Helados Bon celebrates 50 years

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jesus-Moreno-Fernando-Enciso-and-Carolina-Pantaleon-of-Helados-Bon-1024x625.png
Jesus Moreno, Luis Fernando Enciso and Carolina Pantaleón of Helados Bon

The leading Dominican ice cream manufacturer, Helados Bon announced it will invest US$6 million to build a new plant to meet the growing demand. The company is now under the Grupo Nutresa of Colombia. The company founded by the Moreno family years ago on a Mother’s Day is celebrating its 50th anniversary.

Luis Fernando Enciso, general manager of the company, Jesus Moreno, director of the Board of directors, Carolina Pantaleon, director of Marketing and New businesses and Enver Lopez Milander, public relations advisor met with the CDN and El Caribe media group for the occasion.

Enciso spoke about how he marvels at the rapid recovery of the Dominican Republic after Covid-19. “Sometimes I say it is the Dominican mystery. How does this country recover so quickly and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
50 years of bad and expensive ice cream.
It is not good quality for sure.
If you want the best ice cream I have ever had you must go to Costa Rica. Damn it was rich
Eating the rum raisin and chocolate were like taking drugs

Reactions: windeguy

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
My family thinks Bon chocolate flavor is the best they have ever had !!
They LOVE it !
While I don't agree with our esteemed colleague Winded man, I doubt it's the best ever. That said, since I've been here they have come leaps and bounds in terms of quality , consistency and customer service. My kids love the ice cream cake. For DR, it's a good ice cream. 15 years ago it was Bon and Nestle and both were icy. Then Bon came up with etiqueta negra. I personally like it a lot.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They LOVE it !
When I tasted their normal chocolate ice cream the first time, it tasted like I was eating vanilla.
They must like vanilla. I don't like vanilla ice cream much and don't like their chocolate ice cream at all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
While I don't agree with our esteemed colleague Winded man, I doubt it's the best ever. That said, since I've been here they have come leaps and bounds in terms of quality , consistency and customer service. My kids love the ice cream cake. For DR, it's a good ice cream. 15 years ago it was Bon and Nestle and both were icy. Then Bon came up with etiqueta negra. I personally like it a lot.
I don't think it is a good ice cream for anywhere. But then, we don't agree occasionally.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
When I tasted their normal chocolate ice cream the first time, it tasted like I was eating vanilla.
They must like vanilla. I don't like vanilla ice cream much and don't like their chocolate ice cream at all.
try to squeeze a drop of sunlight into that cold heart, but just a drop... if you can jeez

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You do realize 81% of the outstanding shares of Helados Bon is controlled by Grupo Nutresa, a Colombian Food conglomerate in Medellin?

• Wow
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They LOVE it !
You need to treat your family to a higher quality, yes I like their chocolate but it is far far from the best I ever had, in fact I give it a 4 out of 10 stars

Reactions: JFK

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Bon is a truly crappy, low quality, ice cream. It reminds me of Sealtest ice cream or a cheap store brand in the US. There are several mid-level brands in the US like Breyers or Blue Bell that are much better and cheaper.

I have no idea how they stay in business(?). The ones i go past in Cabarete and Sabaneta are always empty.

• Love
Reactions: windeguy and Gadfly

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Bon is a truly crappy, low quality, ice cream. It reminds me of Sealtest ice cream or a cheap store brand in the US. There are several mid-level brands in the US like Breyers or Blue Bell that are much better and cheaper.

I have no idea how they stay in business(?). The ones i go past in Cabarete and Sabaneta are always empty.
Sealtest? I remember that from my youth. I thought it was midwest only.