Let me tell you a brief story, and Trina can attest to it, since she and I talked a lot about it.
I live common-law with an American citizen from Minnesota. We met here in Ontario. He owned a bait and tackle shop. We fell in love. We moved in together. We bought a house together. We are a typical couple. We own a boat, snowmachine, a truck, a car. We both have great jobs, we make good money, and we belong to many communtiy groups. We are outdoor enthusiasts, and play baseball in the summer and curl in the winter. We are - what you call - well rounded individuals!
It took 3 years for his permanent residency to be approved. Thats right - 3 whole years!!! He does not have children, never been married, college educated, served in the US Navy, no criminal record, is self-sufficient - makes a heck of a lot more money than me. Lived here in Canada for 2 years before I met him, having to do so on work visas through his business.
So, forgive me, but have a little patience. I still can not believe that a Dominican (who speaks or does not speak English) (who has a job lined up in Canada or does not) (who has his own bank account in Canada or not) can get his permanent residency in less time than a white American who owned his own business in Canada!
Now, don't get me wrong , I am very happy for all of you who have found a wonderful husband and can't wait for him to arrive, but patience is the key. You are all getting off fairly easy in regards to time frame - so feel fortunate.
Marlie

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
so sorry

Kimmygirl

I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you have to go through. I am freaking out when I think that it will be my turn to go through it soon. If you are not to call people directly in Haiti, how are you supposed to know what the problem with your file is?

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Kimmygirl
If you are not to call people directly in Haiti, how are you supposed to know what the problem with your file is?

Your guess is as good as mine! I would hate to see what would have happened if I had left it since she told me that they only wait 90 days...the deny stamp!

I am writing this stuff for other to learn from it and not make the same mistakes we are making! So don't worry, prepare your husband, and thanks for reading.

Kim

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
So which birth certificate does he actually need? We have one that is 8 1/2 by 11 (normal paper size) and it is dated the same year as his birth like a couple of months later. Do you think that would do?

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
So which birth certificate does he actually need? We have one that is 8 1/2 by 11 (normal paper size) and it is dated the same year as his birth like a couple of months later. Do you think that would do?

No, it is the small one, similar like ours in Canada. I think that it is OK if it is dated within two years of his birth, but I can't be for sure.

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Update

Last week Oscar went to his home town to fix the birth certificate issue date...assuming that is the problem. Because everything was destroyed in a hurricane he hired a lawyer to fix the problem. Surprise, surprise, everything comes with a cost!! To get the new birth certificate it would cost him $6000RD and receive it in 9days...but for $11000RD he will have it in his hands by Thursday (4days), tomorrow! So I told him to pay the $11000 to get the job done faster as his medical will expire on Dec. 21!

His mom also got a hospital record from his first injections and his dad got his a record of his baptism. The lady from Haiti said that these would help.

Oscar is picking up the new papers via Carribean Express tomorrow (Dec. 7) at noon. He is then going to fax a copy to Haiti, take the papers to Santo Domingo, and give them to Laura who works for the immigration section.

My fingers are crossed as there is only two weeks basically for him to land before the medical expires!

Please everyone cross their fingers for us as my Christmas wish is to have my family with me on Christmas day.

I will keep you posted and thanks for the support!!!

Kim

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Kim-
I really hope your wish comes true! I know first hand how freaking frusterating the system is. But have some faith, and a little bit more patience and it will come true. I hope everything works out....

Keep me posted.
lisa

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Kimmygirl -

How about an update, what is happening? Did your husband make it to Canada?

I sure hope that the reason that you haven't been posting, is because you are so busy getting him settled in Canada, and that nothing else happened.

Let us know,

Merry Christmas,

Marlie

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Sorry

Sorry for not updating but I got a bit annoyed with the BS from Haiti!!

NOTE TO THOSE WAITING FOR THE CALL: Make sure that the issue date on the birth certificate is close to the date of birth and don't be patient like myself after the interview!

For the latest: I sent a email to SD and requested that they forward it to Haiti. I received a response the next day saying that they required additional documents to proceed:
1. New police certificate stating that he is married (it was OK for the interview but not now and it might not be his police certificate)
2. documents related to his birth ie. baptism, school from the first two years of his life
3. written explanation as to why his birth was registered so late
4. same as #2 for his daughter
5. same as #3 for his daughter (because for his 9yr old daughter, it might not be her birth certificate:paranoid: , and the other papers don't proove that is her???????????)

So Oscar had to hire a lawyer for the second time and he got the new papers to Santo Domingo yesturday (Jan. 2). I am now going to send an e-mail to SD to be forwarded to Haiti, as Haiti will not reply to my e-mails.

The real crappy thing is because they did not answer my emails in Oct. and Nov. their medicals are over a year old. I am not sure if the embassy judges the date from the date it was preformed or the date that they receive the results. Does anyone know?? Hopefully they will let it go but I am not thinking that they will.

Kim

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
what a runaround

It just seems like they have you going in circles. There must be a way that someone can get a more efficient processing time for a visa. I can't belive that they are getting Canadian taxpayer's money to move and lose paperwork and ask for it over and over again. It's not like that embassy isn't busy...what's going on? How frustrating!!!

I hope things get sorted out soon.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Kimmygirl,

So what was the correct size of the birth certificate that they wanted in the end? Was it the normal size one is acceptable or do they want a small wallet size one??? I just want to make sure i have the correct one ready before the interview to save all this hassle ur having, if at all possible.
I can't believe what their putting u guys through.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
the latest

Once again, Haiti is neglecting to respond to my e-mail, which was forwarded from Santo Domingo.

I called Santo Domingo this morning to talk to Laura Diaz and comfirm that she did send my e-mail to Haiti. She responded "Yes I sent it but I have not received a response from them" (in a questioning voice) So I said that I don't understand why they are not reponding to the e-mails when that is the only way that they want you to contact them. Then she said "I have been hearing that alot lately." So I sent her another email to forward to them.

Oscar also called the clinic Abreu to see what he needs to do a second medical and they said because he is on file he only needs their passports. Well all be damed...HAITI HAS THE PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be another $185 also for the medical...all because the could not answer my emails in October and Noverber.

I don't understand how this is fair?? If I did not love him so much, I would have given up cause I have had enough of the BS and not getting any answers from anybody.

Has anybody else had these kind of problems??

I will keep you posted and thanks for the support.

Kim

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I feel your pain Kimmy. No it's not fair but when is dealing with government been fair?

I hope someone has some ideas for you.

Hang in there

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
Hey Me 2

I am also waiting. I also went to my local M.P. office and they faxed and e-mailed and called and no reply. My husband was told to take all of his documents to Santo Domingo this thursday. The women who works at the canadian embassy in puerto plata told him to try this .So if I find out anymore info I will post it on this thread or u can e-mail me at demers_72@hotmail.com Tamara

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
got another call

Oscar got another call on Friday, Jan. 26, but I am not getting my hopes up:paranoid: .

The bad thing is that he was on the bus back to Punta Cana and his phone cut out on the lady.

The good news is lady asked him to come and meet the officer which interviewed him in Santo Domingo. And...he thinks the lady said that he could enter on the 24th of February?? Before he could get the date to go and meet the officer, the phone cut out.

What is the normal proceedure when they receive their permenant residence? Could this be a possiblity? Or is this just to send him for another medical?

Kim

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
phone and fax

Embassy S/domingo tel no 809-4727111 fax no 809-4727574 phone and fax if any body need,s it vince

koko*

Sep 16, 2005
What to do?

I just recieved the police check from my husband and it states he is SINGLE. Should I go ahead and send in the applications to Missassauga with this police check or wait until he can get another one staying he is married. If I send the one saying he is single can I later add the correct one to our file? I am anxious to get out applications in.