Hello from an aplatanado

Regan

Apr 16, 2020
I've been living in Santo Domingo for almost 13 years. I help my wife operate Progressive English. I've checked DR1 almost daily since I arrived, and recommend it as a practice source for students. As screwed up as life at times seems here, I choose to be happy, and I remember how screwed up things could be in the states, when I saw it that way.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome Regan, glad you decided to make your daily visit official, looking forward to your posts.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland.
Living here 8 years straight.
Feel the same way about the
states.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Welcome Regan, I love your attitude. I too prefer the DR with all its craziness and disorganization to the U.S. I'm actually stuck here in the U.S. right now as I came back for some urgent business and the airports were closed in the DR before I could get back. I love the freedom of the DR and the lack of rules and also the lack of busy bodies complaining about every little thing like they do here in the U.S. I'll be back the moment things open up...

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Welcome Regan, I love your attitude. I too prefer the DR with all its craziness and disorganization to the U.S. I'm actually stuck here in the U.S. right now as I came back for some urgent business and the airports were closed in the DR before I could get back. I love the freedom of the DR and the lack of rules and also the lack of busy bodies complaining about every little thing like they do here in the U.S. I'll be back the moment things open up...

I also wonder if more people emigrate to the DR due to blue skies and warm water or due to more freedom.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I also wonder if more people emigrate to the DR due to blue skies and warm water or due to more freedom.
I think most people emigrate to the DR due to blue skies and warm water and stay forever due to more freedom. If you're not freedom loving then the warm water and blue skies probably is not enough to keep you here. You gotta embrace the craziness and accept the disorganization to be happy here. If not, you will soon leave... just my opinion...