Help! Trying to find some (car) doors!

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
From a fellow collector who resides in the capital. There are at least 3 collector Nova's in Santo Domingo. All are restored two doors.

He is not aware of any parts cars....has seen shells in his travels....most recently in San Pedro but that was a two door. The Pontiac Ventura 71-72 would work...but he has not seen one.

In the alternative, he, and the others get parts shipped from the US. One of the sites he mentioned, in addition to the recommendations above is;

DOOR SHELLS - all - AUTOBODY SPECIALTIES INC.

You have not indicated if yours is a restored collector car or a driveable original. If it is the latter, then aftermarket parts sourced in the US would be the route to go.

Maybe someone has seen a 4 door Nova elsewhere, but the Nova guys in S.D. are not aware of any other 4 doors in the capitol or elsewhere.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Well this is an amazing piece of information, thanks. The car is a driveable original(It's not really "original" now) I use to use it as a daily driver before i was hit by a drunk driver. I'm really glad someone went the extra mile to make some calls for me, even if nothing was found. Really thanks.

Also thanks to everybody else, i've gotten more information in a day than i got in a week of searching by myself, BIG help.

I guess you guys want to see the car huh?
Before the crash:
5wGYZ.jpg

5wH7e.jpg

5wH85.jpg

After:
5wH2f.jpg

5wH3H.jpg

5wH5l.jpg

Edit: AUTO body only has coupe shells

like the rest of the sites out there...... Or maybe i'm just looking wrong?

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the dogleg, quarter panel, and rocker can be repaired. that doorshell is done for.

get a used door, not a shell, since the window winder might be damaged, too.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow! i found hella rear doors here, But the thing is, Are they safe to use?

Edit: Just checked yearone, they one have coupe doors, like all the other sites......

yes, they are safe to use. i have been in this business for 30 years, and most of these guys are reputable. i have dealt with vendors from that site for many years, and never got one bum part.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
if you are going to buy from a recycler, check to see exactly what you are getting. if the ad says "shell" it might mean no glass, no trim panel, and no winder mechanism, just the raw shell. you need one with a winder. if the code says C, then it needs more than 2 hours of repair, which is nothing, unless it is rust repair. that you do not need, because the rust is always where the door skin overlaps the frame.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
the dogleg, quarter panel, and rocker can be repaired. that doorshell is done for.

get a used door, not a shell, since the window winder might be damaged, too.

Thanks for the tip, Is this site really trust worthy? It seems too good to be true
5wIEQ.png

Yes i know you answered it before ;p

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no idea about how to get the door but when i read the original post i thought "scrap this old s**t and buy a normal car". but saw picture and dang, your car is so pretty! really nice. i hope you find the door and will be able to fix it. good luck.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for the tip, Is this site trust worthy? It seems too good to be true
5wIEQ.png

what looks too good? the prices? it's a 1970 car, remember.

how did the accident happen?

if you want, i can do the legwork with the site, and locate you a door that will be appropriate.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
was the guy trying to overtake? that does not look like a t-bone hit.

I was going to do a left turn on the right side of the charle de guile(something like that, its the main street name) to get into a street that was across from where i was, totally legal turn. The guy said he though i was going to U turn and speed up(i still have NO FFING IDEA why he would speed up if he saw me coming) and turned right to avoid me,He hit me while i entered the street and i swerved into a wall.
Man, red paint* on brake drums is a ghetto fix, and the wheels are too gay for this car.
Orange paint* And what do you mean ghetto fix? Nothing was "fixed" i just had it painted orange. Wheels are fine, my car, my wheels
5wITg.jpg

5wIV2.jpg

Now THIS is a ghetto fix
5wIWq.jpg

Note the broom stick for the lack of springs

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
no idea about how to get the door but when i read the original post i thought "scrap this old s**t and buy a normal car". but saw picture and dang, your car is so pretty! really nice. i hope you find the door and will be able to fix it. good luck.
Thanks, means allot. It's pretty nice to be on the road and have people turn their heads just to look at you!

what looks too good? the prices? it's a 1970 car, remember.

how did the accident happen?

if you want, i can do the legwork with the site, and locate you a door that will be appropriate.

I though the camaro rule fit here= The older it is, the more it cost. Was expecting something over the 200$ range

Posted the accident above

By legwork, do you mean finding what i need? I would like that but i wouldn't wanna burden people. And i don't really wanna do the legwork right now, I still need to check up on something before i make the jump to buy it. I don't want anybody to start doing something just to find out i'm not going to buy it

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i WILL locate a door for the OP.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I was going to do a left turn on the right side of the charle de guile(something like that, its the main street name) to get into a street that was across from where i was, totally legal turn. The guy said he though i was going to U turn and speed up(i still have NO FFING IDEA why he would speed up if he saw me coming) and turned right to avoid me,He hit me while i entered the street and i swerved into a wall.

Orange paint* And what do you mean ghetto fix? Nothing was "fixed" i just had it painted orange. Wheels are fine, my car, my wheels
5wITg.jpg

5wIV2.jpg

Now THIS is a ghetto fix
5wIWq.jpg

Note the broom stick for the lack of springs

Exteriors are nice but superficial until we talk meat and potatoes.

What's under the hood ?

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
usually old rusty brake drums are fixed like this in DR, to look like red Brembo calipers. And your wheels look not like classic car wheels, but like black man's wheels.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
i WILL locate a door for the OP.
Thats so nice ;w;

Exteriors are nice but superficial until we talk meat and potatoes.

What's under the hood ?
Nothing much, something to play with.
Vortec V6 4.3l spitting out about 230hp. Like i said, Not much, But she sure sounds pretty

usually old rusty brake drums are fixed like this in DR, to look like red Brembo calipers. And your wheels look not like classic car wheels, but like black man's wheels.
These are not rusty, I had them orange to stand out. And i ask you this: At this point, with all the mods and custom stuff, Do i really need classic wheels?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha at the boot with the broom ;) you need a clean boot, man, to fit inside bodies of your enemies as you take them deep into the corn fields :)

gorgon, you are doing work for the betterment of the humanity, looking for the door. i do not know much about cars but i know when i see cool and pretty. and that's that the car is. and i understand that v6, 4.3 liter engine is quite powerful. my poor suzuki is 4 cylinders, 2 liter. and the whole car is so much bigger. i do not know how much horse power my grand vitara produces, or produced when new but it will not even be half of that 230hp this guy is talking about :(

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
And i ask you this: At this point, with all the mods and custom stuff, Do i really need classic wheels?
Not really, it's too late :) Actually, you don't need new door either, for DR it's ok to drive the car like this, it's still como nuevo.

This is just the idea how to upgrade your wheels next time : :)

22831d1243128432-what-does-everyone-think-monster-stuff-mcdonalds_ghetto_car.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i located something in Florida, which will cut down on shipping, even if the price is higher than something coming out of Vancouver. will call them later, since i cannot dial a watts line from my cellie.