He Got The Call!!

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
I'm truly sorry to everyone, YES they got here on July 14. I will take some time this weekend to update my thread. I seem to have no time to myself anymore, this wife and mom thing is hard. They are both here behind my chair!!!

Kim

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Congrats to everyone here that has their spouses with them!

I was married on April 26,2007.
I promptly sent off our application to the CPC office in Mississauga on May 11,2007.
June 13,2007 I recieved my confimation that I was approved as a sponsor.
July 25,2007 I recieved confimation of "In Progress".

At this point I can only pray that after days of making sure everything was perfect in the application I will not have to suffer the same way that Kimmy has.

It has been very helpful to read about all the different timelines here surrounding processing.

I did submit one request via e-mail and not have heard anything yet. This request was only to indicate that I was in the DR Aug 19-26, and asked if I could be of any more assistance. HA HA HA I guess I am not getting a reply to that one!

I have known my husband now for 3 years and understand the stress of this process, and can honestly say that I look forward to not having to travel every 10 weeks.

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
my timeline so far

-Got married August 19th 2006
-Sent application January 3rd
Got letter back in February telling me that even though the children are not coming to live in Canada, the had to pass the Medical. (Was advise by a lawyer that Birth Certificate would be enough).
I was back in DR in March, came back with all their medicals (my husband past his second one as the first one would have expire some time in spring)
-first week of April- Sent the application back and was accepted the following week.
-May 10, in Haiti, put in process.
-June 29, received all new bunch of forms for Quebec with one to be signed by my husband.
-July 5th submitted them
-August 15th, get letter from Haiti, they want more and more of the same of what they already have.
-August 25, received acceptance letter from Quebec-Immigration.
-Sept 6 - sending them more and more of what they want.
I'm in my 7th month, I sure hope the end is near.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Well just wanted to give an update. I was asking a few months ago about the process for my Dominican husband to get a U.S. visa. He's a landed immigrant in Canada and arrived on Aug 4 07. So he's only been here a very short time. We were able to get him an appt in Toronto at the U.S Consolate on Sept 14. He is doing some work gardening for a friend of the family and making good money doing that, but that is his only job right now. I heard from many people that he may get denied until he has steady work, or it may be better to wait 6 months to a year before applying. Well, he applied, had his interview and 2 days later received a 10 year vistors visa to the U.S. So we are very happy. Now we can travel freely throughout North America!!! It makes things a lot easier. Just wanted to pass on the info in case there are other people in the same boat!! Thanks to everyone for the helpful info =)

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Translation of documents

Kimmygirl,

When your husband had to re-submit those Birth Certificates or (Extracto de Acta), did he had them translated here in the DR ? Or did he just brought thenm as is ?

Or if any have the answer ??

Because I am presently here in the DR and they ask us to re-submit those as well + our Mariage (acta). We had them legalized and "Cancilleria" but didn't get them translated again.

thanks

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
Hey Milagro, I had my translated when I was in DR, and they haven't contacted make requesting anything different. Originally when I submitted mine I only submitted a photocopy of my wife's birth certificate, and our marriage certificate. Then they sent me a letter requesting that I send them the originals, but since you got a legalized copy of yours you just have to get it translated. If you need assistance finding a good legal translator let me know. I know a good one in the San Francisco de Macor?s area.

Cheers

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Hey everyone!

Hey everyone!

I am sorry it has been so long, but time has just been taken away from me and there is none!

The last couple of weeks have been very hard! Oscar and Jenni hit the 3 1/2 month mark and Oscar is right on schedual, he wants to go home! I managed to talk to him and tell him that this is all normal and it is going to be hard for the first year or so. I also told him to stop being selfish and not give up on us after 4 months and that I would work harder a being a better wife and more understanding to him. (who would think someone would have trouble going from a hotel with half-naked women to cold and construction, would want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!) I told him that I wanted my husband that I spoke to everyday on the phone!

So...I have been trying to boost his ego in any way that I can and I also took him out to buy him his own hat and snow gloves. He is now in much better spirits now, thank god! It's amazing what a few comments and a hat and gloves can do to someone!!!

I must say that this is the hardest adventure that I have ever been on, but... I always keep in mind what so many have told me...if you make it through the first year, you will make it! Thinking about the fight we had together with immigration, makes me realize how much love Oscar and I have! I told him that we are family and we have to stick together through the good and the bad.

Kim

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone!

I am sorry it has been so long, but time has just been taken away from me and there is none!

The last couple of weeks have been very hard! Oscar and Jenni hit the 3 1/2 month mark and Oscar is right on schedual, he wants to go home! I managed to talk to him and tell him that this is all normal and it is going to be hard for the first year or so. I also told him to stop being selfish and not give up on us after 4 months and that I would work harder a being a better wife and more understanding to him. (who would think someone would have trouble going from a hotel with half-naked women to cold and construction, would want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!) I told him that I wanted my husband that I spoke to everyday on the phone!

So...I have been trying to boost his ego in any way that I can and I also took him out to buy him his own hat and snow gloves. He is now in much better spirits now, thank god! It's amazing what a few comments and a hat and gloves can do to someone!!!

I must say that this is the hardest adventure that I have ever been on, but... I always keep in mind what so many have told me...if you make it through the first year, you will make it! Thinking about the fight we had together with immigration, makes me realize how much love Oscar and I have! I told him that we are family and we have to stick together through the good and the bad.

Kim

Hey there Kimmy, good to hear from you. It can be hard at first for everyone but certainly more so for the one that has left their country - especially when going somewhere cold like there or here. ITs starting to get cold here now and hubby said he really didn't imagine it could be this cold (and it's only autumn lol!). He's coping very well though lots of warm clothes and hugs to keep him warm (the hugs work wonders hehe!). Is your hubby working in Canada - once mine started work it made a big difference as he didn't feel like he was living for free anymore (he hated that and really wanted to be out working as soon as possible).

Good luck, I'm sure things will get better - its early days and a very big change for you all so I guess time is all you need really, and remember how much you love each other.