Hello from Nashville, TN

MAGGZ

Feb 20, 2020
Hola! My name is Maggz and I am new here from Nashville, TN. I wanted to say hello and hope to learn as much about the DR as I possibly can! I am a kidney transplant/kidney cancer survivor who is looking to finally settle down and semi retire in the next 5-7 years if not sooner. I am looking at the DR as a possible 'home away from home.' Anyway, Hello! :bandit:

Reactions: Angelx

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Some years ago I visited some friends in Knoxville Tennessee and I loved it. Would really like to visit Nashville someday and go to live country concerts. Do your research on the DR first online and observe from there how the country deals with this corona crisis.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland!
Never been to Nashville but hear great things about the city
and the folks who live up there. Hope ya came out unscathed
after that tornado.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Nashville is getting expensive. Residential and Commercial RE is up there. Did a couple of biz deals in Nashville last year could not find 1 person with a southern accent.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
MAGGZ, what part of Nashville? I lived in Hendersonville on the lake for a year in the later mid 70's. Fun place. I miss The Peddler restaurants. Are they still in operation?

With your physical issues, I would think twice before moving to the DR unless you have some substantial cash for medical expenses.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nashville is home to Dale Wexlers Wheels through Time motorcycle museum. I was just entertaining the idea of flying up for their yearly motorcycle giveaway when this COVID nonsense started.

Next year..

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nashville is home to Dale Wexlers Wheels through Time motorcycle museum. I was just entertaining the idea of flying up for their yearly motorcycle giveaway when this COVID nonsense started.

Next year..
Make a cruise through the Barber Museum just outside Birmingham about 200 miles.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hello MAGGZ. First off glad you decided to come down to this preety cool place. If you need guidance or help or just some wise thoughts, you can get most of that plus a ton of bull do-do, but you sift through it all, take a dash of salt, and you will find the good folks.

Nashville...Music City, The Grand Ol' Opry. Reimans(?)...Oh my...

My son lives there for now. He lives near where that tornedo set down a few weeks ago.

He'll be leaving soon for Big Tech out in Washington State. But for now, he stays put...

Stay in touch, and we will help settle you in...

Cordially (now there's a word I have not used much lately!)

The ol' curmudgeon

HB

Reactions: Angelx

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hello Maggz, welcome!! Love Nashville, went there every month for about a year and a half on business. Great city and nice people. Cold as hell in the winter so prefer the DR. Come on down...

Angelx

Jan 15, 2020
DR
Hola! My name is Maggz and I am new here from Nashville, TN. I wanted to say hello and hope to learn as much about the DR as I possibly can! I am a kidney transplant/kidney cancer survivor who is looking to finally settle down and semi retire in the next 5-7 years if not sooner. I am looking at the DR as a possible 'home away from home.' Anyway, Hello! :bandit:
My wife is from Tennessee. (Clarksville).

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
DR is getting better and better in the medical department. Santo Domingo and Santiago have the best installations, but all around the country there are good doctors for the usual medical needs. Welcome to DR1. :)