Health Insurance

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The health insurance companies are definitely NOT all the same.. I can not get insurance now because of a pre application condition ,,but I investigated them all and definitely Universal is the best ,if you can get it . But also there are some hospitals that are pushing health schemes that limit a patient to one or two hospitals,, that are cheaper .
The fine print is so important to make sure what is excluded . If you are close to la Romana ,the la Romana Central Hospital now offers a good scheme.....and if you have insurance in the USA there is also a scheme to take you by helicopter to a Miami hospital when you need treatment.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I had a per-existing condition that made it practically useless due to the "fine print".

I know what you mean...

I had had pre-basal cell removals (pre !) and am disqualified for all skin cancer issues including checkups.My wife is the same - no dermatological.

Luckily for us, that was our only stumbling block...

They have a concierge service whereby you call in and they point you in the right direction.... doctors, hospitals , etc
Also, they reduce most medical charges for you.... when applying your deductible and when under coverage.

Covers RD, USA and Canada
I think they are backed by Lloyd's of London

sightseeing

Jun 19, 2015
Has anyone heard of Cigna Health insurance ? It will cover me in the Dominican Republic and in the U.S.