Help with potential locations

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
that will be the driving factor - schools - and the limiting factor

wrong country perhaps for high end education.

you may need to consider the boarding school option in Can/US/Europe
big budget.... but probably worth it

Abraham Lincoln is considered high end, even when compared to other countries.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
we are all encouraging the OP to come and bring his family and relocate, while on the other thread we are talking about what it will take to get a legal residency. Unless the OP has the 200k to invest in the RD, his high income will not qualify him for a visa, or am I wrong? Or does it matter if someone gets the investor visa and then does not invest? Do they check? Or am I just being silly thinking that being a LEGAL resident might actually have some impact on the OPs choice?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
we are all encouraging the OP to come and bring his family and relocate, while on the other thread we are talking about what it will take to get a legal residency. Unless the OP has the 200k to invest in the RD, his high income will not qualify him for a visa, or am I wrong? Or does it matter if someone gets the investor visa and then does not invest? Do they check? Or am I just being silly thinking that being a LEGAL resident might actually have some impact on the OPs choice?

Business visa maybe is his solution.......very cheap option, year long but stays no longer than 2 months , renewable....apply back home

Perhaps engage a lawyer set up a local entity being a writer at a cost of about $1500, move some money through your accounts and pay a small amount of tax offset by expenses.

Last edited:

Russ Reynolds

Mar 27, 2015
I am fortunate that one of my clients is well versed in obtaining Visas...and yes, a Business Visa is the most likely solution if I decide to move to the DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
try and report back on my 'Fast Track' thread........

We'd be interested to hear the results if all of this comes to pass