help! Dogs gone awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Hello to all of you in Sosua!

While we've been in Canada, we've had a friend going by the house to feed and take care of our dogs.

Unfortunately, yesterday (tuesday), they weaseled out the gate and took off. As they are rather large dogs, I'm worried someone is going to get frightened and shoot them or something.

They are both brindle boxer mixes, about 85 lbs each. Both have tags on them that say "Reward, Sosua bythe Sea 571 3222" and blue collars.

If you have any information, please call Marc at Sosua by the Sea (809) 571 3222 or post to this thread. If you can grab one or both of them, even better. They're crafty and quick, but not aggressive.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as my wife is inconsoleable.

Thanks!

Joe

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Good luck, Sosuajoe. I hope you get your dogs back. I love dogs myself.
If tags says 'Reward' as you pointed out, there's good change you get them back..

Zeus.

luz

Sep 27, 2006
not good to leave the number above, I called and nobody is answering. better post your cellular #

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Thanks for the call. Nice to know that at least one of them (hopefully both) is still ok, if not at home. Have called a friend who's on his way to check the neighbourhood for them.

fingers crossed

Joe

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Thanks!

The names are Buster and Oliver.

If you manage to collar one, please give me a call and I'll give you directions to my house (not the best idea to give those over the net since everyone now knows I'm not home :) )

fingers still crossed, wife still stressed

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Sorry, Sosuajoe.
Man, that's too bad. But a least you have one left. Take care of this one.

Adios,
Zeus (primus inter pares).

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Sosuajoe,

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I am glad that at least one is okay. Losing a pet is hard. I was very sorry to hear that sad outcome.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Joe: Most dogs are not "car savvy" ....We have lost several that way.
Sorry that it happened....but you have one left and can get another when you come down....Perhaps build a sort of kennel???

Regards,

HB

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
My yard is completely fenced in, so the whole yard is basically a kennel -- the lads are too scary looking to let them run free around the neighbourhood, and as you say, most dogs aren't car savvy, let alone motoconcho savvy, or prize cockfighting rooster savvy, or tres pasitos savvy. They managed to weasel out. One of those things, I guess.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all!

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Joe

I am sorry to hear that Joe. I know what its like when losing your dog and its a feeling I wish on nobody.

Dido this answer for me...I have no children so my dog is my child..I am so attached to my dog I would Kill to protect it as it would do the same for me...

I feel bad just thinking about how you must be handling this mentally...

Status
Not open for further replies.