Help! Trying to find some (car) doors!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
usually old rusty brake drums are fixed like this in DR, to look like red Brembo calipers. And your wheels look not like classic car wheels, but like black man's wheels.

You seem to have an issue with your rim and black men, did this occur on "The Inside"?

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
i located something in Florida, which will cut down on shipping, even if the price is higher than something coming out of Vancouver. will call them later, since i cannot dial a watts line from my cellie.

Thank you for the help. But i want to ask, do you think the front right door needs work too?

Also i've been thinking about getting a door near new jersey so i can have a friend send it this way, or is it better to buy it from florida?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thank you for the help. But i want to ask, do you think the front right door needs work too?

Also i've been thinking about getting a door near new jersey so i can have a friend send it this way, or is it better to buy it from florida?

it is better to buy it closer to the shipping lane, since it could cost a pretty penny to send it from a place like the west coast. let me handle this, and report back today.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
it is better to buy it closer to the shipping lane, since it could cost a pretty penny to send it from a place like the west coast. let me handle this, and report back today.

Well thanks a bunch, big help. But i hope you wont be annoyed if i end up not buying the door ( personal reason) I'll try everything i can to not let your effort go in vain

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the right front door has to be repaired, and the quarter panel , along with the rocker, also, and repainted. in the DR, that will not cost much. in the USA, that amount of would easily be 1500 dollars , or 60,000 pesos. it won't be anything near that here. the trick will be to match the paint, but since they have to paint the quarter and the rocker, and 2 doors, they can just blend the right fender and the roof.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
the right front door has to be repaired, and the quarter panel , along with the rocker, also, and repainted. in the DR, that will not cost much. in the USA, that amount of would easily be 1500 dollars , or 60,000 pesos. it won't be anything near that here. the trick will be to match the paint, but since they have to paint the quarter and the rocker, and 2 doors, they can just blend the right fender and the roof.

Well i already have people for this, i just need to talk to my "supervisor" This car was torn down and fixed right up here, went front factory green to this orange you see now. Thanks

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Well i already have people for this, i just need to talk to my "supervisor" This car was torn down and fixed right up here, went front factory green to this orange you see now. Thanks

cool. my job will be to locate a door. yours will be to make the decision that works in the best interest of your household.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
OK, i had a talk with my "supervisor" and yeah, We are buying those doors. But i'm going to need someone to hold my hand with the buying and shipping, I still don't trust this country's shipping system. Thanks for looking, gorgon!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
OK, i had a talk with my "supervisor" and yeah, We are buying those doors. But i'm going to need someone to hold my hand with the buying and shipping, I still don't trust this country's shipping system. Thanks for looking, gorgon!

no big thing. i will help as much as i can...

Jan 9, 2004
Well this is an amazing piece of information, thanks. The car is a driveable original(It's not really "original" now) I use to use it as a daily driver before i was hit by a drunk driver. I'm really glad someone went the extra mile to make some calls for me, even if nothing was found. Really thanks.

Also thanks to everybody else, i've gotten more information in a day than i got in a week of searching by myself, BIG help.

I guess you guys want to see the car huh?
Before the crash:
5wGYZ.jpg

5wH7e.jpg

5wH85.jpg

After:
5wH2f.jpg

5wH3H.jpg

5wH5l.jpg

Edit: AUTO body only has coupe shells

like the rest of the sites out there...... Or maybe i'm just looking wrong?

While it's hard to assess from the photos...looks like you need a door shell RF, full foor RR, full rear quarter (as the damage extends into the roof), pull and tug on the rocker.

Does not appear to show any frame damage. If it runs, run it through a puddle. If you show more than one set of tracks after you go through the puddle, it needs some frame time. The hit looks like it may have avoided the frame. Run it through a puddle and see.

Replace the rear quarter....you will probably never get it to pull out and line up correctly...especially where the damage extends into the roof.

Sounds like Gorgon has some of your stuff already located.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Aug 6, 2006
It is a very pretty restoration. Chevy's original colors for the Nova were pretty drab, as I recall. The Chinese red looks great. I have noticed that some very expensive European cars have red brake rotors. On this car it looks better, because the color matches the rest of the car.

Jan 9, 2004
It is a very pretty restoration. Chevy's original colors for the Nova were pretty drab, as I recall. The Chinese red looks great. I have noticed that some very expensive European cars have red brake rotors. On this car it looks better, because the color matches the rest of the car.

So true! Only the Cherry Red had any vibrancy...the rest were all dull and pastel like....all 19 or so.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
While it's hard to assess from the photos...looks like you need a door shell RF, full foor RR, full rear quarter (as the damage extends into the roof), pull and tug on the rocker.

Does not appear to show any frame damage. If it runs, run it through a puddle. If you show more than one set of tracks after you go through the puddle, it needs some frame time. The hit looks like it may have avoided the frame. Run it through a puddle and see.

Replace the rear quarter....you will probably never get it to pull out and line up correctly...especially where the damage extends into the roof.

Sounds like Gorgon has some of your stuff already located.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

if memory serves me right, these cars had a bolt-on front frame section, and unibody rear. what this will need is to give the lock pillar a pull, and some time on the outer wheelhouse. i don't think it should need any serious unibody alignment.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
if memory serves me right, these cars had a bolt-on front frame section, and unibody rear. what this will need is to give the lock pillar a pull, and some time on the outer wheelhouse. i don't think it should need any serious unibody alignment.

It doesnt, car sounds and runs just fine (other than the 1/4 panel rubbing on the back wheel) If i wasn't so ashamed to drive it around in its current condition(Would be the other way around if it was a toyota, need to respect classics) i would just pop that panel back enough till it would stop rubbing on it.

Edit: Nice call on the frame, it is a two part frame if i remember correctly

Jan 9, 2004

Correct. Unibody with sub-frame section. But, track it through a puddle and see. A pillar pull, etc., may not be enough.

You sure don't want it running down the road a little sideways (crabbing).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Got the doors (well, mostly) They are bought and on their way to NJ. Thanks to everybody who helped.

BIG thanks to the gorgon for the links and offering to help in anyway, Means allot!

Ill update this when the car is fully fixed!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Got the doors (well, mostly) They are bought and on their way to NJ. Thanks to everybody who helped.

BIG thanks to the gorgon for the links and offering to help in anyway, Means allot!

Ill update this when the car is fully fixed!

you are most welcome. it was a pleasure.